Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

The JAAM Ram Air System???

Has anyone got this done to there car? and if so, is it worth considering?

WS6 Ram Air Kit - $194.99

Additional Photos

The JAAM Ram Air System is designed to force cold, high-pressure air into your engine to build more horsepower. By using all four snorkels of your WS6, the system brings in cold fresh air, which contains more oxygen (denser) than the warmer air the car normally breathes. In addition, this system will achieve a substantial pressurizing of the LS1 air box and at speeds of as low as 60 mph.

Your car will also benefit from improved throttle response, better highway passing power and increased top end pulling power. Many customers have also been experiencing 5-10% better fuel economy from the increased efficiency of their motors. Typical 1/4-mile improvements are 1 to 2 tenths and 1.5-2.5 MPH increase in trap speed. This is over the free air mod and factory installed ram air system!

The system has been tested on a 2000 WS6 and has shown to have 4 times the more pressure under full throttle than the stock WS6 ram air and 3.5 times more than the Free Ram Air mod. Testing has shown that the pressure drops less than .25" WC for the SDS ram air system vs. 1.0" WC for stock WS6 ram air under full throttle conditions.

The JAAM Ram Air System has been tested under extreme rain conditions and has shown that no moisture will make it past the air cleaner. Under these conditions, the air filter mgiht be slightly damp, but dries within minutes. Because of this, we recommend using a K&N or Holley Power Shot air filter. This product has undergone 3 years of field testing and still has the original seals. No failures have occurred.

This low cost modification can give you 15-20 HP increases at 100 MPH. Power will continue to increase as you go faster! The system is constructed of 5061 aluminum that is Laser cut and features a clear anodized finish.

Don't settle for poor imitations, which do not offer the same level of testing, engineering, quality or performance. The JAAM Ram Air system has been designed and tested by Mechanical Engineers using water column pressure gages. We even tested our system without snorkels or screens and with all openings sealed and saw no increase in pressure. This is one modification that you can really feel the difference with.

Includes all necessary hardware and detailed instructions to complete an easy, bolt-on installation.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

and do you have to replace the factory vents if you get this system?

NBM
    2000 WS6

I have it on mine....No pictures though

Price "was" 179 with free shipping awhile ago at Fasttoys.
    Comes with a 3 piece channel that bolts to hood and holds the seal in place . Fits good and looks good. Also comes with a block off plate that installs on the area in front of the radiator "in the area of the hood latch . This is the piece you're paying most for. Nice for engine dress up too.

Can't tell you if it helps any on power yet as I didn't get to a track yet to try it out. Is it worth the money? Guess we can go round and round all day about that. But it is made well for what you get. And its the only kit made now that has any quality.

And no you don't replace the factory vents but you do take out the baffles..
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Looks like a big waste of money in my opinion. Just look through the bottom nostrils with the hood closed and what do you see? They are almost completely blocked by the hood and any airflow that makes it around this would surely be minimal and hardly worth the money. I'll stick to my sealed factory ram air!

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1044...27213393YGJWGU
    1999 BLACK WS6 RAM AIR TRANS AM A4 (1 of 274 WS6 coupe Canada only models)

ASC conversion date: 6/10/99
    ASC build# : 4310 of 5007
    Hood Sequence #74992V

w/over (50) performance & appearance mods!!!

My Albums: http://community.webshots.com/user/kenawink

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99WS6RAMAIR View Post
    Looks like a big waste of money in my opinion. Just look through the bottom nostrils with the hood closed and what do you see? They are almost completely blocked by the hood and any airflow that makes it around this would surely be minimal and hardly worth the money. I'll stick to my sealed factory ram air!

