Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I have a fever and the only cure is a corvette

Ok, bought my 00' WS6 almost 2 years ago did full exhaust, fast 92, nick Williams 92, strut tower bar, rear lca and pan hard bar. I really like driving this car. It has 119k on the clock dynoed 355 and hauls ass. However I'm loving the 2005+ body style corvettes. I've been thinking about trading up but I'm wondering if anyone has moved from a camaro or firebird to a Bette and regret anything or miss anything about their old car. I have my DD and the trans am so a third car is not in the cards, I'd have to sell the trans am. Thoughts??

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You won't regret it. I don't own a corvette, but just about everything about them is better than 4th Gens. Not bashing the 4th Gen either. I love mine.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Night and day difference between a vette and an Fbody...chassis is better, handles better, transmission set up is better "look in to the torque tube stuff if you aren't familiar with it" they are WAY easier to work on under the hood because half the motor isn't under the dash...lots of perks to owning a vette. You will not regret it. That I can guarantee.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Only downsides I can think of is:

-Run flats (no spare if I can remember)

-No back seat (the main reason I didn't buy one)

-If you start saving now, you might be able to put a big downpayment on the mid-engine C8.

If you can see past all that, and wont miss the T/A, go for it. Its a great car!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

The TA is my I always wanted one car and I just enjoy it way too much to get rid of it. But we will be adding a vette to our stable in the next few years after sarah is done with her masters program. Way more enjoyable especially on long rides and curvy roads.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

The trans am is a secondary car and no need for a backseat. I like the t/a mainly because they aren't a dime a dozen like a mustang is.
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I'm still looking for the right 2009 Vette. It is hard to find one in the condition I am looking for and at the right price.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I'm ok with 30k miles or less, I see some on dealer lots for less than private party and vise versa. I'm still familiarizing with the different packages these cars came with. I think I could get 8 for my car with the mods and mileage plus another 6 or 7 down I'd only have to finance 14 of it which I'm ok with. I've also been tossing around the idea of an e46 BMW ///M3

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

BMW M3s are nice but the power isn't as raw as LS cars and they get awful fuel economy where as our cars get stellar mileage for the power.

If you have a Borla or GMMG catback, trade systems with me with cash ontop before you sell your car please
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I read the title with Christopher Walken voice in my head. Gl with your decision.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    I'm ok with 30k miles or less, I see some on dealer lots for less than private party and vise versa. I'm still familiarizing with the different packages these cars came with. I think I could get 8 for my car with the mods and mileage plus another 6 or 7 down I'd only have to finance 14 of it which I'm ok with. I've also been tossing around the idea of an e46 BMW ///M3
    With BMW's beware that many of the repairs for those cars require specialty tools and fairly expensive parts. I'd suggest going with the Corvette, unless you are really wanting a 4 seater, the I'd say stick with what you have or get a 6.0 Goat.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

The 02 to like 06 beaners aren't too bad to work on. My uncle had one and the basic maintenence is around the se lines as any other car with the exception of lime brake pad sensors/speciality programmer to reset oil light etc... I have all winter to think about it so we will see what I end up doing.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    The 02 to like 06 beaners aren't too bad to work on. My uncle had one and the basic maintenence is around the se lines as any other car with the exception of lime brake pad sensors/speciality programmer to reset oil light etc... I have all winter to think about it so we will see what I end up doing.
    Why would you want that model when the 2007/2013 M3s had a 4.0L V8! Granted, as mentioned, they look nice, but for a costower ratio, a GTO or even better, a G8, would fit a 4 seater V8 description well and be hella fun!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

The amount of seats is not the selling point for me. a lower mileage e46 is closer to my budget than a low mileage 07+. I'm leaning towards the Corvette because it seems like the drive train and suspension is much better than that of a GTO. 2 different cars yes but the GTO is way over valued in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people will say different but my taste differs from yours. I will either get a new car next spring or head/cam and paint the trans Am

Thread Information