Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Im sick of these window motors designs

My damn passenger door window motor has been fine for as long as ive had it. But the where the motor is mounted onto the door and ripped a good 4 inches down into the door, so when i roll it up, it doesnt go up all the way. I tried fixing this by fiberglassing it and drilling new holes to mount the regulator and motor on. Well that didnt last very long. So i dont know how the fuck im going to fix this, maybe with more fiberglass? But i think im going to install a roll up window on both sides and say the hell with the whole electrical windows. Has anybody had this issue?

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    My damn passenger door window motor has been fine for as long as ive had it. But the where the motor is mounted onto the door and ripped a good 4 inches down into the door, so when i roll it up, it doesnt go up all the way. I tried fixing this by fiberglassing it and drilling new holes to mount the regulator and motor on. Well that didnt last very long. So i dont know how the fuck im going to fix this, maybe with more fiberglass? But i think im going to install a roll up window on both sides and say the hell with the whole electrical windows. Has anybody had this issue?
    yes, ive had this issue on my drivers side door...the remedy was using big ass washers!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

thats what id probably do but at this point, i dont think washers would even help a little...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I would use a steel even aluminium plate. Bolt the plate around the the hole, lining the hole for the motor mount towards the center of it and use 4-8 bolts to attach the plate to the door. Using some good size washers!
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I would use a steel even aluminium plate. Bolt the plate around the the hole, lining the hole for the motor mount towards the center of it and use 4-8 bolts to attach the plate to the door. Using some good size washers!
    This..

Or weld a new piece of metal in, OR, weld the big washers in place where the mounting holes were.
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-17-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i was going to weld a plate in and then weld the motor to the plate but theres no where to weld at in there except the bar that goes across the door. I mate a metal mounting plate that im going to bolt on but my damn window motor isnt working! I plugged in my old window motor from the driver side and it only works one way! Whats the deal with this?

Blackened fire chicken

dude im telling you, the big ass washers worked for me. had the same exact problem you have, and its been working out for me ever since...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

well i already created a bracket and have it mounted up but the motor wont roll up it only rolls it down, so i thought maybe the motor went back and i went and bought a new one and this one does the same exact thing. WTF. Why isnt this thing rolling up?

Blackened fire chicken

did you get a new regulator? if not, sounds like the problem...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

No i didnt but i tested 3 different window motors on the outside of the door with them not hooked up to anything and they dont work at all...

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    No i didnt but i tested 3 different window motors on the outside of the door with them not hooked up to anything and they dont work at all...
    youre having all kinds of bad luck! well, i say bite the bullet and buy a new motor WITH a regulator, so it comes with a warranty, just in case that one takes a crap on you too...other then that, im all out of ideas, haha...good luck man!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Thanks i dont know whats wrong im about to just buy a whole new door assembly

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Jumping in on your thread too -- here's a pic of the wiring schematic for the P/W system. You can trace the power and ground feeds to the switches and then see the switch action. The switches simply alternate power and ground to the two wires running to the passenger side window motor.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

thanks jeff !

green
    95 camaro z28

iv had to deal with this before the best thing that worked for me was refiberglassing it then using a big washer also the biggest cause of that i think is when you roll the windows all the way down it puts a lot of pressure pushing out on the doors the best thing is to leave the windows up a quarter to half inch from the bottom

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

I had the same problem albeit not as bad. I used some epoxy and fender washers and have been good since.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firechicken22 View Post
    iv had to deal with this before the best thing that worked for me was refiberglassing it then using a big washer also the biggest cause of that i think is when you roll the windows all the way down it puts a lot of pressure pushing out on the doors the best thing is to leave the windows up a quarter to half inch from the bottom
    i did this before and it didnt last very long before it started falling again.. And yeah i noticed it too when you roll it to the bottom it kind of bulges out... I just replaced the fiberglass with sheet metal this time.

Thread Information