Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

It's been 4 months and I now have some issues.

This is my Trans Am, quick pic I took the other day. Looks way different in sun light than flouroscent lighting.

I don't know if you guys remember me saying that it had the Eibach Sportline lowering springs on it when I first bought it, but it did. The guy I bought it from told me that I would need to put the Pro kit on it if I wanted long tube headers. So I traded him, he and my boyfriend swapped them out in a matter of minutes it seemed like. He lives in Texas, I live in Oklahoma.

Well I must say I want the Sportlines back!!!!!! I am pissed off. This thing rides like ass now. My doors panel cracked in a matter of a few weeks and Oklahoma roads suck. The TA scrapes more now than before. Strange but true. Anyone wanna trade? lol

Now, my new purchase:

OLD:

NEW:

The new SLP lid took me five minutes, NO issues with the clips. Went smoothly. It seemed to make a noticeable difference after pulling out of driveway. I like it other than the SLP in bold. Might take the Ram Air sticker off the old box or buy something new. My Dad use to tease me when I had stickers on my 65 with all the brand stuff I bought, he would ask me "if that company paid me for the free ad on my car". Never did that again.

So after four months I have destroyed the stock clutch (track night at Thundervalley) and am working on getting that and headers and the windows tinted, the cats rattle and the rear main seal is leaking, so I'll fix all that in one whack. I also put the wrong engine bay cleaner on it and wiped out a fuse box sticker, have to locate one of those sooner or later.

I really can't focus much on this Trans Am at the moment because my 65 is begging me for money and time. I do love my Trans Am. It makes me so happy looking at it in the driveway.

That is all.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I wish you would of read up on here or asked before you went and traded him those springs especially if you like them better... I have Long tubes and sportlines, so obviously that guy doesnt know what hes talking about. If you buy a clutch, buy one that will leave you room in the future for more hp. A lot of people like the ls7 clutches on here but i personally like the stiffer clutch pedal feel so i went with a Monster clutch and love it. Nice lid choice, cheap, looks good, and easy to install.
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 01-25-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    SLP Lid, TSP 233/239 112lsa with supporting mods, Pacesetter Headers and ORY, Magnaflow muffler, MSD Spark plug wires, Sportlines, HAL QA1 Adjustable Rear Shocks, BMR Adjustable torque arm, BMR Lower control arms, Monster Level 4 Clutch, 6K HIDs Lows and Fogs. Does 384rwhp 358ft/lbs tq on stock ls1 intake and stock heads, tuned by Jeremy Formato.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Yeah I know..I was told, i'm a woman. I didn't listen. Just going to have to get sportlines back on there.

But now that you told me the Monster clutch is stiffer, I think I will listen and get that. I hate the feel of weak clutches.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jodibonds View Post
    Yeah I know..I was told, i'm a woman. I didn't listen. Just going to have to get sportlines back on there.

But now that you told me the Monster clutch is stiffer, I think I will listen and get that. I hate the feel of weak clutches.
    The prokit really rides worse than the sportlines? I was thinking about buying those but im not too sure... And yeah, I HATE the feel of the stock or stockish clutch pedals, i cant stand it lol.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I had the pro kit and I had to deal with roads in Toledo Ohio...take your worst roads and times it by 10. I scraped with stock exhaust and my rear wheels rubbed when I had passengers in the back. I heard good things about Strano

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    The prokit really rides worse than the sportlines? I was thinking about buying those but im not too sure... And yeah, I HATE the feel of the stock or stockish clutch pedals, i cant stand it lol.
    To me, my opinion, my car, my area roads, the sportlines were better. IDK. Weird i know. Thats why I initially didn't listen about long tubes and sportlines, I thought to my self, well the pro kit will raise it up some and it shouldn't scrape or ride as rough, BUT NO, that wasnt the case at all. I feel everything in the road now. The worst part is I live 11 miles from the nearest highway and the county road I drive on is horrible and I failed to mention that 95% of the damn bridges in oklahoma have HUGE gaps between the bridge structure and road itself, no matter how new the bridge or highway. Since I pro kit was put on I find myself swerving all over the place to miss potholes, gaps, waves and other god forsaken road issues.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

