Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Hey guys i a newbie and need some help

hey guys i have a 98 formula and i just bought some USED mid length MAC headers and Y pipe,

the car only has 40,000 miles and has no rust

im looking for overall good prices and reliable products

Where can i get good or lasting header gaskets?

where can i get some good Header Bolts?

Where can i get a O2 extension?

also this is my first time doing a header install so any good tips or do you guys know of any Good Install write ups?

also i know i have to take off the coil pack and spark plugs and wires, and disconect the steering shaft.....is there any thing else?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Your stock header bolts and gaskets will work if you want
    If you're weary get new MLS header gaskets. BTW not to knock you or anything but you will get much better gains with long tubes. If you want you can get corvette O2s, they are longer and its good maintenance to put in new ones.

Oh and welcome to the site

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I don't think you'll need O2 extensions with midlength headers. I also agree, consider long tube headers if you want a decent horsepower gain. Midlength headers will end up giving you about the same horsepower as the stock manifolds and they basically amount to an appearance mod vs a performance mod.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I don't think you'll need O2 extensions with midlength headers.
    Forgot about that
    not sure but i don't think its that far from stock

Red
    2001 ws6

call your local GM dealer and get a pair of stock gaskets, reuse your bolts and get long tubes. you can get the 02 extentions from mark at kyspeed www.kyspeed.com

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by rcorte3001 View Post
    hey guys i have a 98 formula and i just bought some USED mid length MAC headers and Y pipe,

the car only has 40,000 miles and has no rust

im looking for overall good prices and reliable products

Where can i get good or lasting header gaskets?

where can i get some good Header Bolts?

Where can i get a O2 extension?

also this is my first time doing a header install so any good tips or do you guys know of any Good Install write ups?

also i know i have to take off the coil pack and spark plugs and wires, and disconect the steering shaft.....is there any thing else?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

Agree on what has been stated already. The stock GM exhaust gaskets are your best choice. I went with Stage 8 locking bolts on our car. I wasn't real impressed with the lock tabs and ended up modifying most of them for better contact. At 40,000 miles and 12 years old, it may not be a bad idea to replace your O2 sensors. The Bosch 13111 sensor comes with a real long wire harness and no extensions are required, even with longtubes.

As to the header install, there are a couple of fairly recent threads in the External Engine section of the Board. First thing you want to do is remove the coil packs to give yourself some room to work. I would also recommend popping up the plastic pins that hold your cowl seal in place as they will quickly shred your hands. Remove plug no. 8 from underneath the car as that is your best access. Some have had difficulty removing their oil dipstick tube. I popped ours out of the block with a small flatblade screwdriver -- but I also removed the starter for more room too. To install LT's, I had to nip the lip of the driver side k-member with a grinder to gain a bit more clearance. If you pull your ignition wires off the coils, make sure you hear a double "click" upon reinstallation. You'll know what I mean when you do it. If I think of anything else, I'll post it up.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Jusst get new gm gaskets there cheap. Forget 02 extesions just get Vette 02 sensors they are longer and fit great with LT's so should work fine with mid lenght, suprized factory doesn't fit since their only mids. Stage 8 locking header bolts are mny preference. get it all at ws6store where all my bolt ons and suspension came from and they price match even ebay prices. I got my KYB AGX's for $350 shipped. ordered the sway bars andsprings, new lca' and a panhard while I was at it. Just need a stall and cam
    Last edited by Cutlass; 04-29-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: removed non-sponsor direct link
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information