white
    1998 WS6 M6

headlight help please

ok guys i need your help. im having trouble with my passenger headlight, it had trouble going up so i always had to help it up manually then it would go up no prob. so i decided to take out the headlight motor an hit the 4 metal prongs that hold the motor to the base. after it was all done i put everything back together turned the lights on an the drivers side went up an the passenger went down. when i would turn the lights it would be opposite. i thought i messed up the motor somehow but hitting it so i went to autozone an got a rebuilt headlight motor put it in and it did the same thing. does anyone have a clue why its doing that???

also i noticed that when i had the lights on and both lights up. (the passenger light i put up manualy) that the drivers side light was brighter then the passenger an when i put the brights on the passenger lights shut off an the drivers stayed on.

Im stumped to why its doing this, any help is appreciated. thanx
    -Half Throttle Racing-

white
    1998 WS6 M6

anyone??

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

reverse the bar that attaches to the motor. hopefully you have it on backwards. did you mess with any of the wires?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

actually, you put the motor in backwards. if im reading it right you pulled the motor casing off the "transmission" you put something back together wrong. dont worry, simple fix. the motor is a 2 way. run voltage one way it goes up, run it the other way it goes down. either pull the 2 wires out of the connector that go to the motor (pull on the motor side) and flip them. or cut em both and flip them. so red goes to black and black to red.

white
    1998 WS6 M6

v8- i havent touched any wires. as far as the motor goin in backwards im pretty sure it can only go one way. im just confused because i got the new motor and it does the same thing

Red
    1998, A4, T-TOP, Trans Am

I am curious about this too.

Last week my passenger side headlight went up when I turned on the lights but not down when I turned them off. I had to manually put it back down with an allen wrench. When I put it back down I tested it a few times by turnning the lights off and on and it worked fine.

This past Thursday I got to work and the passenger side didn't go down again. So I manually put it down, tested it a couple of times and it worked fine. The next day, yesterday, it did the same thing.

I did take the headlight apart a while back and put one of the brass gears in it but that was like last August.

white
    1998 WS6 M6

FIXED IT! not sure what happen but i put the old motor back in and it worked. the only thing is that now my bright doesnt work on the passenger side, anyone have ideas??

Black
    1999 Firebird

not trying to sound like an ahole but did you check the wire for the light it came unplugged on me just enough where the light didn't work when i took my headlight motor out and that worked for me or you could have a problem like i did with my regular headlight which i just needed a new one

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

The connector is corroded. Clean and grease and put together FIRMLY. You might have to ziptie it together.

white
    1998 WS6 M6

the wire is connected to the light and ill try to clean up the connector an see if that does the trick!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by WSICK View Post
    the wire is connected to the light and ill try to clean up the connector an see if that does the trick!
    The connector is the giant plug in the bumper. The one that connects the motor and the headlight harness.

If one side isnt properly pushed in. It will cause the other side to act wierd.

white
    1998 WS6 M6

thanx

Thread Information