Thread: H/C or TT?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Question H/C or TT?

Right know I am at a cross roads. I can either do ported LS6 head, FAST 90/90, 224 cam, LT's or I could just get an LS6 intake and get a APS turbo system(with injectors, pump, valve springs,ect) they both have there advantages the turbo is more $ but it also has more HP. I have a new Viper T56 tranny with spec 3 clutch, free mods, and lid. Also when would a 12 bolt become a necessity? Your options would really be appreciated.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

H/C or TT will eventually need a rearend.

I recommend single turbo if you go turbo route. Fitting twins is tough, and a properly picked out single will make the same power. Plus, the heat with twins gets up there.

Is your transmission stock? Not sure what you mean when you say Viper tranny.

Are you on the stock bottom end?? If so, you will want to keep the boost down unless you lower the compression with some different heads.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/sdetail/10350
    tranny

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tt.htm
    turbo system at 7.5 psi

its stock bottom end. the guy at APS said I sould not have to get forged bottom until 550RWHP. but i could always get at least forged pistons to be safe.
    Last edited by Madcity T/A; 08-15-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Right but with the turbos, if you go any higher on boost you will also need to change the comp ratio, i would go with the head and cam, then later on change out the internals and put a forced induction setup. Not to mention if you use a turbo kit you wont have as many problems as you would if you put your own together but you also wont make as much power.

Thread Information