Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

had anyone done the h4 conversion for their headlights?

ive been looking at all these universal 4x6 h4 conversion kits for the headlights and i know id have to buy the h4 female harness and do some wiring myself but i think the only obstacle that would be an issue is the bulb its self...its a hi/low bulb...so this detail has stumped me i would love to be able to buy bulbs and quit buying the H4703 housing, and i dont really wanna do an HID kit...input anyone?

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

hmmmm...tell me more, maybe some pix? im interested in the HID kit as well...anything different from what there is right now, stock lights suckkk

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

the 'kit' he's talking about is merely an empty plastic housing that uses the replacement bulb inserts rather than the entire sealed beam glass unit. As far as low/high beam goes, personally i'd wire those babies up so BOTH lights on each side run their low filament on lowbeam, and both run their highbeam filament on high, that would make for a heck of a lot better lighting at night.

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

yea thats actually a good idea, ULTRA f'n bright...especially with some after mkt bulbs in em

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

eurolights.com

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
    yea thats actually a good idea, ULTRA f'n bright...especially with some after mkt bulbs in em
    Heck yea man. There's a company out there that sells a relay/wiring kit to do that to just about any vehicle out there with stock lighting. They originally only did it for GM Trucks that had separate glass bulbs for high/low lighting. Buy their kit and when you're on low beam, only the lows are lit, but hit highbeam and both high/low are lit. Makes a hell of a difference after dark. And now they make the kit for just about anything, even my ranger truck. Runs like one or two hundred bucks (of course with some simple wiring it'd be easy as heck to do) but either way, it's out there.

Silver
    98 A4 TA

If you can find some lens housings that will accept an aftermarket bulb, there's an ebay store that sells the bulb/ballast/wiring conversion kit for 140 shipped or less, in any size, any color temperature. You'll need 2 kits for all 4 lights, and if you get one hi and one low-beam, it'll cost less than 150 (in H4 bulb size). And they've got a 1-year warranty on all the parts. I've been using a 10,000K H3 bulb kit in my low beams that I got from them for $90 shipped, and it's been good for a long time.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/justpl...iQ2floQQsofpZ0

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    the 'kit' he's talking about is merely an empty plastic housing that uses the replacement bulb inserts rather than the entire sealed beam glass unit. As far as low/high beam goes, personally i'd wire those babies up so BOTH lights on each side run their low filament on lowbeam, and both run their highbeam filament on high, that would make for a heck of a lot better lighting at night.
    how could i do this? is their a sealed beam unit that would fit our cars that has both High and low filaments inside?

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Kalepsis View Post
    If you can find some lens housings that will accept an aftermarket bulb, there's an ebay store that sells the bulb/ballast/wiring conversion kit for 140 shipped or less, in any size, any color temperature. You'll need 2 kits for all 4 lights, and if you get one hi and one low-beam, it'll cost less than 150 (in H4 bulb size). And they've got a 1-year warranty on all the parts. I've been using a 10,000K H3 bulb kit in my low beams that I got from them for $90 shipped, and it's been good for a long time.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/justpl...iQ2floQQsofpZ0
    do you know exactly what kit i would need? all i see are hi/lo bulbs and nothing else

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by '00T/A View Post
    how could i do this? is their a sealed beam unit that would fit our cars that has both High and low filaments inside?
    The kit he's talking about replaces your stock glass sealed beam lights with new, empty plastic housings that have the opening in the back where you provide the headlight bulbs. Just buy bulbs with both high and low beam filaments, and the necessary wiring.

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

The kit he's talking about replaces your stock glass sealed beam lights with new, empty plastic housings that have the opening in the back where you provide the headlight bulbs. Just buy bulbs with both high and low beam filaments, and the necessary wiring.
    where can i find these housings? do you know of the company?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Here's one that doesn't fit the LS1 cars, but it'll give you an idea about what I'm talking about.

Projector Style

Halo Style

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Here's one that doesn't fit the LS1 cars, but it'll give you an idea about what I'm talking about.

Projector Style

Halo Style
    cool, do you know of any that will fit the ls1? or are these lights intended to be adapted to our setup?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

All they are is an empty housing for a twist-in bulb. You'd have to come up with wiring on your own I think. Its not any kind of bolt in kit, just a universal (standard 4x6 or 6x7 etc) size housing and a raw plug for whichever brand of H4 Bulb you want to use. I believe the wiring may even already be plug-n-play, I honestly have no clue. Either way, splicing into the wires wouldn't be all that difficult.

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

what about sylvania silverstars? would you say thier worth buying? untill i figure this thing out?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by '00T/A View Post
    what about sylvania silverstars? would you say thier worth buying? untill i figure this thing out?

I have them in my car and my truck. My mom runs them in her car, and as soon as my work van or my dads truck blow a bulb, they'll be going in them too. I've had them in nearly every vehicle I've owned. I also read on here other peoples opinions confirming mine, they are about the best drop-in replacement out there.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Silverstars are great
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

black
    01 ws6

what size is our housing? 4 by 6 ?20 bucks + 99 for the harness is pretty cheap !

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    what size is our housing? 4 by 6 ?20 bucks + 99 for the harness is pretty cheap !

well, 20$ x 4, and then this 99$ harness you speak of, and then you need to buy bulbs and if you're going to do that you might as well go for best of the best and get silverstar ultras, so theres another 40-50 bucks per PAIR so you're lookin at roughly 300 bucks probably by the time its all said and done. Pretty expensive mod when it boils right down to it.

black
    01 ws6

no the harness conversion is 99 w/ HID bulbs of whatever color you want and you dont need to do the high beams, i rarely use them anyways
    so 20$ + 99 = 120 for whatever color HID u want

Thread Information