How much will it all cost?

I am going to start a savings fund for my car this fall...i will save for 2-3 years...

i want to get my engine completley rebuilt so that it runs like the day it rolled out of the factory. with some strong reliable parts and a good cam.

i also want a tranny rebuild that can handle 400-450hp(6 speed)

i also want to get a good rear end(12 bolt or 9")

lastly. it will need a paint job by then...just a good solid color, and probably having to get out some deep scuffs on the front bumper and under it.

then im going to probably get new window motors and all that good stuff...probably replace or try to get my dashboard fixed, since there are 2 cracks in it..new seat covers probably...new weatherstripping probably...

how much APPRX. would each of these cost so i have a ball park?

why do all this? why not just friggin buy a new corvette or something?

the way i see it..i spent 10k on my car..and it had a LOT of problems i had to get fixed..so i hve put a lot of money into it..i LOVE this car soo much, i was originally going to have to get an LT1 but i found this and i was soo happy! i feel like i never want to sell it...rather than buy a brand new car eventually, or sell my t/a, and get a better one, it would be worth it in the end to invest 20k into whatever i already spent..think of it..10k for the car+20k=30k if i got a newer car for 20k~ it would eventually need crap like that anyway..and if i plan to keep this thing forever..i want it to be a work of art, not some barn car...thanks!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You are probably looking at $15-20K
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

How many miles are on it, that you want to rebuild the engine and tranny? I would think the M6 and possibly even the rearend could do 450hp without failing.

107k on em..im gonna be putting like 500 away a month for 2-3 years..then ill have 15-20k

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Brad5150 View Post
    I am going to start a savings fund for my car this fall...i will save for 2-3 years...

i want to get my engine completley rebuilt so that it runs like the day it rolled out of the factory. with some strong reliable parts and a good cam.

i also want a tranny rebuild that can handle 400-450hp(6 speed)

i also want to get a good rear end(12 bolt or 9")

lastly. it will need a paint job by then...just a good solid color, and probably having to get out some deep scuffs on the front bumper and under it.

then im going to probably get new window motors and all that good stuff...probably replace or try to get my dashboard fixed, since there are 2 cracks in it..new seat covers probably...new weatherstripping probably...

how much APPRX. would each of these cost so i have a ball park?

why do all this? why not just friggin buy a new corvette or something?

the way i see it..i spent 10k on my car..and it had a LOT of problems i had to get fixed..so i hve put a lot of money into it..i LOVE this car soo much, i was originally going to have to get an LT1 but i found this and i was soo happy! i feel like i never want to sell it...rather than buy a brand new car eventually, or sell my t/a, and get a better one, it would be worth it in the end to invest 20k into whatever i already spent..think of it..10k for the car+20k=30k if i got a newer car for 20k~ it would eventually need crap like that anyway..and if i plan to keep this thing forever..i want it to be a work of art, not some barn car...thanks!
    if you research every thing i say you can do it for about 10-12k and it be done right. i did my shit for 8 not including paint. my paint is fine. but my engine is a beast and stage 3 tranny with a 3000 stall

yeah but did u do it urself or? i could probably change the oil on my car and thats about it..

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

Question

How much to rebuild engine(LS1) and tranny (auto) with a bigger intake, throttle,...?

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Brad5150 View Post
    yeah but did u do it urself or? i could probably change the oil on my car and thats about it..
    yeah i did put it in with me and my uncle and i gave him $600 for the help. im just saying really look at what you want and then shop the hell out of it!!!

Thread Information