Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much do you guys think this WS6 is worth?

Hey! I finally found a bone stock black WS-6 with t-tops that I like, it's got a little less than 25,000 miles, it's in amazing shape, it's at a dealer now, but it was a one owner car. Unfortunately, it's in Florida and I'm in NY, so I can't just swing by and check it out, but an independent company has inspected and test driven it, and it all checked out. I can't stress enough how great shape this thing is in, it's like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

They're asking $24,000, which I think is way too high. What do you guys think? I know that low miles commands more, but how much more?

What do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks!

--Jimmy

Black
    99 SS

what year?

i would give no more then 18.5 for it and that is if its a 2002

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

thats way too high!!

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Wayyy to high. My dad had one with 30k on it and it looked like it had never seen an inch of the road. It was absolutely perfect in every way. He couldnt even sell his for 20k. He had all the records and was the original owner. 18k is the most id pay.

Cool, thanks for the info, it's a 2002. I'm going to get in touch with them some time today and maybe make an offer. I was thinking 16k as a start, what do you guys think?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Looks good, but yeah, too high. I would pay 20k for it.. I couldn't find one in the shape I got mine in for cheaper than 18.5k in Florida when I was looking for mine. Ended up paying about 19k after fees and stuff for my '02 WS6 in Florida. It is really clean like that one too when I bought it, minus a little scratch on the front passenger bumper, with 59k. In Florida you'd be lucky to get it under 20k, IMO. The demand is higher there with the nicer weather. Personally though I like not having a car that's been through road salt and snow each year since it was made... so I didn't mind paying a little extra. I didn't have much time to shop around though - I had 2 weeks on auto trader while out to sea, and 2 days to check them all out while I had transportation. I needed another car, and needed it that weekend.

Anyway, I don't even think that dealer would consider anything close to 16k for it.. not to sound like a sour puss but I went through the same thing down there when I lived there. 18k-20k though is very possible though.
    Last edited by fluke; 10-19-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: fixed wording

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Looks good, but yeah, too high. I would pay 20k for it.. I couldn't find one in the shape I got mine in for cheaper than 18.5k in Florida when I was looking for mine. Ended up paying about 19k after fees and stuff for my '02 WS6 in Florida. It is really clean like that one too when I bought it, minus a little scratch on the front passenger bumper, with 59k. In Florida you'd be lucky to get it under 20k, IMO. The demand is higher there with the nicer weather. Personally though I like not having a car that's been through road salt and snow each year since it was made... so I didn't mind paying a little extra. I didn't have much time to shop around though - I had 2 weeks on auto trader while out to sea, and 2 days to check them all out while I had transportation. I needed another car, and needed it that weekend.

Anyway, I don't even think that dealer would consider anything close to 16k for it.. not to sound like a sour puss but I went through the same thing down there when I lived there. 18k-20k though is very possible though.
    Thanks for the info! I agree with paying a little extra to get a car that hasn't been through that kind of abuse, so I wouldn't mind doing it. I'm not expecting to pay 16k, I just figured if he's at 24, and I offer 16, we might be able to meet at 18 or so.

I actually just found a low mile 02 WS6 M6 in Jersey, relatively close to me (closer than FL!), but he only has one picture up and it isn't that good. I need to get more info on it, and am awaiting a response. I also left a message with that dealer in FL, but I'm keeping in mind that the main difference between the two is that the one at the dealer has been detailed, that might add a few k to some buyers, but I'd be more than happy saving the extra cash and getting one that hasn't been washed/waxed and spending an afternoon detailing it myself

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

man, that sucker looks amazing...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Oh, and that dealer garage looks familiar, is this in Orlando? If that is the place I think it is, they have wicked cars all the time.

Red
    2001 ws6

i paid 17800 for mine....2001 19k miles MINT cond. . . . there out there u just gata keep looking.....24k is WAY to high

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

24gs!!!!!!!!!!! holy shit.

next

LOL yeah I guess everyone agrees they're nuts. But if they'd return my phone call, I was going to at least make a low (well, reasonable, just low compared to what theyre asking) offer and see what happens. If they laugh at me, I'll laugh right back, because 24k is outrageous.

fluke: No it's not in Orlando, but I was looking at another WS6 that was in a similar shop in Orlando, I don't remember the name, but they had alot of awesome cars in the background, so I bet that's the one you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    man, that sucker looks amazing...
    yeah, that is one smokin car. Very nice! Set as my background

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    yeah, that is one smokin car. Very nice! Set as my background
    hehe now I HAVE to buy it, just so I can say that my car is on someone's desktop!

I often use many of the high resolution shots I find on this site and lsitech as backgrounds! But yeah, that would be a nice car to own. Good luck and I hope you can get a good deal on it.

Black on Black
    2001 ~ T/A ~ WS6 ~ M6

Is it really a matter of "what's it worth to everyone else"? Bottomline...what's it worth to YOU and how long do you plan on keeping it.

Don't tread on me!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I may be an idiot, but I paid 27k for a 2002 M6 WS6 'vert two months ago. It did only have 875 miles on it (that's not a typo - 875). I figured I was buying a new car.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by CHD View Post
    I may be an idiot, but I paid 27k for a 2002 M6 WS6 'vert two months ago. It did only have 875 miles on it (that's not a typo - 875). I figured I was buying a new car.
    yea thats different- that is like buying a new car. mine was about 26k with 1700 miles on it in 2003

Yeah that's a different story, there's a one up on ebay with 5k miles and one with 2k I believe, and they're asking around 27, but that type of low mile car has it's own market.

It sort of is a question about what it's worth, because I don't want to get taken. I don't know what the market for these cars is like, so I just wanted a general opinion. Sure, I'd like a great looking bird, but if it's really over the normal market value, it's not worth it to me, because it means I'm going to take that much more of a hit on it if I want to sell it. I don't know, I guess it's the difference between someone who wants a like new bird, they're going to have to pay whatever people are asking, because a like new car that's hasn't been produced for 5 years is virtually impossible to find. I just want a low mile (not super low - under or around 30 would be great) bird that's in pretty good shape.. my thinking is that it's cheaper than a new car, I'll probably like it more, and if I want to sell it in a few years (for a new camaro or challenger), I won't take as big a hit on it as I would with a new car.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

it appears this is the guy your looking at collect?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

They sell alot of nice cars and mostly deal with trans ams and vettes. I would wait to see how much it brings on ebay and base your price on that. 24gs is way way too much. You can get a collector edition trans am with lower miles for less.

Thread Information