how much is this bird worth?

http://www.expomc.com/invsys/details2.php?id=7059

My family is making a trip to Houston for 4th of July, and I figured I'd look around and see what kind of deals they have there... and selection wise, there's a whole lot more than New Orleans for sure. This car fits my budget, and I don't mind taking out a small loan with cash down if it's worth it, but what would you guys offer on it assuming it's in good condition with "normal wear and tear"? Looks like these guys sell $200-300k cars on a regular basis, and the profit they'd make on the trans am would be chump change compared to the other cars... which could mean two things: they could be easy as hell or difficult to work with on price.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

price doesn't seem too bad. 10k is about the most i'm willing to spend but i don't think finding one for 10 will be much of a prob soon. I recently saw a 2002 ws6 m6 with only 10,000 miles sell for 16k. no there is no mistake on the miles 10k 10,000 ten thousand... and he only got 16k. the sad reality is that most people simply can't afford to drive these any more and millions of americans are in foreclosure or struggling to make home payments which is prob the reason some of these cars are for sale or being traded in the first place. with oil now passing 140 a barrel and premium gas already over 5 bucks a gallon in many places in the US, the market for a V8 muscle car is shrinking.... FAST.... when I set out on my search for a WS6 i was expecting to pay between 14-18k now i can't see myself spending more than 10k. I've seen good examples sell for as little as 8,100 this month, the prime selling season for these.

come fall i'd say 6k could get a nice one 10k will buy a dream. if you are set on buying to drive this summer then 10k is fair right now. I also carfaxed it and this appears to be a one owner car. the first "owner" had the car for 6 months and only put 300 miles on it. to me that sounds like a dealership test model or just a car that they had a hard time selling new. second owner had it up till now. for the year the miles are low. best advice.... if you can afford it and you want it.... take it!!

Impounded

maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

yea i know that place....its right outside the beltway in houston..and yea they deal with high end stuff...most of their cars are kept outside...never seen a bird there...wonder if theyre keepin this baby inside ...from reading some of the testimonials at the bottom it appears to be some type of auction scenario....hmmm.
    Last edited by the_formula; 06-27-2008 at 09:48 AM.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

aaah about right, maybe a little high . . . id say its worth between 7-9000. I got my 00 ta with 72000 miles for 7500

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

my bro got is z06 from them they are really good and cars are always in really good condition and the pics looked good i would check it out in person before i bought it though

So what do you guys think would be a reasonable starting offer? I do realize it is a dealer so that it'll sell for a little more, but my plan is to start off with $8.5k and go no higher than $10k... my original offer over the phone was $10k out the door, and the sales guy kind of freaked out lol. But maybe things will be different once I actually step foot inside the dealership and prove that I'm serious. I plan on financing through them too to make the price of the vehicle easier to negotiate (hopefully) since they will make profit from both the vehicle itself and the financing. Do you guys think it'll be wise to suck it up and put down the $500 deposit on it? Thanks for the advice/feedback so far.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

baught my 2000 ws6 for $7000 its got a few rock chips but other than that its gorgious

Thread Information