red
    2002 t/a ws6,1972chevelle

leaks around t -tops???

Ok so i got the t/a out this moring and it started to become a light shower. then i noticed a couple od water drops coming inside from the pasanger window??? i got out and look could not see any drips. When I got back home i opend the pansger door and saw that there was water in the weather striping chanel and at the top cornrer of the t top close to the windshield like it eas pooling up there and running down inside. Anyone else have this same type of leak and if so is it bad weatherstripping or what

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i have the same leak..i am pretty sure it is weatherstripping..so i am preparing my pocketbook to replace it.

red

thast what ithought to i was afraid it might be that but the funny thing is it just seem to happen over night i just washed and wax it like 2 days ago no problem then. oh well dont happen to know how much i am going to have to refinance the house for for weathrstriping do you i ve heard its pretty bad???

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

If you lube your weather stripping once a year with wd40 or die electric grease (the grease works best) your weather stripping will last for alot longer. the lube makes the rubber swell up.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by carnut7202 View Post
    thast what ithought to i was afraid it might be that but the funny thing is it just seem to happen over night i just washed and wax it like 2 days ago no problem then. oh well dont happen to know how much i am going to have to refinance the house for for weathrstriping do you i ve heard its pretty bad???
    200ish i believe ..i think i might just buy some weather striping and try to cut it myself

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the problem is dirt gets in the little chanels in the weather striping... find something gentle to clean out the inside andthen armor all them good...

red

so since this just happened and i just it gave it a wash and wax i could have just got some dirt in there right??? i hope

Thread Information