Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Question i just dont know anymore....

i've had a 95 trans am with LT4, A4 and nitrous and it was fun but spent too much time broken down. then a 97 ttop with 6 speed and mostly stock. really fun car shifting my own gears. now i have a baby girl and no car to enjoy. so i'm saving for another toy in a couple years time. i always wanted a ls1 but the car that first drew me in was my bros 85 trans am. thats when i was 11, the car bug bit me. now that i'm wanting something else to build but have it be more budget friendly, i'm finding myself unable to decide between the ls1, lt1, or a 3rd gen. i like the ls1 for the badass looks and stock power. the lt1 im familar with but i know the headaches. now the 3rd gen is pulling me in with the sleek but retro cues and easier engine bay to work with. i may even think about an ls1 in a 3rd gen with a built auto. i need help deciding! which one would be easier to buy and work on and be easy on my wallet? i need some ups and downs on each one
    Last edited by bandit95; 08-18-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

3rd gens and LT-1's will be cheaper than LS-1's. I think you'll probably run into more problems w/the olders ones, but there cheaper to work on. I found more parts available for LT-1's over LS-1's around here too.

The catch 22 of that would be you may be able to find LS-1's in better condition than the 3rd gens and LT-1's.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

lt1 or ls1 are both great starting points. After i had my daughter and sold my t/a, supra and traded in my dd for a newer DD i got into bikes. Bikes are cheap to buy, very reliable and almost never need repairs. It has been filling my need for speed for the past 1-2 years, not to mention the almost 50mpgs i get on my daily commute the bike has probably paid for itself. Now that i have my nice baby safe DD almost paid off i will be looking to sell my bike next spring and get back into a ls1 car. I love riding its very mentally healing but i knew it was only temporary until i coudl get another muscle car. I will probably buy another bike after i pay off the next f-body i buy but i def need my muscle car first.

Thread Information