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1044...27213393YGJWGU
    You're right. The idea is to block the lower nostrils and let all the cold air only in the upper ones. Thats part of the reason for the block off plate.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    You're right. The idea is to block the lower nostrils and let all the cold air only in the upper ones. Thats part of the reason for the block off plate.
    Okay then wouldn't a foam seal like shown in the link I provided be waaaaay cheaper, more efficient, and less visible? When you look through the nostrils with a light you can see it makes a 100% seal all the way around the airbox allowing strictly cold air induction.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

so probably not worth it then

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99WS6RAMAIR View Post
    Okay then wouldn't a foam seal like shown in the link I provided be waaaaay cheaper, more efficient, and less visible? When you look through the nostrils with a light you can see it makes a 100% seal all the way around the airbox allowing strictly cold air induction.

cheaper?----Sure, no argument...
    More efficient ?? Can't say.
    Less visible ???. This one looks good.Their quality is very nice. Don't quite know what you mean by visible though.??

Again I knew this would get thrown around alot. Wasn't my intent to come in here and make a argument over this. The guy asked a ? and I replied... Not saying what I bought is worth the money but what is today???

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

not as sexy but functional so who cares when the hood is down 99% of the time? Did this for $3.00

NBM
    2000 WS6

third shift studios.....Don't you sell dress up accessory's ??? And you don't care what under the hood looks like ????

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    third shift studios.....Don't you sell dress up accessory's ??? And you don't care what under the hood looks like ????
    touché! but as a designer-i know that form follows function =)

black trans am

ill bet 100 bucks it makes puting new fog lights in even more of a payne in the ass

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

I think ram-air as a whole on these cars is a joke. At 100mph it's 1psi. 1psi= 10hp= 4-6rwhp. You're better off getting a CAI and getting a better quality of air into the engine. For those of you who have a WS6 + a under the bumper CAI..the CAI is useless unless you block off the ram air..it's simple physics.

Now here come the naysayers; i won't be listening

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I have considered the bottom plate for astetics I did remove those baffles and went with the Volant intake. I think it would be smooth looking with a bottom plate in black just haven't taken the time to make on i'm not paying $100 for one.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    I think ram-air as a whole on these cars is a joke. At 100mph it's 1psi. 1psi= 10hp= 4-6rwhp. You're better off getting a CAI and getting a better quality of air into the engine. For those of you who have a WS6 + a under the bumper CAI..the CAI is useless unless you block off the ram air..it's simple physics.

Now here come the naysayers; i won't be listening

hey 1st post here!! So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the WS6 ram air a CAI. Especially if the air box is sealed to the nostrils in one of the above described methods?
    Also where'd you come up with 1psi at 100mph. Just curious, I'd be surprised if the intake pressure got much above 0 psi. Maybe .5 psi, but that still better then the a slight vacuum.
    No offense intended here, just trying to contribute my $0.02

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I believe that it's as on their website

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

well no they are measuring pressure drop between to points somewhere in the intake stream. Its very vague. Their pressure drop was .25" WC(water column) vs. 1.00" WC. 27.7 inches of water column equals 1 psi. So do the math, the actual pressure difference between stock WS6 hood vs. their mod is indeed 4 times better but only a difference of .027 psi.
    What the actual psi (or vacuum) in the intake at any given mph is unknown to me.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Just thought I'd throw an update on here. I have the JAAM ram air setup on my car and the hood baffles removed. I've driven in 2 rainy trips on the interstate since the install. Todays rain was so bad I had to slow down to 50 -55 mph. I was also getting worried about sucking in water from the semi's and a camper trailer that were spraying a ton of water at me. So after a 20 minute trip on the interstate in this rain I got home and immediatly popped out my K&N air filter. The bottom of the filter was wet but the engine side was dry and the lid, smooth bellows and MAF were bone dry also.
    The JAAM Ram Air plate was soaked but apparently the water never made it into the engine. So, while I'm still worried about it, it seems like its not gonna suck water in.
    That being said I still wanna make a block off plate or something for the hood. Anyone got any good ideas there??

NBM
    98 trans am

why dont you guys just get a non ws6?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Because a formula without a ram air hood looks silly. A trans am without a ram air hood still looks good, but looks better with a ram air hood IMHO.

Thread Information