Triple Black
    1998 Trans Am WS.7 Vert

Headlight enclosure

My passenger side headlight shield occasionally catches on the hood and only goes up about 2". I checked out the enclosure and it's kinda beat up, like the black plastic shroud around the headlights has a lot of play to it. The screws to adjust the angle of the lights on the low beams aren't threaded into anything and the shroud itself has a couple small cracks in it. I know the guy that I bought the car from hit something at very low speed and it dented the shield a bit. I wanted to just replace the entire assembly but I'm having trouble finding the parts new. Any suggestions?

I suppose I could just replace the shroud and the shield instead but as I said, can't seem to find the parts. I emailed the closest Pontiac/GMC/Buick dealership but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm not done searching yet though .

Also, how difficult is it to replace? I'm decent when it comes to working on my car (with help, I replaced the head gasket in my old 5.0 Rustang) but I haven't had to mess with the popup headlights before. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

black
    2002 WS6

It's pretty easy to do. Do get the cover off you have to cycle the lights a couple of time to get the screws holding it on. Then the rest is pretty self explanitory.

Yea the trim piece around the lights has a lot of ply in it, Mine is the same way. If you can;t find new, call a few salvage yards and see what they have in stock.

Thread Information