its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i was just thinking...

This morning i was cruisin the vette to work and i put the window all the way down and the door panel bulged out. I remember that my formula used to do the same thing when the window went all the way down. I was just wonderin if this could contribute to the famous door panel crack in the firebirds. Anyone else's panel bulge when the window is down all the way?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    This morning i was cruisin the vette to work and i put the window all the way down and the door panel bulged out. I remember that my formula used to do the same thing when the window went all the way down. I was just wonderin if this could contribute to the famous door panel crack in the firebirds. Anyone else's panel bulge when the window is down all the way?
    no its the steel backed felt strip, it doesnt give when the plastic warps due to weather conditions, im sure the window could have a small effect but temperature plays a much bigger role

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    My drivers side door does that when I roll my window all the way down. I assumed they all did that. Yet, I have no cracks or anything in/on either of my door panels.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Mine does this too when the power window is down. Always has.. Camaros don't usually suffer from the dreaded cracks tho..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information