Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

im so F***ing paranoid!

everytime i go somewhere and park my car in the parking lot i feel like someone is gonna ding the hell outta my car...is this normal for someone who just had the car for 2 months? i try to take up 2 parking spaces if possible...or just park away from all the other cars.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

This is normal. I've had the same feelings and do similar things ever since I got my first car and someone dinged it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I hear ya, I have the same problem.

I'm really anal about how and where I park it, and I hate taking it certain places.

I never take up two spots though, I feel like someone would mess with it just for that reason, like "hey, look at that dick taking up two spots".

What I try to do is take an end spot, and park as far towards the end as I can, giving the widest possible space between my car and the spot next to me.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

yeah i also look to see the conditions of the cars next to me...if its F***ed up and beat up then most likely that person wouldn't give a sh*t about their car, and definitely not my car!

NBM
    99 TA

everyone is an asshole in my mind when it comes to parking so i park accordingly, if you can't park far away from anyone, try and park in a big spot next to something nice. Also keep in mind the doors on the cars you park beside. If its something low with big doors there is a better chance they will ding you, but if its a truck or a van (something you step up into) then the doors dont need to be opened as far and better chance of not getting dinged.

But at the end of the day, its just a car and shit happens. I have one or 2 nasty door dings and i am very careful about where i park. Sometimes they are unavoidable. Just hope whoever dings your door is still parked there when you get back... paybacks a bitch

Pewter metallic
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

yeah i guess after it happens i wouldnt care as much, but then again it is just normal "wear and tear" for a car.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

I always try to park at the end of a row so that at least one side doesn't have a car next to it, and then park off-center so I leave a big gap between me and the adjacent car. Never had a problem. Been doing this so long at work everyone leaves "my spot" alone and lets me park in the same spot all the time.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    99 SS

taking up 2 spots just draws attention to you, I would not do that what so ever

Black
    1998 WS6 Convert

I am the same way with my car and I have only had it a short time.
    But I have a nice truck also that I have had for 7 years and have no door dings( knock on wood).As some of you said I try to park far away or as close as I can get to a curb at the end of a row.
    But it is amazing that people will still park close to your car even when your a mile away from others ( go figure).

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I park in places farther away (but still visable), or next to other f-bodies or nice cars. I had one of my other cars vandalized several times (hammered, broken windows, etc) so I eventually just sold it - never buy an Integra trust me. I worried about my car being stolen all the time to the point I had to look at it every 30 minutes out my window for fear of people tearing it up again or stealing it (or trying to again). In fact one time when they vandalized the hell out of it (the worse time) I had the WS6 parked RIGHT next to it - they left it alone amazingly. This was in Florida, not Kentucky, btw.

Anyway.. yeah, I worry and am careful where I leave my cars.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by freshadenamufcka View Post
    everytime i go somewhere and park my car in the parking lot i feel like someone is gonna ding the hell outta my car...is this normal for someone who just had the car for 2 months? i try to take up 2 parking spaces if possible...or just park away from all the other cars.
    Don't double park it. Some hater is gonna ding your shit on purpose just to be an asshole. The best thing you can do is park the car out by itself, somewhere where you know pretty much no one else will park there. But again, don't double park. I had a friend that because of it found out the hard way how jealous people can be.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

damn fluke...!

TO freshadenamufcka: when i had my first ws.6 i was so paranoid about everything too. Parking especially. I originally parked in 2 spaces, but i knew that would just call more attention to it. So now i park as far as possible, or like others have said-near nicer, respectable cars.

I remember driving it back in the early days and actually feeling sorry for people walking that they didnt have a sweet ws.6 like mine.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I remember driving it back in the early days and actually feeling sorry for people walking that they didnt have a sweet ws.6 like mine.
    i was the same way....

Black
    99 SS

double parking is gay anyways

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    double parking is gay anyways
    i hate when ppl do that, it is totally a heat score for some asshole to mess with it.

Black
    99 SS

it is cause people think that the person who double parked thinks there better then everyone else

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I've had my car for almost 3 years now and I'm still worried about that stuff, I still park far away from every other car. My girl hates me for it to long of a walk I guess.....oh well.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Don't be that guy...

Whatever you do, don't be the guy who parks diagonaly across two spots. There was a douche in a Boxter who did that and I parked as physicaly close to him as possible in my Jeep. I had to crawl out of the passenger side just to get out.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Whatever you do, don't be the guy who parks diagonaly across two spots. There was a douche in a Boxter who did that and I parked as physicaly close to him as possible in my Jeep. I had to crawl out of the passenger side just to get out.
    and who is the real douche?

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    and who is the real douche?
    <ding ding ding, raises hand> lol

Thread Information