Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    98 Trans Am

Talking Just bought-98 T/A in great shape for $1700!

Black with Dark Gray leather, T-top, automatic, and 2.73 highway gears, Monsoon CD, no TC, only mods that I can tell is a removed MAS screen and Flowmaster muffler.

A good friend of mine, needed to sell, was going to trade in on a 6 shooter stang for crap, so I snatched it over the weekend.

Ok...so it has 214kmi (90% which is highway) and it's went through 3 ac compressors the past few mos, (I know this car well) and the drivers seat leather has some tears, otherwise THE CAR IS GREAT! (see pics)It even has brand new tires, and brakes! It was pretty dirty when I got it, but I gave it a thorough clean and detail and I just changed the oil and coolant, and NGK's and MSD wires are going in this week.

I've wanted a Black LS1 T/A (especially a WS6) since they came out as this is finally my first LS1 after owning many L98 and LT1 cars(see sig) I am impressed with the top end, I just wish it had my Formy 350's tire shredding torque to go along with that top end

3.42's and a nice rebuilt trans(or maybe a 6spd swap) should give it some more off the line scoot!

I have some room to play with once I sell my Formula.
    98 Trans Am T-Top Coupe
    Black/Charcoal
    automatic 2.73
    Mobil 1, NGK TR55 plugs, MSD 8.5 wires, Flowmaster Muffler

Black
    98 Trans Am

some pics I took today after some rain.

Black
    98 Trans Am

and one with My 91 Formula 350 beast!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No way you really bout that car for under 2 grand or is that a typo?

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

ill give you $1750

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    No way you really bout that car for under 2 grand or is that a typo?

No typo, seventeen hundred ca$h!

The miles and the fact the ac isn't blowing cold right now is the reason the dealer offered him something like 2k, I told him "you let them have it for that I'll kill you!"

I actually could probably have gotten it for $1600 because he was going to knock a hundred bucks off for the plugs and wires, but he then changed his mind and was going to keep it and the Mustang, but he's moving and I've been bugging him the past 2 weeks while the car was getting a new coil, so I gave him what he originally asked to butter him up some.

It runs and drives great, and everything works except the ac, the passenger side headlight is finicky sometimes and won't pop up unless I try a few times, (relay?)

and the fuel gauge doesn't light up like the rest of the gauges with the lights on (bulb?) otherwise that's it.

NBM
    99 TA

thief!

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    ill give you $1750

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Thx for rubbing it in. lol just shatter it for the rest of us, go ahead and buy a new ls1 and drop it in or get a rebuilt with new performance parts, thats what i would do.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Nice score. I think we should have a small club "Fourth Gen's under 2k$!" I got my 97 for just under 1200! But it was much not the same as it looks now. Overall, 3500$ total invested still ain't shabby for an eye catch like this thing (yeah, i'm bragging). I never thought it'd cause accidents but apparently when a guy in an old beat-up beretta is staring at it and nearly rearends the guy in front of him, that makes for a nice little laugh.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

alright thast not fair ive beeen looking for a long time and cant find shit

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    get a rebuilt with new performance parts, thats what i would do.
    That's my plan, a nice rebuild with a mild cam, some rockers, some new heads and headers. Something nice and street able, but with more power. The motor seems fine right now though, I will probably do trans and axle first. I definitely will be putting a Ram Air hood on, and maybe some 17" Torquethrust.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I got my 97 for just under 1200!

Steals are out there, you just have to long long and hard, or know someone.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

whats the best place to look for one

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

My car was advertised in the paper for a few weeks. The bank I bought it off of took the car's title as collateral on a loan for a newer 4dr. Dodge Dakota pickup truck, however, the fella took his life and the truck went back, as did the car. I put in my silent bid of 1186.78 (i was told to bid an odd number) and sure enough about 2 weeks later I got the call. All I had to do was go pick up the title and drop off payment. The lady who i dealt with at the bank said i just barely beat out the next guy (my guess is 1175? never will know). However, its nice being able to do that, you know, walk in and pay cash for a vehicle, lol. Regardless, it wasn't the car i wanted at the time, i wanted an LS engine, but I will not complain for the price.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    My car was advertised in the paper for a few weeks. The bank I bought it off of took the car's title as collateral on a loan for a newer 4dr. Dodge Dakota pickup truck, however, the fella took his life and the truck went back, as did the car. I put in my silent bid of 1186.78 (i was told to bid an odd number) and sure enough about 2 weeks later I got the call. All I had to do was go pick up the title and drop off payment. The lady who i dealt with at the bank said i just barely beat out the next guy (my guess is 1175? never will know). However, its nice being able to do that, you know, walk in and pay cash for a vehicle, lol. Regardless, it wasn't the car i wanted at the time, i wanted an LS engine, but I will not complain for the price.
    so like at an auction?

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

214K miles original?! HOLY $HIT!!!

I don't even know where to begin with that, I think I would have to buy every part that came stock on that car from GM parts direct to replace the originals. Then I'd have the frame inspected to see if it was falling apart or not! Damn thats alot of miles, he drove the F%&$ out of that car.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Technically it was at auction. All they did was advertise in the paper "FOR SALE" with the details and to "drop off written offer at X location". So basically it was a silent auction, but it wasn't any kind of private deal at all, anybody and their brother could have ended up with that car.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover View Post
    That's my plan, a nice rebuild with a mild cam, some rockers, some new heads and headers. Something nice and street able, but with more power. The motor seems fine right now though, I will probably do trans and axle first. I definitely will be putting a Ram Air hood on, and maybe some 17" Torquethrust.
    Yea thats what I am saying, but good idea go ahead in the meantime (since it still runs lol) do all the suspension and gear work so when you do the rebuild the car would automaticlly be built to handle all that new power maybe even throw in a ford 9 inch or gm 12 bolt.

BTW i been wondering about the rear ends, how easy or hard would it be to just go to a junk yard and get a rear end from a mustang (i think they are 8.8) and replace them in the camaros? I know I would have to use ford's gears but still an 8.8 isnt that bad and you could get them cheap I think

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    214K miles original?! HOLY $HIT!!!

I don't even know where to begin with that, I think I would have to buy every part that came stock on that car from GM parts direct to replace the originals. Then I'd have the frame inspected to see if it was falling apart or not! Damn thats alot of miles, he drove the F%&$ out of that car.

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm telling ya, you wouldn't think the car has smore than 50kmi if you didn't know, hardly a scratch, shiny paint, clean int,(only wear on drivers seat) rides tight, no leaks or smoke, and pulls!

It's a shame he did drive the shit out of it though

The title said he bought it 41 months ago with 85kmi, that's about 800mi a week

and I would say atleast 700 of that was him driving on I4 to Daytona.

Thread Information