Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

I Got my Wife's 2001 T/A WS-6! {PICS}

Hi Guys! This is my first post here. To make a long story short. My wife went to trade in her 2001 T/A WS-6 for a 2008 Cadillac CTS. The Dealer only offered her $7600 for her 48,000 mile WS-6 on Trade in. SO... other than letting the Dealership Rape her. I bought it from her for $8000. The car is Bone stock. She wouldn't let me MOD anything while it was HER car. SO now that it's mine let the modding Begin!! I'm thinking Single REAR TURBO KIT, RIMS, TINT and Lowering the Car. Anyone that has a Rear Turbo Kit or Lowered their WS-6 please Chim in and let me know what I'm in for! ooohhh Also what Brake Kit upgrades are good too!

I added a Couple Pics of my Z06 for you guys too!

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Lucky bastard!! nice garage and welcome!

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

8Grand. Damn... You must be slipping her something on the side.

Beautiful cars and welcome aboard. I ran BMR 1" lowering springs with new adjustible shocks and loved the look and road feel after doing so. Only had to worry about really big speedbumps but nothing you wouldn't avoid anyways having a Z06

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Great story and nice cars. Welcome.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

very nice be wary of the base line sts turbo kits.

Red
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    8Grand. Damn... You must be slipping her something on the side.

Beautiful cars and welcome aboard. I ran BMR 1" lowering springs with new adjustible shocks and loved the look and road feel after doing so. Only had to worry about really big speedbumps but nothing you wouldn't avoid anyways having a Z06

Ya, It's my wife soooo. She wouldn't even let me try and Sell it Privately. She needed a NEW car TODAY! SHE NUTZ! Anyways.. She out driving in her CTS right now. She wanted to cruz alone with girly music. So I just joined LS1 Performance and Told her in a month she wouldn't recognize her old T/A. So I just need a Spring Kit. And new Shock / Struts? + Alignment?
    Thanks.

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

Good luck on getting your windows tinted in this state. I have received 2 tickets for mine. Damn state law. As for spring shocks combo, I have Koni-Strano combo, and I love it. Just my 2 cents.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

When you lower the car you will need an adjustable panhard rod as well. Strano springs/konis shocks are what most people look at as for they offer the best ride quality. Most people will say to stay away from STS kits because of their poor oiling/other issues. I would recommend a custom front mount.. example APS.

Slotted rotors and hawk pads is a good braking upgrade as well.

Welcome to the site!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I would suggest staying away from STS kits, poor oiling is a problem. Plus i have often pondered if they have more lag than a engine bay turbo setup if both used the smae size turbo. All that piping and the turbo being so far back but im not 100% sure on this.

Not to mention a turbo sitting under a car is an accident waiting to happen

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Your wife bought a CTS-V I hope. Why would she wanna downgrade from a WS-6 to a 6-cyl Caddy for? Gas mileage?

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Your wife bought a CTS-V I hope. Why would she wanna downgrade from a WS-6 to a 6-cyl Caddy for? Gas mileage?
    Lol that isnt a downgrade at all. If all you ever care about in a car is speed then your missing out on alot.

Red
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

She just got a CTS. I drove it last night, it's pretty peppy for a 6 cylinder Luxury Car! She wanted a more grown up car. Now the WS-6 sits outside cause there is no more room in the Garage. Oh well.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by slvrzo6 View Post
    She just got a CTS. I drove it last night, it's pretty peppy for a 6 cylinder Luxury Car! She wanted a more grown up car. Now the WS-6 sits outside cause there is no more room in the Garage. Oh well.
    You can put it in my garage, but you have to leave the keys too incase i have to move it

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Well if it's the direct-injected V6, it's rated at a 306hp, IIRC, so that ain't bad for a 6cyl at all!

And after driving an F-Body for 8 years, I'm sure the CTS is a MAJOR upgrade for her in everything but maybe straightline performance.

Anyway, great deal on the WS6! 7,600 for that is an insult, and 8k is a steal too, IMO.

Beautiful Z06 too! I've always liked the FRC cars, and that color looks great with those wheels.

Lucky bastid!!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Well if it's the direct-injected V6, it's rated at a 306hp, IIRC, so that ain't bad for a 6cyl at all!

And after driving an F-Body for 8 years, I'm sure the CTS is a MAJOR upgrade for her in everything but maybe straightline performance.

Anyway, great deal on the WS6! 7,600 for that is an insult, and 8k is a steal too, IMO.

Beautiful Z06 too! I've always liked the FRC cars, and that color looks great with those wheels.

Lucky bastid!!
    A year and a half ago a dealer offered me 5500 for my 2000 t/A with 51kmiles. after they todl me they were giving me a deal and they wouldnt reconsider i just started laughing and walked out.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by slvrzo6 View Post
    Ya, It's my wife soooo. She wouldn't even let me try and Sell it Privately. She needed a NEW car TODAY! SHE NUTZ! Anyways.. She out driving in her CTS right now. She wanted to cruz alone with girly music. So I just joined LS1 Performance and Told her in a month she wouldn't recognize her old T/A. So I just need a Spring Kit. And new Shock / Struts? + Alignment?
    Thanks.
    Shocks, springs, adjustible panhard bar and I was told LCA relocations by Ntimidator on the forum. I felt like it added more bite to 1-2 shift, but not sure how necessary that was when lowering the car.

RED
    2002 FORMULA

How do you BUY a car from your wife. You say "hey bitch, I'm taking the car". I am an expert at that, Im on my third marriage.

2000 C5 Torch Red

I think it's actually better that way. She can't come back and claim any ownership after he starts modding. It's his car, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Black
    2000 Ws6

just be careful from earlier you said she wanted a grown up car ... seems like your still in play mode just hope for yoursake she doesnt want to trade you in on a grown up but all in all great steal on the ws6 and your daily driver isnt nothin to shake your head at either ... and welcome ...

Red
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexxx View Post
    Not to get into your cool aid, but why would you have to buy your wife's car? Why didn't she just give it to you? What ever makes it work, more power to you. Nice ride for paying for twice, I guess.
    My wife and I are Equal Partners in our Marriage. To some this may be a surprise, But we SPLIT ALL the Bills.. Mortgage, Utilities..etc. When it comes to our Shopping, Cars and Wants we have our own money. We both own our own businesses and can afford to buy what we want. Thus her wanting to buy a CTS on that day. She was willing to take a loss on the car regardless. So Instead of the Dealership buying it. I bought it from her. Plus I can now MOD it ungodly.. With no ill effects. I Hope this Clears things up.
    Last edited by slvrzo6; 07-10-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Thread Information