Thread: headers

Red
    2002 ws-6 trans am

headers

Im looking at buying some headers this week for my 02 ws-6 and i have the slp loud mouth that came stock on the car i was wondering when i get the headers will they just bolt on to that exhaust and what diameter should i get and which headers are the best bang for your buck

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I went with 1-7/8" Kooks on our car. If you plan on later engine mods, such as a cam, definitely go 1-7/8". Lots of debate on here about the difference between 1-3/4" and 1-7/8", with the majority falling in favor of the larger tubes.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

When you buy long tubes, you have to buy a new ypipe, whether its catted or not, is up to you. The stock ypipe will not bolt up to long tubes though.

Also, the Loudmouth did not come stock on the car. That was an upgrade a previous owner must have done.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am

alot of people say Pacesetters are the best bang fo the buck headers but there is all so alot of different choice to go with. i would deff. stay away from SLP headers tho due to the fact they suck a** installng and the lowest ground clearence on the market

White
    1998 Trans Am

Love my QTP header's. They look and fit well. Y pipe hangs a little low especially when I lowered my car.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Love my QTP header's. They look and fit well. Y pipe hangs a little low especially when I lowered my car.
    Ditto!

My QTP headers were a great fit. In my case the mufflers are the closest to the ground as I have a TD setup dumped at the axle but I didn't want the bottom of the car in the rear seat area hammered up for clearance. I'm not lowered and as long as I'm careful I don't have a problem.

Se sig for mods...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Follow the above advice, you'll be fine. I ended up with Hooker ceramic coated, and their ORY, the fit is good, even higher than the stock Y-pipe.

This is the first question I had when I joined, everyone said to stay away from SLP headers. I had one of their glossy product magazines in my hands, they were claiming like 45 HP if I put their ill-fitting, low hanging long tube headers on.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Follow the above advice, you'll be fine. I ended up with Hooker ceramic coated, and their ORY, the fit is good, even higher than the stock Y-pipe.

This is the first question I had when I joined, everyone said to stay away from SLP headers. I had one of their glossy product magazines in my hands, they were claiming like 45 HP if I put their ill-fitting, low hanging long tube headers on.
    you forgot the fine print (45 HP gain with installation of SLP stickers.

..but on a serious note, i love my pacesetters. although i heard of some people on here awhile back buying the ebay special headers..and they were 100 somethin dollars? never heard BAD reviews but most people had just bought them and had not yet had the chance too install and give an honest review about them.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    you forgot the fine print (45 HP gain with installation of SLP stickers.

..but on a serious note, i love my pacesetters. although i heard of some people on here awhile back buying the ebay special headers..and they were 100 somethin dollars? never heard BAD reviews but most people had just bought them and had not yet had the chance too install and give an honest review about them.

Silly me. I forgot I had to put the sticker on for the extra HP!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I'll be installing my ebay special headers later this week and I'll post my install thoughts and comments when I do, I'm going to take her out to the track on wednesday night before I put them in to get a good baseline after the suspension and driveline upgrades.

Black
    2001 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by UH60Driver View Post
    I'll be installing my ebay special headers later this week and I'll post my install thoughts and comments when I do, I'm going to take her out to the track on wednesday night before I put them in to get a good baseline after the suspension and driveline upgrades.
    +1 on that. They are great and easy to install

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

My vote goes to Texas speed. Theyre 1 7/8", ceramic coated and they're about half the price of kooks. although Kooks are stainless some people get ceramic to trap the heat a little more. 500 will get you them.

Here's mine

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

Silly me. I forgot I had to put the sticker on for the extra HP!
    well there ya go.

go buy SLP stuff get the stickers, apply, and FEEL the powa.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Ive had pacesetter long tubes on my car 7 years now and only some surface dust here and there. The coating has held up very well.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

My 02 has Ebay headers and they look good but they were already there when I bought the car. I put pacesetters on my 98 and the install was a breeze, I just had to bang the firewall on the drivers side a bit but aside that they slid right in and bolted right up with no troubles. The coating is coming off a bit but I don't mind.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I have the Pacesetter LTs and the pacesetter ORY, they look great and tucked up nice. Im lowered and I rarely scrape. Best bang for your buck IMO.

Thread Information