Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

How can u differ a reg T/A from a WS6

I have a 2002 black T/A with ram air hood and WS6 badge on the back, how can I know for sure if it is a real WS6 or a T/A with WS6 hood and badge?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Look for WU8 in the list of codes on the drivers door tag

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

it it somewhere else?...cause this car was repainted by the prev. owner and the shop painted over it!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

ouch, call SLP and ask them if it's a WS6 or not, the number is somewhere on the site in a thread like yours about real SS's. someone might stop in here with it eventually if you are patient enough to wait

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

thnks

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

check the top of this forum under the important annoucments, there is a thread about the differences

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    ouch, call SLP and ask them if it's a WS6 or not, the number is somewhere on the site in a thread like yours about real SS's. someone might stop in here with it eventually if you are patient enough to wait
    Nothing personal, but please resist the temptation to perpetuate mis-information about cars you don't own to make yourself appear smart.

#1, a "WU8" code on the door sticker says nothing about whether a "WS6" is real or not. "WS6" is the code that must be on the door sticker for the car to be "real".

#2, SLP hasn't done WS6s since '97. ASC did the WS6 conversions from '98-'02.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Check the glove box. There should be an option sticker in there as well and look for the WS6. You can try to remove the paint from the sticker to see if you can read it. You can check if it has the WS6 wheels and other specific parts also.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Last night i tried removing the paint and it worked somewhat...I could make out a WU8 but not a WS6. Ill work on it later on this morn. As for the wheels...mine has not the orig ones but 17 up front and 18 out back, chromed I believe 97-98 stock corvette wheels!

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Check the glove box. There should be an option sticker in there as well and look for the WS6. You can try to remove the paint from the sticker to see if you can read it. You can check if it has the WS6 wheels and other specific parts also.
    Does your '01 have that RPO code sticker in the glovebox? My '98 does not. My '94 Z28 'vert had the RPO sticker in the glovebox (not on the driver door), and I had thought GM moved that sticker to the door in the later years (a dumb, no, a REALLY FRIGGIN STUPID idea IMO). I'd be really suprised to hear that the RPO sticker moved back to the glove box.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

It has one (painted over) on the drivers door, have not checked on the glove box nor in the lid of the center console. Ive even seen them on the spare wheel well but have not checked there YET. For the record, it is a 00 T/A.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I just checked my 01 T/A and there isn't one in the glove box. I thought one of my T/A's had one in there.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

So the only one is in the door?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

It appears so. I didn't check the spare tire location and I don't remember seeing anything in there the last time I had it pulled apart. I did check the center console and there is nothing there either. So if you can't get the paint off enough to read it then you can call Pontiac to see if they can help at all. You can look into checking the sway bar sizes and suspension parts to see if there are any WS6 components and the flowmaster exhaust. My 02 WS6 also had a panel on the front inside part of the inner fender wells in the front of the rear tires where they were expaned for the bigger rear tires that regular T/A's don't have.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Did the WS6 came with flowmater exhaust? When I bought this car I noticed the exhaust sound was louder, and indeed this car has headers (duno if they are stock or not) and a complete borla system with no cats.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Hearders or Borla were not stock for a WS6. The WS6 had the low restriction exhaust which was a flowmaster system. You keep making it tougher to get it figured out! The WS6 is supposed to have a steering cooler also and not the T/A. Sounds like your probaly going to have to verify with the VIN with GM or ASCD to be positive.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

thnxs

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

I've also heard that (haven't actually done it myself) if you take your VIN to the Pontiac dealership service department, they can plug it into their data base and generate the RPO listing for your car. If that shows "WS6" then your car is a legit WS6.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's the shizzel right there!!!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I just called My local Pontiac dealer service department and they said the can look it up with the VIN.

Thread Information