To me, my opinion, my car, my area roads, the sportlines were better. IDK. Weird i know. Thats why I initially didn't listen about long tubes and sportlines, I thought to my self, well the pro kit will raise it up some and it shouldn't scrape or ride as rough, BUT NO, that wasnt the case at all. I feel everything in the road now. The worst part is I live 11 miles from the nearest highway and the county road I drive on is horrible and I failed to mention that 95% of the damn bridges in oklahoma have HUGE gaps between the bridge structure and road itself, no matter how new the bridge or highway. Since I pro kit was put on I find myself swerving all over the place to miss potholes, gaps, waves and other god forsaken road issues.
    ill trade ya my stock springs lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Op, check to see if you still have the Jounce Bump stops. Not saying it will help with the spring issue but it will help from bottoming out the axle into the wheel well. You might also need to check on your rear shocks and front struts. I just put my Hotchkin springs on and in the process I found my front struts where shot. After new struts it handles so much better. It hasn't change me bottoming out my exhaust but then again I have LTs and an ORY.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    So would I and I have mine off and ready to ship......

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post

Um, NO.

BUT....

I'll sell these to ya dirt cheap if I buy the Sportlines back.
    Last edited by jrbonds; 01-25-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: I screwed up

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Op, check to see if you still have the Jounce Bump stops. Not saying it will help with the spring issue but it will help from bottoming out the axle into the wheel well. You might also need to check on your rear shocks and front struts. I just put my Hotchkin springs on and in the process I found my front struts where shot. After new struts it handles so much better. It hasn't change me bottoming out my exhaust but then again I have LTs and an ORY.
    I understand. All of that is brand new. Luckily it doesnt bottom out, thats one thing that has not happened, but my 97 stang did that tho, hated it.

But the struts and rear shocks, all that jazz is brand new, I just think its the springs and the roads.

Navy Blue Metallic

Op, don't get discourage with the door panel cracks. It is so very common. The staples that were used on the inside are the cause of this. There are a couple of fixes for it on here.

SLP Air lid - you may want to get 1/2 weatherstripping to help seal the edges of that lid. SLP cheap asses give you too little of the stuff to be effective.

Clutches - I got the LS7 Clutch kit form KySpeed. Its pretty damn good over stock. Rated to 500hp. When you get a new clutch change out the slave. For that get an OEM slave.

Keep the T/A, no one said you have to mod it out. You'll miss it later.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Op, don't get discourage with the door panel cracks. It is so very common. The staples that were used on the inside are the cause of this. There are a couple of fixes for it on here.

SLP Air lid - you may want to get 1/2 weatherstripping to help seal the edges of that lid. SLP cheap asses give you too little of the stuff to be effective.

Clutches - I got the LS7 Clutch kit form KySpeed. Its pretty damn good over stock. Rated to 500hp. When you get a new clutch change out the slave. For that get an OEM slave.

Keep the T/A, no one said you have to mod it out. You'll miss it later.
    I am a lil discouraged. This TA was perfect. I'll do the door panel fix soon.

The SLP sealed perfect. I might have just gotten lucky with a good one.

And I do have to mod the TA just a tad. I'm addicted to noise, rumbles, being heard before seen (everything V8 car Ive ever had has made my grandmother mad because that noisy crap is "unnecessary"). So if anything just the exhaust will be changed and a few minor "go fast" parts.

Truthfully.....my 65 is my track car. Although there are some days on my commute when I have to show the boys what is up. lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

This is my Trans Am, quick pic I took the other day. Looks way different in sun light than flouroscent lighting.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    if this is what the car looks like now, then those are definitely the sportlines on your car. I have the pro kit and my car doesnt sit anywhere near that low. the prokit sits higher than the sportlines

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    if this is what the car looks like now, then those are definitely the sportlines on your car. I have the pro kit and my car doesnt sit anywhere near that low. the prokit sits higher than the sportlines
    Yep, those pics were taken right before I took the sportlines off.

I have a third and fourth pic that I couldn't get off my phone earlier when I was trying to create this thread. I accidently locked the pics, got them unlocked now tho, and you can tell theres a difference.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Yep, those pics were taken right before I took the sportlines off.

I have a third and fourth pic that I couldn't get off my phone earlier when I was trying to create this thread. I accidently locked the pics, got them unlocked now tho, and you can tell theres a difference.
    so the car now sits higher then what's pictured?

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Yes, but not by much. Let me try and post another pic here in a minute, my boss has been hovering over my desk.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

I was told, i'm a woman. I didn't listen.
    your boyfriend is very lucky.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

5 minutes ago; the pics are horrible, but you should be able to tell the difference.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Yep. But not by much, only like half an inch.

Thread Information