Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

The love for two birds has got me stuck

Ok, so heres my situation right. My first car is my '89 Formula. which has the top of the motor disassembled, and needs alot of work. now heres the prob. its not going to be moving for along time, but i love this car.but.......i also have my '00 trans am WS.6....i want to fix it up, looks and a little engine modding. How do i choose, or thoughts and opinons on what to do.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Kind of the same boat I'm in.. except my other bird is a Thunderbird from 1986. I got rid of my Acura and kept both my birds. I do things to both of them, but mainly just try to keep the Thunderbird in good running condition. If you want to keep your Formula - just get it running in the in the meantime drive your WS6. Then when it's fixed, drive the Formula as a DD and work on the WS6. I rotate cars all the time so I can have one down and apart and take my time, or just rotate for fun when they are both together and working.

If you love both, keep 'em.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

its hard to know what to do. i have 4 birds so i definately know how ya feel i would try to atleast get the formula runnin first. then from there and split the mods/improvements up equally
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

that sucks man.... I've been wrestling the same thing. I got a 99' t/a that could use some tlc, but I got a 00 t/a with low mileage in awesome condition (both are bone stock). I guess it all depends on your financial situation.... right now I can only afford to do a little bit of modding or repairs to one of them.... unless I sell one and dump the $$$ into the other....

I've been saying I'm gona sell the 99' for over a year, but can't bring myself to do it....

just get the formy runnin'... and use it as your DD, that way you keep the miles off, and the mods going on the LS1

good luck in your decision

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I'm a big fan of the 3rd gens.

I'd be out there working on the Formula every night until it was drivable again. Then I'd see about modding the 4th gen.

It would be hard to give either one up.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

can you do both? if not make some kind of compromise

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Keep That 89 I Sold Mine And Have Regreted It Ever Since Even Though Mine Was Ripping Itself In Half Big Power No Sfc = Large Cracks In The Floors By T Tops And By Doors

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

I would pick the one in better shape and use it as a daily driver for now and work on the other car when I had the time / money. Then when the other baby is ready to roll i'd switch it up.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Thanx all for the edvice. Question though. Since the formy is torn apart, should i just start adding parts to get it to run, and performance, or just get it running again in just good shape, then work on it later?

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

...thats really up to you. Depends on what car you want to drive more then the other. If you really want the Formula to be running and all, I'd say drive the WS6 for now, and dump you're money into getting the Formula running 100% but you also will have to take into account the wear/maintenance the WS6 may need while you're in the process of doing that. When you're done with the Formula, switch to driving that and do the mods you want to do to the WS6. Unless you have other vehicles besides them that you could use as a daily driver.

Thread Information