white
    1998 Trans Am

misfire fixed, spark plug question

so after replacing the coil pack on cylinder 7 i still had a misfire... yeah i know... start with the simple things first.. i never learn.. so after spending $45 bucks on that i was kinda mad but also happy that it was just a bad spark plug... now i had no idea what kind was in there at this point and with my work hours, im kinda strapped for time.. so i stopped by advanced auto on the way home and picked up a new ac delco plug.. changed them out, and wa la.. no more misfire.. now my question is this... the other 7 plugs are bosch platinum plugs and the 1 i replaced is an ac delco.. because as previous stated i had no idea what plugs were in there.. is this going to cause a problem??? the guys at advanced auto said no, but i would like input from other ls1 owners...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It will not cause any issues that I am aware of. However, the fact that you had a bad plug to begin with would make me suspect that the condition of the remaining plugs may also be a pending issue.

Lots of guys on here run the Delco Iridiums or NGK TR55's.

white
    1998 Trans Am

Well I do plan on changing them all to match now that I know. As for the other issues. I found out that after they put a new motor in that car (previous owner) continued to race it and they replaced a lifter in that motor. They didn't replace any plugs when they put the new lifter in. Which is why I'm guessing it has been misfiring since I got it. But when I put that new plug in and fired her up, the rough idle went away and that motor is smoothe as silk now. And friday I had a flowmaster 80 series and 4 inch tips put on. Yesterday had the cats deleted. Even though a lot of people say magnaflow, I'm happy with how it sounds. Now that may change next month when the LTs go on, but for now I like it

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    Well I do plan on changing them all to match now that I know. As for the other issues. I found out that after they put a new motor in that car (previous owner) continued to race it and they replaced a lifter in that motor. They didn't replace any plugs when they put the new lifter in. Which is why I'm guessing it has been misfiring since I got it. But when I put that new plug in and fired her up, the rough idle went away and that motor is smoothe as silk now. And friday I had a flowmaster 80 series and 4 inch tips put on. Yesterday had the cats deleted. Even though a lot of people say magnaflow, I'm happy with how it sounds. Now that may change next month when the LTs go on, but for now I like it

Sounds like a plan. Post up some pics of the installs!

Thread Information