Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

just got mine and looking to upgrade

A couple months back i was finally stumbled across a 2002 Trans am that i was able to afford. Not a bad price for a super clean t/a. $12,900 with under 60000 miles. T-tops, auto, with masoon stereo system 12 disc cd. The kelly blue book valued the car in the high teens. I read the car fax and the car is clean. Im looking to upgrade the exhaust and headers first. I was thinking of going with JBA headers( they have a shop a few miles from my place). A buddy of mine had jba's on his stang but i never met anyone who ran them on a T/A. So im not sure of their quality. Along with that i want to do an exhaust as well. Not sure what size pipes to go to, and what brand mufflers to chose. I was something that sounds mean and loud when i romp the gas but I don't feel like having to take aspirin every time I drive it. Then from there I am not sure where to go besides wanting to add the ram air hood with the slp lid i have seen. My friend tells me to bore the engine out and get some nice pistons. also looking at going with better heads but not sure what stage i can goto without some serious modifications(not exactly pulling money outta my butt). Any kind of help or suggestions that you vetrens T/A owners can give this rook will help. I have been a fan of the T/A's since i drove my dads back when i was teen, he had a 95 convertible that i did beat a cobra mustang with. So far I have not been let down with this car.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

it sounds like you have a idea already for a starter i would say a magnaflow sistem it sounds good and isnt loud enof to piss you off, for heads i cant say but from some of the dyno test that i have sean you cant beat a set of trick flow heads but some one with them. if you go that rouet get the cam at the same time in a pac if you can intakes and tb's are a good start and dont brake the bank with that all you sound see from a mustang is

Thread Information