Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ls6 manifold

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

Ls6 manifold

hi I have a 2000 ws6 anyways I'm looking to buy a ls6 manifold. If I purchase just the manifold will my fuel injectors and throttle body and everything work with the ls6 manifold or will I have to make adjustments. Please if you can let me know what adjustments need to be made or whether it would for right in with no changes if appreciate it thanks!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Everything should bolt right up to the LS6 manifold. It is the same piece as the LS1 except for the bottom of the manifold and the PCV system. You will need to reroute the PCV system.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Everything should bolt right up to the LS6 manifold. It is the same piece as the LS1 except for the bottom of the manifold and the PCV system. You will need to reroute the PCV system.
    Is rerouting the PCV system easy and do i need any additional parts? thanks

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

PCV - No need to reroute it, It will connect the same way and lay along the passenger side the same.

Intake - you have 2 options when dealing with the coolant crossover tube that is under the intake.

Opt 1: Carefully using a Dremel grind off the fins that are on the bottom of the intake. This lets you keep the LS1 style crossover tubes.

Opt 2: It used to be called the LS6 coolant crossover kit. Goes for $65 (wow that went up!!), I would have to pm your the site because it's a non-sponsor.

Either option you choose I also strongly suggest that you update the knock sensors while you are here. They are due and its as good of a time as any.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agree. May as well swap them out while things are apart. Careful of the oil pressure sender as lots of them get broken during intake swaps.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Does anybody know if those fast intakes are good and are they really WORTH $1000 or would you just but a ls6 manifold for like $400. Also whats the difference between the 102mm ones and like the 92mm.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 MANN View Post
    Does anybody know if those fast intakes are good and are they really WORTH $1000 or would you just but a ls6 manifold for like $400. Also whats the difference between the 102mm ones and like the 92mm.
    I personally wouldn't bother with a ls6 unless your plans are to stay pretty mild or it isn't in the budget. The difference between the FAST 92 and the 102 is the open is 92mm and 102mm respectively. I own a FAST 102.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I personally wouldn't bother with a ls6 unless your plans are to stay pretty mild or it isn't in the budget. The difference between the FAST 92 and the 102 is the open is 92mm and 102mm respectively. I own a FAST 102.
    Well a thousand dollars for an intake is kinda steep lol. Anyways full exhaust and Long tubes was my plans thanks!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Well a thousand dollars for an intake is kinda steep lol. Anyways full exhaust and Long tubes was my plans thanks!
    I only paid $823 for mine shipped from Maryland Speed. I would definitely do exhaust before you think about a FAST.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

ls6 rated at a 15+ horsepower gain, how much is the FAST? THANKS[/BLUR]
    I only paid $823 for mine shipped from Maryland Speed. I would definitely do exhaust before you think about a FAST.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Seriously, I think the FAST intake needs combined with at least headers and a new throttle body to take advantage of its better flow characteristics. Add a new bump stick and then you would realize its full benefits. Yes, the intake alone is better than what you have from the factory, but it is one of those add ons that just begs for more money to be spent. Just my .02 on the matter.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

ls6 rated at a 15+ horsepower gain, how much is the FAST? THANKS[/BLUR]
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Seriously, I think the FAST intake needs combined with at least headers and a new throttle body to take advantage of its better flow characteristics. Add a new bump stick and then you would realize its full benefits. Yes, the intake alone is better than what you have from the factory, but it is one of those add ons that just begs for more money to be spent. Just my .02 on the matter.
    ^
    add on to what Jeff said. Unless you are into serious track/racing having a FAST 90 or 102 is a little overkill for minimum track use or week end cruises. LS6 intake is the best bank for the money for mild bolt on's.

With the FAST it's not just the intake that you need to factor cost for. Tuning, fuel injectors, throttle body need to be included.

HP gains - a lot of varibles here, A FAST will get you the most gains just short of force induction. However it needs other things like cam, good set of heads and exhaust in addition to the other things I mention.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

ANyone selling a ls6 manifold??

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Look on ebay, Craigslist or the parts for sale section on this site. Can try calling local junkyards too.

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Look on ebay, Craigslist or the parts for sale section on this site. Can try calling local junkyards too.
    Hi would you get a ls6 manifold from a wrecked car do u think it will be fine? How would you inspect it ?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

As long as everything checked out on it, sure. It's in the middle of the engine up high, so depending on where or how the car was wrecked, most likely it would be fine I would think. There really isn't too much to the design of the intake. It's just a plastic piece from an injection molding. Not sure what it's made of exactly, but I'm thinking ABS plastic or similar, which is pretty strong material. I would inspect it for cracks. I would think any damage to one would be very noticeable though.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agree. Uness you see visible cracks, or melted areas if the donor car suffered an engine bay fire, you should be good to go. Maybe inspect the MAP port at the rear of the manifold and the threaded inserts to ensure that none of them are bunged up.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Hey guys i just picked up an ls6 manifold the bottom has been modded to which the water tubes dont have to be changed making the installation easier... Do you guys know if i need the new gaskets or the new bolts for the install or will my ls1 manifold ones work, im going to get new gasket seals tho. thx

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Hey guys i just picked up an ls6 manifold the bottom has been modded to which the water tubes dont have to be changed making the installation easier... Do you guys know if i need the new gaskets or the new bolts for the install or will my ls1 manifold ones work, im going to get new gasket seals tho. thx
    Yes get new gaskets,your LS1 bolts are fine but be careful not to overtighten them.

You might also want to change your knock sensors and harness and your OPSU as well use GM parts you don't want to do it twice.

Pick up an OPSU socket from a parts store they are about $8-10

NBM
    1999 TA A4

BTW get 8 old socks a few rags and a couple cans of brake cleaner to clean your mess up,and change your oil and filter when your done.

Get about 8 feet of 3/8 neoprene hose to fix your clapped out PCV system to.

Thread Information