Thread: LED Lights

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

LED Lights

I wish to replace my regular drl's and driving light bulbs with LED's on my Formula.

Please don't copy and paste a link to a thread where I have to read a 110 pages to find out what I want.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I purchased all of me LEDs from diode dynamics for my 02 Camaro. I also purchased this flasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00383ETS0...iglink20380-20

All works good on my end.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I put the Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs with new housings in my '00. No more heat, no more ugly orange bulb in a clear housing, put in a electronic flasher, no hyper flash. Very very very happy!

Here is my video on this subject.

The light bulbs,
    https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Ambe.../dp/B01A77R6YI

The flasher unit required,
    https://www.amazon.com/Novita-EL12-F...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Trans Am housings are different than the Firebird ones, but Depo is the brand of mine. If you don't have fried or foggy ones, you are good to go!

Best part, with a minor up-charge, the bulbs and flasher should be very readily available at your local parts store.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Thanks for the video Darren, but does a Formula take the same bulb as a Trans Am?

I'm sure the Hyper Flasher is worth considering but is it really needed. Will it hurt the car electronics system if I don't use it?
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

It is needed if you wish for the turn signals to operate correctly. Diode Dynamics has their 4th of July sale going on right now for 20% off. One of their biggest sales.

I went with XP80's for the front of my 02 Camaro DRL's.

I am not sure if this link will help for the bulb sizes. I would still double check the sizes.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...bulb-list.html

Here is my thread on swapping out to full LED's

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...nt-rear-2.html

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Thanks for the video Darren, but does a Formula take the same bulb as a Trans Am?

I'm sure the Hyper Flasher is worth considering but is it really needed. Will it hurt the car electronics system if I don't use it?
    As mentioned it wont flash correctly without it, but it will not cause any electronic harm.

Our cars take the 3157A bulb ( A means Amber, R means Red, etc ) housings are just simply shaped differently. Happy modding! You will love the finished result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is needed if you wish for the turn signals to operate correctly. Diode Dynamics has their 4th of July sale going on right now for 20% off. One of their biggest sales.

I went with XP80's for the front of my 02 Camaro DRL's.

I am not sure if this link will help for the bulb sizes. I would still double check the sizes.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...bulb-list.html

Here is my thread on swapping out to full LED's

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...nt-rear-2.html
    I saw that and made a sizable order. Ordered the SL1 LED low, high, and fog kit for my 06 Duramax. That discount made a $450.00 order down to $360.00 plus ship. Quite high still ( I put Auxbeam in my 04 1500, working good but a fog bulb failed already ) and it was half the cost.

Very eager to see if the quality is much better than the cheaper Auxbeam kit. For the mo eyes I sure hope it is.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Thanks all!

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    As mentioned it wont flash correctly without it, but it will not cause any electronic harm.

Our cars take the 3157A bulb ( A means Amber, R means Red, etc ) housings are just simply shaped differently. Happy modding! You will love the finished result.

I saw that and made a sizable order. Ordered the SL1 LED low, high, and fog kit for my 06 Duramax. That discount made a $450.00 order down to $360.00 plus ship. Quite high still ( I put Auxbeam in my 04 1500, working good but a fog bulb failed already ) and it was half the cost.

Very eager to see if the quality is much better than the cheaper Auxbeam kit. For the mo eyes I sure hope it is.
    That is a good order. The SL1 looks pretty good. Check out about 22 mins into this video for the light output.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I had some extra time this week so I decided to install the LED, well I replaced the standard drl/turn signal bulb with a Ultinon LED bulb 3157A by Philips - it works on drl's only but not on the turn signal.

Now what can I do?

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

As you all know I wish to replace my DRL light blubs with LED's after having all the LED's ready to install, I was looking at the DRL light housing is kinda old and brittle. I tryed finding new ones on ebay, rockauto and FD Marketplace maybe I'm just not using the right words or something I can't find them. I need your help again, can you guys find them for me or should I go to a GM dealer?

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would say take the bulb out and rotate it 180 degrees. Perhaps there are some polarity properties involved.

As far as new housings, mine are the DEPO OE replacements, ordered off ebay. I would imagine they make a Firebird replacement. If not, perhaps the dealer is your main bet. And if they can't, then it may be a mandated retrofit of another lens.

Thread Information