Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    soon to be T.A. owner

insurance question on an ls1 TA

i was wondering if anybody knows how much insurance would be for me when and if i get a TA.. im 15 and im fixing to get my liscense here pretty soon..

the reason im asking is bc i was wanting a 600cc sportbike but insurance on that would be $300+.. i changed my mind to get a 4th gen TA possibly with ws6.. now i beleive we are on state farm with me on a 250 ninja right now paying at around $100 for insurance.. possible numbers for me in a TA would be eccellent.. thanks

aPerfectTransAM
    its gonna be high..... its hard to say exact numbers.

Black
    2000 WS.6

Get yourself a good beater car, learn to drive first and get a few years under your belt before you get a WS.6.

Kids don't need WS.6's...

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bombhunter
    Get yourself a good beater car, learn to drive first and get a few years under your belt before you get a WS.6.

Kids don't need WS.6's...
    ive driven my brothers TA and i think its the most comfortable car ive ever driven.. ive driven alot of cars but the TA really did it for me..

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The WS6 is alot higher for insurance than a base TA. Just put the ram air hood on later. It will pay for itself in insuance savings! Just don't get busted doing stupid crap. I just hope you have a good job to pay for it all.

soon to be T.A. owner

o thats wat i was wanting to do was buy the regular TA w/o the ws6 on it then add on later.. TAs with the ws6 on it already are more expensive to buy too.. and my step mom and my dad are paying for it. hopefully..

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Male, 22 years old, no tickets or accidents, college and safe driver discounts. Allstate 9986.00 yes the decimal is in the right spot. this is full coverage. Ended up putting it in my mothers name and it is something like 600 a year with me as a driver.

Pewter
    2000 WS6/1999 Silverado Z

im 24, squeaky clean record, have a 2000 ws6 and a 1999 silverado z71 and i pay about $2,500 a year FULL coverage.Thats for both cars, 12 months each.

soon to be T.A. owner

so aslong as i get one that dosent have the ws6 im not lookin at too much?? btw they are on multiple policies and i was wanting the automatic tranny.. do colors change the insurance either?

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

25 male, married, USAA. 320 for 6 months full coverage on a 99 Z28.

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZ28
    25 male, married, USAA. 320 for 6 months full coverage on a 99 Z28.
    thats only bc ur 25 or over.. it really dont matter to me as long as its cheaper than a crotch rocket with was 300 a MONTH..

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Did the same thing as Tbone, im 19 w/ an 01 Trans Am WS6, put it under my dads name and im the secondary driver and listed as primary on our 96 jeep cherokee. He told me i didnt wanna know how much it was if I was listed as primary so I left it at that.

black
    1999 Trans Am

Unless your parents are going to buy your T/A, just get a peice a junk and save for one. I pay $340 a month w car payments on top of that and with my last wreck im sure my insurance is going to go up some more. (full coverage)

soon to be T.A. owner

good idea kitchen dude. lol ill talk to my dad about these ideas.. thanks a bunch ladies..

Midnight Blue
    99' Trans Am

I'm 19 with a clean record and I pay $225 a month with State Farm.

soon to be T.A. owner

225 a month is a helluva lot better than 350 a month for a streetbike

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1471
    Male, 22 years old, no tickets or accidents, college and safe driver discounts. Allstate 9986.00 yes the decimal is in the right spot. this is full coverage. Ended up putting it in my mothers name and it is something like 600 a year with me as a driver.
    Yes when you check the homeowners box it lowers insurance completely... parents name.

Black
    2000 WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by boobs
    so aslong as i get one that dosent have the ws6 im not lookin at too much?? btw they are on multiple policies and i was wanting the automatic tranny.. do colors change the insurance either?
    If you are getting an automatic, why even bother with a WS.6...come on kid...think about it...

soon to be T.A. owner

how about u think about it.. there is not one person in this world that can shift a 6 speed faster tahn and automatic tranny..

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by boobs
    i was wondering if anybody knows how much insurance would be for me when and if i get a TA.. im 15 and im fixing to get my liscense here pretty soon..

the reason im asking is bc i was wanting a 600cc sportbike but insurance on that would be $300+.. i changed my mind to get a 4th gen TA possibly with ws6.. now i beleive we are on state farm with me on a 250 ninja right now paying at around $100 for insurance.. possible numbers for me in a TA would be eccellent.. thanks
    No one can answer this question. Take 10 people with same record, age etc and come up with way different answers.

Basically at your age, you would be on your parents policy. Rates are based on age, driving record/experience, where you live (crime rates, particulary stolen vehicle stats) your parents driving history as well as their credit history. There's more actually, but this is enough to give you the picture.

Chances are, when they get wind of what it's gonna cost, they'll shoot you down unless they're loaded. If you were able to manage to get your own policy, I'd bet your insurance rate would be more than your car payment.

Young unmarried males are in the highest paying category for insurance premiums based on stats that say this group is the most expensive to insure (in damage payouts as well as crash reports.) Your best bet is to call state farm and ask. If and when you get your own policy, plan to sit down for an afternoon with your friendly yellow pages.

Make sure you know what your coverages need to be as well as your deductibles, that way you're comparing apples to apples. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium. But remember, the deductible is what you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance pays up.

Coverages will be different as you age and aquire property, real estate etc. As a young person who owns nothing, minimum state requirements will suffice. Homeowners, on the other hand, need to structure their limits to protect their assets in the event of a judgement against them. If any of this confuses you or creates more questions than answers, do some research on the topic. It will save you thousands over your lifetime.

Lori
    Last edited by BIGRED Z; 03-22-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information