Looking for f body

Looking at this 98 TA 112k miles

I know it seems as though im never gonna pick a car but im being real cautious before i just settle on one.
    Stumbled across this car today. Clean carfax 1 owner and everything is stock. Exhaust was hardly noticeable definitely would have to change that. I've looked at and driven at least 20 cars and this was the cleanest car of them all and the oldest. There wasn't a single rip or stain in the seats. No cracks in dash, no paint peeling, nothing not even on the sail panel. There were a handful of spots on the paint that were scratched but that's it and none of them were even noticeable until you get right up on the car. Every single thing on the car worked but we had an issue with the drivers side power door. It would go up and down pretty slow and then wouldn't do anything. Give it a few minutes and it would work again. The dealership said that would be fixed before i bought it. Car shifted smoothly and oil pressure was good. Got underneath and saw no signs of leaky rear end. It did have a left rear water damaged taillight but that's no big deal. Tires were basically new.
    Car is listed at $7995 plus tt&l
    Heres the link

http://www.jerryschevytexas.com/Vehi...-TX/1152769713

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I got a 404 error

Looking for f body

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

exterior pics look good, no damage I can see. I wish I could see the engine bay.

FYI, I got mine (98' Stock T/A with 108k) for $6500. See if they'll bite for a lower amount.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

I cheated, I got my '98 with 80k for $4,500 off my bro 5+ years ago, when he "had to have a GTO", after we had replaced his carpet, headliner, brakes, rotors, CAI and sway bars.

But anyway, 8k seems fair (little high for the milage but ok if the condition makes up for it), I wouldn't say it's a great deal but it is really dependant on it's condition and location, state to state these cars seem to vary a bit in price so if you've been shopping for a while you have a better idea than I do the price they are going for in your area, around here there always seems to be some for sale and from a quick look they are in the same ball park price wise, these both seem really clean and the black one has a number of typical mods already installed.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2486952537.html
    http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/2486597961.html

Looking for f body

Alright went in today with cash planning on taking it home. Told them i had cash and wanted it today. Took it for another test drive. The car acted like it wanted to die every now and then when it had a load and the ac even died and came back on twice during my 15 minute drive. It was fine in neutral with ac maxed out. It would only do it in 1st-3rd or so. Seemed fine on the highway. Its gotta be something electrical. The speedometer and tach would jump around and at one point in 2nd it said i was running 70 and tached out. The battery guage was under 13 volts the whole time. I told them about it and they said all they could do was run it through service and let them check it. Another salesman drove it and it did the same thing to him. When it came back from service (not even sure they took it cause i left) they called me back saying they saw no problems. They pretty much told me that I would have to fix it after i bought it. Pretty shitty way to do business. Im sure they will be calling soon

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Any visible mods on the car? Stumble could be a MAF or IAC issue, or even a dirty throttle body. Does it have a K&N style air filter? The jumpy gauges would make me a little nervous.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

That's weird. Electrical problems can be expensive to fix. When I bought mine in February on drive light didn't work. I spent at least 10-15 hours checking and re-checking wiring and finally came to the conclusion that it was a module. If I would have taken it to GM it would have cost over $1,500. I paid $8,800 for my 2000 with 58k miles. I would make sure I knew what was wrong before I bought it. If you really want it take it to a different mechanic and see what he says. Have him make a list of things and use it to lower their price. You know they probably only paid $3,500 for it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

The electrical problems scare me as well could be a easy fix andcould be a several thousand dollar fix. I would get a independant inspection from a mechanic you know and can trust prefferably familar with GM and LS systems to see if it is a lemon or an easy fix.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Looking for f body

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Any visible mods on the car? Stumble could be a MAF or IAC issue, or even a dirty throttle body. Does it have a K&N style air filter? The jumpy gauges would make me a little nervous.
    No visible mods. Stock exhaust, wheels, nothing under the hood. Not even an aftermarket air filter

Thread Information