Thread: !Help!

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

!Help!

I have a 2002 WS6 with 28k on it and it's in pristine condition. I was thinking about doing a LS376/525HP crate engine transplant. I want some opinions on whether I'm desecrating the car by doing that. Pros? Cons? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

depends on your point of view really. You could have the best of both worlds if you keep all the stock parts so it can be returned to stock later on if that's what someone wanted. For me personally I enjoy a modded car so that's what I did.....I could care less about value 40 years from now as I'll be deader than hell by then. I'll let my son worry about that when he's trying to track down all the stock parts that I sold off and got rid of.

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I just want to smoke by buddy's 2011 Vette Grand Sport but just found out he's sending it to Hennesy.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

spray the shit out of it

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

If its bone stock personally I wouldn't touch it...I mean, 28k miles? that things worth a lot of money! And everything on it is still in fantastic running condition.

But if alot of things have already been modified than hell you could just Drop an LS9 in there And orions right, keep the stock parts in case you wanna put them back on

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Get ready for a lot more work than just an engine swap. Plan on upgrading the suspension and drivetrain too, cause the stock stuff will not handle that power. Figure on a new rear end, driveshaft, panhard bar, torque arm, tranny upgrade, shocks, springs, sub-frame connectors, exhaust, ect.. If you've got the budget, go for it. Otherwise, keep the car as is.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Upon purchasing our car in 2009, my intention was to keep it bone stock. Then I joined this site and found all sorts of ways to spend $$ on upgrades. I now have a pile of stock parts tucked away in my lower garage and a car that runs great on the street and even better at the track.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

A warning though, once the mod bug bites it's hard to shake off.....

Thread Information