Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Lets give GM a reason to build the new T/A

All of us need to band together for gm to give us a new bird. im sick of all of this hype about just camaro, mustang, challenger...sure it will be cool to see all of them on the road......but i wanna see a new frikin bird. im done. gm is failing us all, this camaro is there one and final ditch effort to keep alive. the goat showed no promises and failed. and this new g8 will fail, its just like the goat. it will have corvette power and still fail. We all want a bird sitting next to our 4th gens, if you all want this to happen we have to come together. show gm how we can make it work. i dont want to live in the new muscle era without the bird. and i know theres alot of you with artistic talent and the intelligence to make this work. i however am just the promoter. plz, im begging you all, this is how things come together and come to life....its b/c of us. we have to band together.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    All of us need to band together for gm to give us a new bird. im sick of all of this hype about just camaro, mustang, challenger...sure it will be cool to see all of them on the road......but i wanna see a new frikin bird. im done. gm is failing us all, this camaro is there one and final ditch effort to keep alive. the goat showed no promises and failed. and this new g8 will fail, its just like the goat. it will have corvette power and still fail. We all want a bird sitting next to our 4th gens, if you all want this to happen we have to come together. show gm how we can make it work. i dont want to live in the new muscle era without the bird. and i know theres alot of you with artistic talent and the intelligence to make this work. i however am just the promoter. plz, im begging you all, this is how things come together and come to life....its b/c of us. we have to band together.
    many of us don't want a new one.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    many of us don't want a new one.
    so is that it, just let the breed come to an end?

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

i kinda have to agree... Gm is never gonna do it right so we might as well leave off on a good note. 35 years was a pretty good run, i cant think of a model i dont like in that 35 year period so... yea end on a good note and dont let gm screw it up more

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6 M6

i say let it go... ill have so much fun smoking all the new camaros, challengers, chargers, and mustangs in my "last of the breed"

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ScrewieStewie02 View Post
    i say let it go... ill have so much fun smoking all the new camaros, challengers, chargers, and mustangs in my "last of the breed"

amen brother!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I don't want another bird; nor want to see a retro version of it - I like the new Camaro, but I still think our 98-02 cars look worlds better/cooler. Let the legend stay a legend.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

I agree with all of you guys who dont want them to make another one just let it be

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

i also dont wanna see another one built

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

I've been inspired by the Trans Am since the fall of 1977 when a frat brother gave me a lift home in his new WS-6 1978 Black TA with a 4 speed and t-roofs. What a ride, loved it better than the Corvette! Since then have owned a 1976, 1978, 1979 and now a 1995. All these years have wanted to order a BRAND NEW one my way. Sure, I have purchased new cars for the family, wheeled and deal.

But, my heart has been on a new bird. Could not swing 35K for an 2002 (with a new car payment for the wife and other family situations.) So am holding out that something will come our way. Its the same hope as through collage and getting started in life when I all my buddies where ordering new ones and showing off, just could not afford the payments at the time.

So while for me, please make a new one. A retro shaker hood scoop and 6 speed will do just fine.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Let's not.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

OMG Not another one of these threads.
    The Firebird Is Dead ! Get Over It !
    Instead of bitching about how GM isn't building one, You should celebrate and enjoy the one you have cause it will not pass this way again.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    1998 T/A

I have to agree. In an ideal world it may be cool to have a new Bird in the mix. In reality though, it would be a disaster like almost everything else on the automotive horizon. For some reason, I can't help but think it would end up being a name badge used as a sales gimmick. Just a hunch....

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

I do want to see another one, but I don't.

I think it would be cool to see a new version of it with a jacked up engine and new look, but it will always be the little brother to the vette. I still would love to see some new technology in them, like the GPS, sick rims, and an agressive new design. Somehow I think they'd find a way to retro it back to the 70's.

We get a lot of curiosity about the cars because they're so rare which is nice, but I wouldn't mind the name getting some more name credibility. I have a lot of people I tell them I have a mint Trans-Am... and they're like 'huh?'. I have to explain it to them like they're kids, 'it has a corvette engine in it', 'it looks like hell cometh', 'shove your civic up your ass'

But with the way Pontiac has been going in the past years, I don't want them to represent the car I love. They pay for huge logo's on tracks, but never have any cars that race on them. Very sad.

Keep it retired... because I'll tell you exactly how it will go down, they'll sell the first year or 2 initially due to hype, then it will die down and will crash miserably. I don't want that to be my last memory of the firebird. I don't think many of you are willing to fork out $50K+ for a new Trans-AM. I know I'm not, and I love them dearly.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

i really dont want a new one

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Do you have the check in hand to buy one? Because that's the only way GM would build one. 50 milliion 'Bird fans can say they want it, but unless they buy, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Doesn't make sense to have one anyway. Most likely the Camaro and Charger will only last one generation, then it's 1975 all over again.

Pewter
    2001/WS6

Would like it but not going to happen. they're going to have enough trouble with the Camaro after the newness wears off and the new CAFE standards take effect

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Bird fans should consider themselves LUCKY that GM isn't building a 5th gen
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Bird fans should consider themselves LUCKY that GM isn't building a 5th gen
    ^^
    Agreed

NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

This "Modern Muscle war" (Camaro, Mustang and CHallenger) unfortunatly isnt going to last long. Just read the latest articles in Motor Trend. The CAFE is here and its all over. By the way The Bird isnt dead, I got one alive and well in my driveway. While everyone is driving there new pony cars.....Im driving by in a legend. CAN I GET AN AMEN???!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information