Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I wish I was older in 1982

I was born the year this commercial was made. I miss "cool" car commercials.

Also - When this commercial came out, my dad stood up off the couch and said, "I'm getting one!" He retired his 1985 Trans Am and picked up a Red WS6. What happened to cool car commercials like this?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I like the new Dodge Brothers commercial

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post

Oh ya! How could I forget that one. Definitely creative and beats the norm. I'd love to get my hands on a Hellcat Charger.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Unfortunately, with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 distinctive models, most of the cars on the road today all look alike to me. Nothing exciting about that no matter how they try to sell it on TV.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Unfortunately, with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 distinctive models, most of the cars on the road today all look alike to me. Nothing exciting about that no matter how they try to sell it on TV.
    I think that is why I like the latest Dodge Brothers commercials so much. They show a little history

Pontiac always had cool commercials going back to the mid 60's. The old widetrack commercials, then in 64 when the GTO came out they had commercials with tigers jumping out of the hood, the TA commercials were cool in 69 and then again when they redesigned in 1970. Most probably won't remember the new endura bumper for 68 GTO's and the guy on TV beating it with a crow bar.

I also remember when the 98 TA commercials came out posted above, and the criticism that Pontiac got from claims of promoting street racing. Now look at TV, you can turn on something any given night of the week and find something that promotes street racing

Lets go back to before you guys were born....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vZNNu1YuQ6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Dz6Z7OSJP7w

This one is interesting watching it now, notice he pulls the knob under the dash, this car had the optional VOE mufflers that acted like exhaust dumps. Sadly the option was short lived and very few produced. Those Boss mustangs and vettes with optional dumps have nothing new

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Pontiac always had cool commercials going back to the mid 60's. The old widetrack commercials, then in 64 when the GTO came out they had commercials with tigers jumping out of the hood, the TA commercials were cool in 69 and then again when they redesigned in 1970. Most probably won't remember the new endura bumper for 68 GTO's and the guy on TV beating it with a crow bar.

This one is interesting watching it now, notice he pulls the knob under the dash, this car had the optional VOE mufflers that acted like exhaust dumps. Sadly the option was short lived and very few produced. Those Boss mustangs and vettes with optional dumps have nothing new

I've never seen that one before. Now we have electronic cut-outs Well, some states anyway. Must have been cool to be alive when hanging out at the burger shack with your ride was THE thing to do. You seen the new 21 Jump Street when they go back to high school? They roll up in a beautiful Camaro, and are hated on because of its emissions footprint. heh.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It was all about cruising the Blvd Ending up at Bob's Big Boy... My Mom and Dad meet on cruise night on Van Nuys Blvd

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

It was all about cruising the Blvd Ending up at Bob's Big Boy... My Mom and Dad meet on cruise night on Van Nuys Blvd
    We had a Bob's Big Boy on our cruise strip, too! Cue 1999. You'd get a fine if caught cruising the strip. If you made 3 or more passes you'd get a ticket. I'm rocking the rattiest 3rd gen V6 red Camaro you've ever seen. We had fun, but no where near the level I imagine it would be back then.

Same deal back East accept Bob's Big Boy was called Frisches Big Boy. We had mainliners (they were called) that had the drive up and park service where they brought food to the car.
    Then there were the regular Frisches (non mainliner) scattered about, but they were always (and still are) hot cruise nights. Still doing it every Friday and Saturday night.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Jim (67CamaroRSSS) remembers the Dodge Bros and thought of them as nice young men...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pure vintage car commercial for 1980 -

glad I have 2 ... they actually made 300 hp and went 13.5 1/4 .. I ran 13.45 with my 34k miles stock TTA with the factory tires
    Last edited by 99ss405; 02-27-2015 at 06:30 PM.

I want one of these only 25 made in 92 .. you could order it with rollbars .. but 42-45k was a lot of $$$ then

Last edited by 99ss405; 02-27-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Thread Information