Thread: how to get 400

black
    2002 trans am

how to get 400

what are some of the ways to get 400 rwhp my car is bone stock.. also wat are some of the small things that go along with an intake manifold swap. im lookin at the FAST model

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    what are some of the ways to get 400 rwhp my car is bone stock.. also wat are some of the small things that go along with an intake manifold swap. im lookin at the FAST model
    Nitrous!

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

start with the usual bolt-on's http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69088

Then move into a cam and/or head porting. Or of course the nitrous route if you don't have the time or money for machining.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

cam/heads, nitrous, or forced induction; your choice . . . it would be pretty tough to do it with just bolt ons

no reason to buy a fast intake unless you have one hell of a head and cam package.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A fast might hurt if you don't have the cam to go with it.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

well 400 is alot at wheels if you are a M 6 and calculate a 15% loss, you would be looking at 470 at fly wheel 400/.85 =470.59. and your lookig at 325 stock hp. Will need lid, fast 90 or 92 with matching TB., headers, high flow exhaust, really big cam, and a really good tune. maybe something like roller rockers and rev the engine a little higher.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Black
    2002 SS

I agree on the LSX.
    I put a 90 MM intake and T/B on my 02 SS and actually think it slowed the car in the 1/8th mile.
    Unless you are committed to a set of headers, cam and heads go nitrous with a variable kit for the best bang for your buck.
    Oh and buy a tuner

Dark
    05 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    no reason to buy a fast intake unless you have one hell of a head and cam package.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    A fast might hurt if you don't have the cam to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jambofla View Post
    I agree on the LSX.
    I put a 90 MM intake and T/B on my 02 SS and actually think it slowed the car in the 1/8th mile.
    Unless you are committed to a set of headers, cam and heads go nitrous with a variable kit for the best bang for your buck.
    Oh and buy a tuner
    A F.A.S.T. will not hurt you, never.... esp with a number goal in mind, you want every little bit to count and the fast will show more hp on a dyno over a stock manifold, whether it is a ls1 style where you will see major gains, or a ls6 gains, where gains will be smaller but still there....

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    well 400 is alot at wheels if you are a M 6 and calculate a 15% loss, you would be looking at 470 at fly wheel 400/.85 =470.59. and your lookig at 325 stock hp. Will need lid, fast 90 or 92 with matching TB., headers, high flow exhaust, really big cam, and a really good tune. maybe something like roller rockers and rev the engine a little higher.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    cam/heads, nitrous, or forced induction; your choice . . . it would be pretty tough to do it with just bolt ons
    all the bolt ons you should be looking at around 365-380 depending on the car.... sure nitrous is easy to hit a number, but i vote head/ cam package like some PRC 5.7's with a torquer V2 with full bolt ons you should be seeing 430 easily....

Thread Information