81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

headlight and right turn signal issue

my left headlight does not come up but the light still turns, on thats it. and my right turn signal does not blink. i have check my fuses for both of the issues and changed my bulb for the turn signal but nothing seems to work. any ideas how to fix it

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

My right turn signal just quit working too. The light in the dash just stays on and doesnt blink or make the clicking noise.

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

yup do u know what could be wrong

11 F350 CC 6.7L

no clue. I'll mess around with it this weekend.

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

maybe u will have some luck cuz i have tryed every thing to my knowledge

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

sounds like you need to replace your flasher module. You said you replaced the bulb, correct? I recently had some turn signal issues such as this, and it turned out to be nothing more than the turn signal flasher. You can buy one at Pep-Boys or any auto-store. The flasher is usually located behind the lower part of the dashboard, underneath the steering column. You will probably have to remove that part of the dash to access it. It's about an inch and a half long plastic cyclinder. Just unplug the old one, and pop the new one in. That hopefully will fix the signal problem. Not sure about the headlight though. Sorry!

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

usually the turn signals quit blinking due to a bulb being burned out.
    For the headlight make sure all your connections are tight,they should be ,but if you cant get it to come up try turning the manual raise knob up and then down and try it again. You can also try pulling up on the headlight while you turn the light on and see if it takes off that way.If it does then you need to replace the gear inside the motor.

11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinWs6 View Post
    sounds like you need to replace your flasher module. You said you replaced the bulb, correct? I recently had some turn signal issues such as this, and it turned out to be nothing more than the turn signal flasher. You can buy one at Pep-Boys or any auto-store. The flasher is usually located behind the lower part of the dashboard, underneath the steering column. You will probably have to remove that part of the dash to access it. It's about an inch and a half long plastic cyclinder. Just unplug the old one, and pop the new one in. That hopefully will fix the signal problem. Not sure about the headlight though. Sorry!
    Yeah the light in the dash and the actuall lights come on... just dont blink. I'll have to check out that module. Thanks!

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

thanks im going to try that

Heinz

Pewter
    2001 TA WS6

i went through like 5 bulbs in 3 months in houston during the summer. It was raining all summer and what i found out was that the water gets in and burns out the bulb. The signal flasher and module and all that business might work but i just found it to be water. Make sure your connection is solid to the opening in your turn signal and if you want to try bulb grease it keeps out the moisture. Moisture basically is what I found it to be

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

ketchup, that bulb grease sounds like a great idea. I had never heard of that before, but it would probably come in really handy. I also have had to replace a few bulbs because of water getting in and frying the bulb. unfortunatley it hasn't happened lately... it hasn't rained here in cincinnati in about 4 1/2 months!! let us know how the signal/lighting problems go though guys.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    i went through like 5 bulbs in 3 months in houston during the summer. It was raining all summer and what i found out was that the water gets in and burns out the bulb. The signal flasher and module and all that business might work but i just found it to be water. Make sure your connection is solid to the opening in your turn signal and if you want to try bulb grease it keeps out the moisture. Moisture basically is what I found it to be
    Hey Ketchup, I've had your same problem! I've gone through so many turn signal bulbs. I sorta live south of Sugarland and when it rains, moisture definitely gets in through my cracked Turn Signal Lens. That cold water hitting that hot bulb just makes it explode. I've found that you either need to replace the lens or just seal it up with 60 second epoxy (which is what I did and no more leaks!).

Also, due to relevance to this post... Definitely check your flasher module. Once you replace it, it should start working.

Thread Information