Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

Man, this sucks!

I found in August of last year a 99 black on black t-top automatic with 92,000 miles on it and i fell in love with it Ive been looking for a while for the T/A that i want. Now i gotta wait till my tax return gets back which should be sometime toward the end of March. The Trans am is still there but i dont know if it will still be there by March!! This is driving me crazy And to top it off the dealer is some guy that works out of a warehouse and i tried talking to him to see if i could get a hold on it until the money comes in ( i have 1000 dollars to have him hold it for me) and he doesnt even seem like he's interested in selling the car! so when i do get the money IF its still there i know this guy is going to give me a hard time because he has already told me he wont bring the price down on it

Sorry but i just had to share with someone!
    thanks for reading!

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

what's he asking for it? and what a tool, you can't find the same kind of deal some place else?

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

8000$ trust me so far all the other trans ams ive found usually have alot of Aftermarket parts or just by looking at it are really beat up and this one is all stock even the exhaust is untouched. Its also exactly what im looking for black on black t-tops automatic

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Decent price. I got my all stock 98 black auto with 62,000 miles for $7800, but I got a deal on mine.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

I think the first mistake i did was to show up there and see if i could put some money down for him to hold it for me. When my friends saw how bad i wanted it, they said i could do that but i didnt think it was a good idea. Then my impatience got the best of me and i tried it anyway. You see, i think i can get the 8000$ but the guy was already talking about dealer costs and all that crap but im not paying more than 8000 for it. This is actually going to be my first time going head on with a saleman. All my other cars ive owned have been hand me downs or someone that i know that was able to get me a good deal. So actually i guess im asking for advice.....what would you guys do? how would ou handle this if you wanted that car that bad?
    Thanks in Advance!!!

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

Decent price. I got my all stock 98 black auto with 62,000 miles for $7800, but I got a deal on mine.
    If thats your car, thats a hell of a nice T/A! $7800 for 62,000 miles? Thats a damn good deal! I hope i can get some of your luck for this car!

I would go during the last week of the month when they are trying to meet thier goals. The dealership I used to work at would do anything for a sale that week.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

If he has had that car so long, he is paying for it by having it in his inventory. Be carefull these cars don't usually sit that long at a dealer. Sounds like he bought it to high and has no room to come down in price. Also could have an issue. Make sure you find out the history.

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

I did the carfax thing on it and the car is clean...BUT....not everything gets reported to carfax.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

True. Hey I just noticed you are in Miami. Where about?

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

Dolphin Mall Area

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

I live in Coral Springs and work in Pines, There are quite a few TA's around. If the one you have been looking at isn't around i recommend going to a few car shows. You should be able to hook up there.

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

Like the car show at Tower shoppes in Broward? ive been there in the past...the only thing that worries me about that is that usually if you find something there the price will be pretty high but ill check it out...you never know
    Thanks!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, the most important thing you can do is go in there being prepared to leave if he doesn't do the deal you want. That's the mistake most people make, they just want the car so bad they settle on the deal.
    I got my 04 GTO with 150 miles on it for $23k. I talked to the guy on the phone and we set the deal up over the phone. I go down there to pick the car up and when we're doing the paperwork he says " There's a $100 prep fee I forgot to tell you about on the phone so you're total will actually be 23,100 but it'll barely make your payment go up." I stood up shook his hand and said " I'll pass" and started leaving. He decided he'd eat the $100. I went over the paperwork with a fine toothed comb too. That's how you have to be. You have to be willing to find another car somewhere else, they need your sale more than you need that particular car....remember that.
    You've already screwed up by going in and offering to put the deposit down. Hopefully he forgets who you are by the time you go back because now he knows you really want the car. Get a final price in your head and go offer him a few hundred less than that and let him talk you up to your price. If he refuses to budge on the price shake his hand and leave. I mean the car has 92k on it, in less than a year that'll be over 100k. Go in with that mentality.

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

good advice

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

If this guy has had that car in his inventory that long, i'm sure he wants it out as bad as you want it.

I don't like the Tower Shops. Too many people full of themselves and too much rice. I like the Pontiac shows. You find people who are very knowlegeable about the cars and want to help others to enjoy. I find that there is a network among them, they seem to know how to get thier hands on anything you need. Many own quite a few cars and have many projects going on. These people are also very well connected with GM dealers.

I do go to the Tower Shops once in a while for a good laugh at some of the cars that bounce, talk, make pizzas, etc.... you can do anything in them but drive.

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

ORION: Thanks for the advice. Your right, i did screw up by offering that deposit! Im gonna do exactly what you said...ill go with a certain price in mind and not be so desperate. Ill find a good T/A one way or another but one thing is for sure...im getting an LS1 Trans am.

I do go to the Tower Shops once in a while for a good laugh at some of the cars that bounce, talk, make pizzas, etc.... you can do anything in them but drive.
    LOL!! Last time i went there..they did have alot of rice...but they have a classic muscle car side too. That was the fist and only time i ever saw a Dodge Daytona with that oversized wing in the back. As for the Pontiac shows.....where can i find them? that would be great to go to one of those!

WHITE
    02 T/A WS6 CONVERTIBLE

Definetly good advice given, also think hard about that mileage. To me 90+ on any car there has to be wear. Find the lowest mileage car possible is what I always do...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN View Post
    If thats your car, thats a hell of a nice T/A! $7800 for 62,000 miles? Thats a damn good deal! I hope i can get some of your luck for this car!
    That is my car in the signature below, but I added the ram air hood, Volant intake, and LM1 since purchasing it. I've spent about $1700 so far and will be adding solid black Z06 rims soon.

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN View Post
    ORION: As for the Pontiac shows.....where can i find them? that would be great to go to one of those!
    I will call some people and let you know. I know one in April down at Pines Pontiac. I will be in that one. I will get the dates and post them.

Thread Information