black
    1995 transam

information site found

Just stumbled onto a site that has much good info on ls1, lt1 and general stuff.
    For those who are fussing about it not being a sponsor link I have made the link directly to the technical aids and have bypassed the selling part of the site. That should make everyone happy.
    www.performanceworks1.com/technical_aides.htm
    Of particular interest to me are the 4th gen camaro & firebird parts books available for free download.
    Last edited by cocobolo95; 07-14-2010 at 10:12 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by cocobolo95 View Post
    Just stumbled onto a site that has much good info on ls1, lt1 and general stuff. www.performanceworks1.com It also has links to other good general automotive info sites. Go down page and click on technical aids.
    You do realize that this site offers all those things too right? I also noticed that it's a sales site not so much an info site... I would tread lightly on posting non-sponcer sites here..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-14-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

black
    1995 transam

If you go down the page near the bottom you will see the links posted there. The one technical aids is where the good info is. I don't give a hoot and a holler about the guys metal polishing. And that brings me to the point of saying that every other forum I've seen will let members post links to where ever they like. Your policy boarders on encroachment of free speech, and makes me wonder if you are putting the needs of the members first, or revenues collected from sponsors first. And lets be honest, anyone who ponies up the dough will be on a sites sponsor list, quality and good service have nothing to do with it. To give an example Cannon is the official camera of Nasscar. Not because they make any better of a camera, but because they were willing to spend more money then the other camera companies.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If you go down the page near the bottom you will see the links posted there. The one technical aids is where the good info is. I don't give a hoot and a holler about the guys metal polishing. And that brings me to the point of saying that every other forum I've seen will let members post links to where ever they like. Your policy boarders on encroachment of free speech, and makes me wonder if you are putting the needs of the members first, or revenues collected from sponsors first. And lets be honest, anyone who ponies up the dough will be on a sites sponsor list, quality and good service have nothing to do with it. To give an example Cannon is the official camera of Nasscar. Not because they make any better of a camera, but because they were willing to spend more money then the other camera companies.
    Hmm well they are'nt MY policies. If you're that concerned with how this site is run maybe you should have read site rules before joining..

I mean the name of this site is, LS1.com, Performance and Technical Information..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-14-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Yep ^^^

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I have been on other forum type sites that have the same policy. Freedom of speech is a generic right in our country. You can stand out on the streets and yell off non-sponsor URLs all day long...

But there is plenty of precedent for allowing/entering a contractual agreement that binds/limits what you can do or say. And since this site has its rules clearly posted, and by joining this site you are agreeing to abide by their given rules, then they can and will enforce them. Nothing abnormal about that in our society or business world...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I have been on other forum type sites that have the same policy. Freedom of speech is a generic right in our country. You can stand out on the streets and yell off non-sponsor URLs all day long...

But there is plenty of precedent for allowing/entering a contractual agreement that binds/limits what you can do or say. And since this site has its rules clearly posted, and by joining this site you are agreeing to abide by their given rules, then they can and will enforce them. Nothing abnormal about that in our society or business world...
    This site has many, many folks whom have posted their satisfaction with site sponsors. I'd say that goes to quality and service to be more specific. imho

Just to name one I use on the outside, GM Parts Direct is the ONLY company that carries original parts for my TDC project.. Without them I would'nt have a build....
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-14-2010 at 09:11 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there is no free speech here......this is a privately owned/operated message board. If a company pays a premium for exposure then how is it fair for non-paying companies to get the exact same exposure? What's the purpose of paying if you can get it for free?
    What we try to do here is give some exclusivity to the paying sponsors. If a link competes against those guys we remove the link but as long as there's not a direct link to the site we try to leave good info up. Since we don't have any metal polishing sponsors I'll leave your link up but it's not because I respect your free speech rights....it's because it doesn't conflict with a sponsor and some members might gain some knowledge there.

Thread Information