Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance????

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

insurance????

ok, so one of the big factors about a car for someone my age is insurance, yall all know that. soo, im planning on getting my ws6 after i turn 17 sometime. if anybody here is around that age or would sorta have an idea i woulda greatly appreciate it. i have no tickets and dont plan to get in any wrecks or any tickets(gotta be good so the ls1 santa will leave me my t/a) a friend of mine had a 00 z and i think it was around 1200 every 6 months? also, does the color really make that big of a difference? i hear black and red makes it go up. thanks alot

Awaiting Activation
    WHAT 1200 for 6 months. THATS CHEAP. My dad pays 4400 a year for my 98 it also depends where u live. Insurance in Jersey is crazy becasue its the most populated state in the US.

2000pontiac6
    1200 every 6 months is cheap! Its something like 2100 a year for my 2000 V6 firebird. When i was looking for a car I asked the insurance company about a V8 and they quoted me 3300 a year

Awaiting Activation
    yeah and if u get tickets or moving violations ur fucked. Its gonna shoot through the roof. My friends dad pays close to 7K a year for his 2002 WS6. He crashed it 3 times and got at least a dozen speeding tickets

Awaiting Activation
    his son that is.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

$1200 is dirt cheap for your friend. Your WS6 would probably be higher. Shop around for the best rate.

Color doesn't matter. Besides the type of car, the biggest factors in rates is where you live, your age, male or female and driving record. And believe it or not your credit rating affects your rate too. If you don't have any credit yet, get a credit card and carry a small balance to establish some good credit.

Generally speaking an SS is more than a Z28 which is more than a V6 Camaro. A WS6 is more than a Trans Am which is more than a V6 Firebird. And convertibles in all trim levels are more than coupes of course.

For referance, I'm over 30, State Farm, 250/comp, 250/collision, 100/300/100 liability and pay $75/month for my WS6 Convertible with an "unlawful speeding" ticket from another state. Without the ticket it would be $52/month. But where I live insurance is dirt cheap.

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

yeah, im under my moms insurance at the moment, its like ampac or something, but they gave me a big ol list of cars that i cant own unless ive had 8 years of driving experience, trans am was on there, and a bunch of like stupid shit, idk its only a good insurance company if you have a shit car like my moms (98 taurus ) buut there are loopholes, so i'll just be the "secondary driver", either that or i'll say fuck that insurance and try to get on my dads...wonder if that will work since he lives in a different state...probably

yeah im pretty sure my friend w/ the z was the "secondary driver"

I'm 20, clean record. for six months I pay $1950 full coverage, $1k deducable. I believe it will be about $1600 if I pay it off all at once.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

$23 a month.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I live in Jersey and pay $2200 a year for my LS1 Camaro. It used to be close to about $3000 a year but I never got popped for speeding or any accident claims so they discounted the hell out of me... Just remember that when you pull up to a Stang in your WS6...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
    $23 a month.
    damn who are you blowin

My insurance went up 80 bucks a month when I moved 2 miles away to a higher populated county Get good insurance because you're 16 and odds are you're going to wreck the TA...mainly because you have shit for driving experiance....and having 300+ at the wheels on a rwd car doesn't help. If you get even 1 moving violation on your record your insurance rates are gonna sky rocket...and if you aren't going to be paying your own insurance you don't deserve the car IMO. If i was you i'd get a regular TA or z28 and mod it...no need to pay a lot higher rates for an appearance package.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    damn who are you blowin
    No one.
    Storage insurance....comprehensive only.
    Not for much longer though.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Im in Cali and its just under 2k a year for me on my TA. Best suggestion is get a beater as you daily and have the LS1 as your weekend driver

-00BlueTA

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

For some reason it posted 2 times sorry. . .

-00BlueTA

1966 Corvette Coupe

o this same subject i have some insurance questions... how do you get insurance as cheap as possible... my budy pays like $1800 a year on a 99 vert cobra (full coverage) and a 92 daily driver ford truck... which isnt bad at all...

i have an 02 monte daily that im paying off so i have to have so much insrance on it (i dont know how much could someone tell me?) and am looking at a ws6... how do i keep my rates down? i know to make your deductable higher will lower rates, i guess my main question is what do you have to carry on a car you are financing and how much does making a car a pleasure vehicle help insurance rates?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

when dealing with insurance you need to tell them this: if you have 3 or more car registered in the same house. one if you are young make sure you are put on as a part time driver on all three, two then if you have an ss z or ws6 make sure that that is told to them to be a "show" or "weeekend warrior". so to them you have 3 cars, which one is rarley driven and a younger kid who drive one of the other two cars. it sound weird but does work. let us know how it all turns out. thanks jeremy

Black
    99 SS

im 19 years old, 18 when i bought the car, no tickets, good grade insurance, live in KY and for me its 1,000 deductable and its $1,200 a YEAR!. i got a 98 z28, i was quoted at $3,000 a year for a 2000 T/A. i have no idea what that was about.

1966 Corvette Coupe

well we all no that insurance is the biggest scam ever... are you male or female.... hmmm does that sound like asking are you black or white to anyone else?

some cars your are quoted more than your car payment.... so you just bought that car for them so what do they care if you wreck it... and color does matter to some companies... red i know is more expensive with some companies...

and in AR ticket for no insurance is like $300... insurance cost like $2000 hmmmmmm..... and then you have insurance that pays for uninsured drivers... that cost you... hmmmmmmmmm.... shouldnt they have thier checks garneshed till they pay for every dime they owe whoever pays for your car to be fixed... and usually the ticket is all they get... no jail time... no trip back to mexico... nothing... OH SHIT that ticket will make their insurance go up.... wait thats right the dont have any which makes my insurance go up.... fucking forgot about that...

WS6RedDragon
    I'm 19, under my dads plan and its about 1200 every 6 months with my student discount. God knows how much they would raise it if they new all my mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    damn who are you blowin

My insurance went up 80 bucks a month when I moved 2 miles away to a higher populated county Get good insurance because you're 16 and odds are you're going to wreck the TA...mainly because you have shit for driving experiance....and having 300+ at the wheels on a rwd car doesn't help. If you get even 1 moving violation on your record your insurance rates are gonna sky rocket...and if you aren't going to be paying your own insurance you don't deserve the car IMO. If i was you i'd get a regular TA or z28 and mod it...no need to pay a lot higher rates for an appearance package.
    My insurance doesn't matter if it's a T/A or a WS6, it's the same price.

Thread Information