Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the hell???

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

How the hell???

So my buddy and I are out driving around last night when i stopped at a gas station and see a black camero with body kit different spoiler chrome tail lights etc. and as im walkining inside he goes to leave and reved up a bit and i thought hey i could use a good race cuz he didnt sound stock by no means. So we get our 99 cent mtdews and head out and we found him and his buddy headed outa town and we talked enought to decide how to start (roll from 30 so i could be in first) and i rolled up my windown and my buddy goes dude i know that car hes from another town about 50 miles away, and hes got a cam full exhaust and stall. so i figgure im toast......but we both hit it from 30 and got a little jump on him while his shifted down and just as soon as it did he was pulling me till i got to 3rd and he quit losing me and i was catching him i was like holy shit i got a chance here, we ended up going to about 120 and i got him by half a car. I was so happy i nailed all my gears. Then we stopped in a parking lot and talked a bit and he said he had a cam that was a (not for sure but i thinkthats what he said)331 334 idk much bout cams so idk what that means, full exhaust with mid headers and loudmouth 1 and topped with a 3500 stall. he had all the papers to prove it and had gears sitting at home. Most of his work came through his dad whos a mechanic/body shop man. I didnt say anything but i came to the conclusion that him only having a lid on the intake side was starving that cam. Thats my story

BlacK
    2001 WS6

You have a WS.6, that's why it is legend.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not knocking your car by no means but it sounds like a classic case of poorly thought out mods. You don't list your mods so I'm assuming you're either bolt ons or stock? Even with his stall he should be running pretty strong. I would also wonder what kinda tune he had. 331 and 334 doesn't make sense so you either heard him wrong or he was full of it.
    Either way congrats on the kill. Run what ya brung as the saying goes.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

depends on what kinda stall he had too though... some are for off the line... but i agree... even with just an intake and stuff he still shoulda pulled you... maybe you have good driver mod and he has bad????

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Are you a m6?

If he wasnt tuned for the stall it could have hurt him alot, i didnt pull nearly as hard until i messed with my shift points and shit.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yea mines a ws6 m6 with kooks race headers ORY, ported MAF and TB W/smooth bellows, Volant CAI, and a Spec 3 clutch W/ upgraded RAM adjustable master and slave cylinder. On his tune i don't know who did it but he did rip off some horse numbers but i dont remember what they were, so im assuming its been dyno tuned. That and on the cam numbers, i know the numbers he ripped of were both 330somethings. He's still got the 2.73 gears (i think thats the number, whatever stock was)and has 3.73's sitting at home. I never said anyhting but what he needed was more on the intake side, like a 90/90 fast intake and just ported the MAF.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Good kill dude!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

331-334 with a cam and tune? Just those 2 mods should give you a lot more. Im calling BS on his mods

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

On his mods, he kept receits and papers in his glovebox. I didn't believe him either till he showed me the papers, cuz i thought no way in hell did i beat that caliber of a car

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    331-334 with a cam and tune? Just those 2 mods should give you a lot more. Im calling BS on his mods
    Yeah with just the mods I have untuned I was pulling more then that. It would have to be a really worn out LS to be running that low with a good cam.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I think you guys missed it the 331 334 arent his dyno numbers they had something to do with what kind of cam he had. his dyno numbers i dont rember what they were, i was still in shock of beating him.

black
    2002 WS6

if he is still running the 2.73 gears thats where he is losing, he is unable to stay in the power band with his stall coupled with apossibly miss tuned trannt he is suffering huge losses, the LS1 intake is capable of flowing some really good numbers as is. You can have all the motor you want but with out looking after the gearing to match your efforts are all for naught.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Ahhhhh.....Aint it a great feeling just beatin' the crap out of someone then telling them that your basically STOCK!!! I still believe in the OLD (commercialized)chinese proverb, "Ancient Chinese Secret"!!!!...Cause', No matter what you do, there will ALWAYS be a faster car lurking and waiting! Til' then, our mods.will do for now! Or til' you lose really bad, then your locked in DISBELIEF!! Ahhhhhhh....Aint THAT a horrible feeling!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yea he wouldnt believe me that i was mostly stock with just a few boltons. He was like no way you gotta have at least a cam or something and i go nope my car just doesn't like to lose, even when its outmatched lol

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Coulda been the dews...ever see that commercial?

I'd get an LS6 intake on yours, the next time you see 'em, you know he's gonna have the 3.73's

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

and

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

The ls6 intake with a 90/90 combination is next on the wish list right with the QTP y-pipe with dual cutouts.

"and?"

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    The ls6 intake with a 90/90 combination is next on the wish list right with the QTP y-pipe with dual cutouts.

"and?"
    Didn't get the "and" either.

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think you can put a 90/90 combo on the LS6 intake, I think you have to go with a FAST intake for that.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

didn't mean to post that

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

If he was cammed, with exhaust and headers, with a stall, he is makeing 400rwhp compared to you 310-320rwhp and he has a stall that is good for damn near 1/2 secodn in the 1/4mile on its own, if he has those mods he needs to make sure he has all 8 spark plugs in cause he is only running on 6 of his 8 cylinders.

Thread Information