Thread: I need help!

Silver
    2000 Firebird

I need help!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums, I've owned my (3.8L V6) Firbird for about 1.5 years now. I've been wanting some help with it. I recently bought a Haynes Repair Manual and there's so much information. Unfortunately, I learn by seeing. I can comprehend the reading part and completely follow the instructions, but I don't want to mess anything up.

So I was wondering if anyone could post detailed pictures of instructions on how to unbolt a trunk lid off of a 2000 Firebird. Also, if you could throw in some pictures of how to remove your door panel so I can get into the window motor. The guide from Haynes doesn't really show me where to poke and how to poke.

The reason for this is so I can tint my windows myself. Yeah, I'm not all for paying some guy $100+ for something I can do myself. Hey may do it professionally, but I mean I pretty much know the gist of it. Watch out for bubbles, use a "hard card" and be freakin' careful.

Also, about the doors... My window motor on my left side just doesn't work. You press the button and the thing doesn't rise or lower. The passenger side goes down normally, but is slow to bring up. I was actually thinking about buy a pair of new window motors from eBay. What do you guys think?
    Here is the listing.

If anyone here has shopped from eBay, how are the quality of the following items:
    -R1 Brake Pads and Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    -Eibach Lowering Springs
    -The 18" 7.5 "Replica" Corvette Rims

Yeah, I end up being an eBay junkie, but mainly because I believe this crap is cheaper. Stuff from Autozone is just more expensive.

Everyone, please leave me some feedback on what I should and shouldn't do!

Edit:
    Thanks to Ironbird for posting a link on a How-To on fixing your window motor.
    Last edited by FirebirdWS86; 09-07-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: A link posted by another member.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

I'm wondering about something...

I don't know if it's my window motor for sure, but could I buy a motor from Autozone, replace the current one and if it works could I take that part back?

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

trust me its worth it to have it done then buying one from autozone. I think they come with bolts and nuts to hold it in place. F-bodies are the hardest window motors to replace, it was worth it to me to have it done and they rivet the motor in place. I see you have a v6 try 3rd gen.org and there is a
    v6 section there for guys with your car and motor. help this helps!

Silver
    2000 Firebird

So, is it complicated to take off your rear hatch? I mean, is there anything I need to know about taking it off?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

as far as your ebay idea, I buy everything from ebay or craigs list and never got anything disapointing. Buying off ebay saves a lot of money. My 07 Z06 wheel and tire package was $400 cheaper with shipping than my lowest hometown price. So yes diffenately go with ebay but make sure who you buy from has good feedback and possibly a refund policy.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Thread Information