Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i HATE New Jersey.....

well... could have happened anywhere.... just happened to be in NJ

the hawk is no longer the pristine beauty it was when i got it.

On my way home from my TN road trip a truck got on I 287 south with his load uncovered.... spilling rocks all over me and a 2002 WS6 that happened to be near me at the time.... fearing that I might crack or chip that irreplaceable hood i just nailed it to get out of there and prayed for the best....

the best sounds like this....

several teeny tiny chips on the windshield. a couple BIG chips on the headlight doors. some missing clearcoat on the passenger door, many small chips on the bumper cover and plate cover, and i haven't cleaned the car yet to tell if there is significant damage to the hood and fender. Far too dusty and bug laden from the drive home.

I was actually hoping i'd never have to repaint this car. And i'm not at a point in my life where a new paint job is a priority.

I've been considering scrapping my plans for a rear axle, despite the terrible noises coming from mine, in favor of putting that 5k toward a house.

so i'll get some touchup and live with it.... sucks.... but it is what it is. I think I got some COTM worthy shots coming up.... prior to this nonsense of course.

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

I'm sorry this happened :( too bad you weren't aware of the damages until after the fact... could've reported him as hazardous to other drivers and maybe some cash for the damages... blargh, poor hawk :(

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Man that sucks. They should be liable for fixing your car but prolly impossible to prove.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sorry to hear. Depending on your insurance, you may be able to tender a claim and get it partially paid for.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Too bad you didn't get the license plate. They ARE liable for damage, even if they have a "stay back 500 feet" notice.

Yeah, call insurance and tell them you need some painting done. You will be happy you did, if the people who paint it do a quality job. 8 years of dings on the front end gone!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'd just get the tag # off any dumptruck on the road and give that to your ins.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Too bad you didn't get the license plate. They ARE liable for damage, even if they have a "stay back 500 feet" notice.

Yeah, call insurance and tell them you need some painting done. You will be happy you did, if the people who paint it do a quality job. 8 years of dings on the front end gone!
    That's true here. Suppose to covered up to prevent this. We'll, namely to prevent it causing a huge accident by possibly blinding the driver.

Sucks to hear either way, I'd go Jeff's way, talk to your insurance, see whats up.

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Hey Bro, I know how you feel. I bought my car in '02 out in Washington, PA ( Budd Baer)and drove it for 6 years in PA with only one big rock hit on a headlite cover and a couple of small scratches on the front. I move back out to NJ in '08 and my whole front end is chipped, scratched, the windshield is now lightly pitted. The roads in NJ are really friggin' dirty,man!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

not really interested in laying out the cash for a proper repair right now. I'd need to put a claim on my insurance to have them "help" pay for something i'm only going to half ass.... yeah... probably not the right time to repair it.

Thankfully there is nothing there that can rust.... cept for the headlight doors of course.

I'll get some touchup... take care of some of the bigger ones. and just keep enjoying my car.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I would have got in front of the d bag and then started to throw shit out of my car at him. When he got all pissy about it and tried to do something then I would have let him have a can of soad at speed.

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

i'm sure once you clean it and detail it, if you do a good job on the filler you wont notice it too much. so long as massive chunks of paint aren't missing... i've got faith in ya it'll all work out.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

you have a good outlook on the matter. i am sorry to hear that. but atleast you dont act like its the end of the world lol. so congrats on being mature about it.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    well... could have happened anywhere.... just happened to be in NJ

the hawk is no longer the pristine beauty it was when i got it.

On my way home from my TN road trip a truck got on I 287 south with his load uncovered.... spilling rocks all over me and a 2002 WS6 that happened to be near me at the time.... fearing that I might crack or chip that irreplaceable hood i just nailed it to get out of there and prayed for the best....

the best sounds like this....

several teeny tiny chips on the windshield. a couple BIG chips on the headlight doors. some missing clearcoat on the passenger door, many small chips on the bumper cover and plate cover, and i haven't cleaned the car yet to tell if there is significant damage to the hood and fender. Far too dusty and bug laden from the drive home.

Also sorry to hear about the damage that was done to your car hopefully everything will work out and you can get everything fixed soon.

I was actually hoping i'd never have to repaint this car. And i'm not at a point in my life where a new paint job is a priority.

I've been considering scrapping my plans for a rear axle, despite the terrible noises coming from mine, in favor of putting that 5k toward a house.

so i'll get some touchup and live with it.... sucks.... but it is what it is. I think I got some COTM worthy shots coming up.... prior to this nonsense of course.
    I am sorry to hear that, and I dont know what the deal with going threw tennesse is but on my trip back to nc from st louis my car was fine until I started getting up their, I guess its all the damn salt on the roads and such but I went threw during march so.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    I would have got in front of the d bag and then started to throw shit out of my car at him. When he got all pissy about it and tried to do something then I would have let him have a can of soad at speed.
    Yeah, that'd show him

black
    2001 Trans Am

Sorry to hear about your car but I now when the time is right you'll have it lookin good again

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

And I thought you were going to say Jersey Shore.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

oh god don't even mention the jersey shore..... it's all i ever hear at work.

Took the car last night and paint can't even be a concern for me at the moment. Going to TN was taking a big chance seeing as my rear clunks and clatters like mad. it's getting worse. I think my clunk is coming from axle bearings but as i've said a million times I don't want to sink a penny into this rear. so.... we'll see

Thread Information