@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

Last night almost wrecked..

Posted this in the Texas thread too but I wanted the TA/WS.6 Guys to read it too.

Last heading up to Heartbreakers to start my shift around 6pm and I'm driving the CETA up there. well I get there and my buddy is just getting off, well im early so I take him home, on the way home i'm driving in the far right lane on 518 in Dickinson and this flat bed wrecker is to the left of me. Out of flipping no where he decides that the lane im in, is the one he wants to be in and he does not see me at all!!

Somehow I slam on the breaks and he was flooring the gas hard enough to where he missed me and I must have brushed the curb ever so slightly.. man Im so angry I chase the asshole down but he hits the freeway and I have to go under it back to work.. so i figure well SOMEHOW he didnt hit me so no real harm no foul and I go into work.

The whole shift go's by and I get off at 3:00am and turn around and head up I-45N back to Webster. I notice as soon as I get on the freeway my car is pulling pretty badly to the right which i think is quite weird. about 1 exit past anything there's something obviously wrong now i pull over to the far left on the freeway and before I can even stop my front right tire explodes.

I stop the car and sit there just left of the fast lane in kinda a denial type of pose, I realize I must have hit the curb even though I didnt think I did earlier in the day and i'm livid. Well I have to change my tire but I can't do it on the left side of I45 so since it's 3am theres no one on the road i roll the car about 5mph across to the other side of the road where I can take the tire off.

It was SO cold last night I couldnt believe I didnt bring a jacket to work so Im in slacks and a button up shirt changing a tire.. i get it jacked up and then I realize that I dont have the nutt lug key for my locked lugnutt!!!! I cant believe it's not in the glove box!

So it's now 5pm before AAA brings a wrecker out and he's from dickinson and grumbling and whining the whole time he gets there.. he says "i'll change ur tire but I can't tow you because your not in my insured area. well.. needless to say this @$$ clown cant get the tire off either.. so he leaves..

Now another 45min go by before AAA brings out Another wrecker this one from an area that can tow me.. well this guy I can tell knows exactly what he's doing at the very start. He starts to move the flatbed down and looks at my car.. and then tells me there's no way he can get my lowered ws6 on the flatbed w/o seriously messing something up. so we troubleshoot this lugnutt log for a bit and he calls up a buddy and tells me to go wait in the car till he can figure something out.

Finally it's 6:15AM I still haven't goten home. we try grabing a socket set thats close to the lock's size hammer it over it and it poped right off! we then stuck my spare on and I was able to drive my baby home.

Be safe out there guys... Anything can happen.

--------------------Short version-------------------
    3am flat tire 2 tow trucks later I get home at almost 7am.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post
    Posted this in the Texas thread too but I wanted the TA/WS.6 Guys to read it too.

Last heading up to Heartbreakers to start my shift around 6pm and I'm driving the CETA up there. well I get there and my buddy is just getting off, well im early so I take him home, on the way home i'm driving in the far right lane on 518 in Dickinson and this flat bed wrecker is to the left of me. Out of flipping no where he decides that the lane im in, is the one he wants to be in and he does not see me at all!!

Somehow I slam on the breaks and he was flooring the gas hard enough to where he missed me and I must have brushed the curb ever so slightly.. man Im so angry I chase the asshole down but he hits the freeway and I have to go under it back to work.. so i figure well SOMEHOW he didnt hit me so no real harm no foul and I go into work.

The whole shift go's by and I get off at 3:00am and turn around and head up I-45N back to Webster. I notice as soon as I get on the freeway my car is pulling pretty badly to the right which i think is quite weird. about 1 exit past anything there's something obviously wrong now i pull over to the far left on the freeway and before I can even stop my front right tire explodes.

I stop the car and sit there just left of the fast lane in kinda a denial type of pose, I realize I must have hit the curb even though I didnt think I did earlier in the day and i'm livid. Well I have to change my tire but I can't do it on the left side of I45 so since it's 3am theres no one on the road i roll the car about 5mph across to the other side of the road where I can take the tire off.

It was SO cold last night I couldnt believe I didnt bring a jacket to work so Im in slacks and a button up shirt changing a tire.. i get it jacked up and then I realize that I dont have the nutt lug key for my locked lugnutt!!!! I cant believe it's not in the glove box!

So it's now 5pm before AAA brings a wrecker out and he's from dickinson and grumbling and whining the whole time he gets there.. he says "i'll change ur tire but I can't tow you because your not in my insured area. well.. needless to say this @$$ clown cant get the tire off either.. so he leaves..

Now another 45min go by before AAA brings out Another wrecker this one from an area that can tow me.. well this guy I can tell knows exactly what he's doing at the very start. He starts to move the flatbed down and looks at my car.. and then tells me there's no way he can get my lowered ws6 on the flatbed w/o seriously messing something up. so we troubleshoot this lugnutt log for a bit and he calls up a buddy and tells me to go wait in the car till he can figure something out.

Finally it's 6:15AM I still haven't goten home. we try grabing a socket set thats close to the lock's size hammer it over it and it poped right off! we then stuck my spare on and I was able to drive my baby home.

Be safe out there guys... Anything can happen.

--------------------Short version-------------------
    3am flat tire 2 tow trucks later I get home at almost 7am.
    WTF! There was a short version at the bottom. i read the whole thing! I'm glad you didn't wreck your baby. Did you mess your rim up?

2002 Collectors EDTA

yeah I think so I'm taking pictures of it with my camera phone and gonna post them as soon as my phone beeps.

green
    98 formula

sounds like the pulling could be from the brake caliper or hose good luck with the wheel

2002 Collectors EDTA

after pic's sorry it's dark but you can look at the tire..

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Damn man! A tire on my Impala blew out the exact same way! It was a bad blow out, too. My car was pulling really hard to the left just before it popped and I almost hit the ditch when it finally did. My car sat on the side of the road for three days after I broke three adapters, 2 jacks, and 1 four way. One nut stood between me and my freedom. The asshole that put my rims on cross threaded it. The moral of my story is "never ask a disgruntled tire shop employee to go ahead and stagger the rear tires, even though he just got through replacing all four tires at the same size." That fucker almost cost me my beautiful car.

2002 Collectors EDTA

Bleh I cant even get my tire replaced until Wednesday when everything reopens!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn that sucks, I am glad your ok tho. There has been too many Fbody accidents lately.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

damn man im glad your ok

Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

damn, bad blow out, glad you and the ws6 are all good though.
    i had a blow out goin to south lake tahoe this week, had to sit out in 20 degree weather for 45 minutes waitin to get a tow truck, then he gets there and is a total ass, tells me i should sell this worthless piece and get a 4x4!! needless to say he got a few words outta me and was on his way

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Man that sucks, but atleast it was just a wheel and not the car.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

wow good thing you and your car is ok,hope everything works out for you.

2002 Collectors EDTA

I found a little dent about the size of a baseball in my rear passanger side behind the door right before the back right tire... im really pissed but I think it will bang out and with some touch up paint be as good as new.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

NOOOOOO!!!!! fuck, that sucks, man!

Thread Information