Thread: Guam

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Guam

Ok, I just thought I would let you guys know there are a few of us in these outer islands that love the brids too. We are trying to get an official car club together and today was our first meet. Here are the 4 of us that showed up.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Wow, that's cool, a club as far away as Guam! Good looking cars. Is it hard for you guys to get parts shipped?
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

red

I agree good job on the get together...Maybe invite the camaro guys over so you'll have a bigger group. I see those DOD stickers so most of you are stationed there?
    1996 Z28 LT-1 (with basic bolt-on)

Black
    2000 WS6

Good looking rides. I was stationed in Guam back in the early 90's (Finneguyan) U.S. Navy but lived in Anderson AFB.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by muteki View Post
    Ok, I just thought I would let you guys know there are a few of us in these outer islands that love the brids too. We are trying to get an official car club together and today was our first meet. Here are the 4 of us that showed up.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    dang that place is pretty

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Out of the group only one is military, that is the all black WS-6. He is also am member atthis forum, but I am not sure of his handle. The blue T/A is a military contract worker, so he needs the sticker for base access. The blue 97 WS-6, he works out in town, I don't know what he does. The white hooded WS-9 is mine. Yes, I am planning to paint it and fix the rear damaged quaterpanel when I sell the V-6. I am ex-military. There is a silver WS-6, but he didn't make it today. There are about 5 or 6 relular Firebirds, but we didn't give them notice since I don't know the owners with the exception of mine, but I cobviously cant drive two cars at once.

As a group we are currently looking into making an actually F-Body club for the island. It was just a last minute thing as a couple of us were having lunch the day before. We are planning to start having regular meets and start having BBQs and stuff like that. Since the American muscle pool is small here, we plan to even include our nemesis the Mustang guys. The way its will be American muscle Vs. Ricers at the track, cause right now it looks like a free for all.

Also, I used to own a T-Shirt and sticker line. The guy I sold it to said he would make the shirts and sticker for the club at cost if I allow him to run his sponser logos on it. That will give the car club a chance to make a little money to provide refreashments at some of the functions and stuff. I got some awesome designs up and coming. Ill post pictures when its finalized. I even plan to do a neutral one for people that live in the mainland US can enjoy if they want one.

BTW, yes I am very familar with Finagayan, Big Navy and AAFB. Thanks for the compliments on the park, I try to enjoy the eye candy when I can. Shipping parts isnt too bad. Summit and Auto Zone ship for free since there are no local dealers. The only drawback is it takes 5-10 days to get here. Most of the engine componets are at the local dealer for emergencies. I have 5 cars, so it the T/A ever went down, I can wait until the part I want arrives.
    Last edited by muteki; 08-24-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Left out a comment

Dark Blue
    1998 LS1

Lol, in all actuality, I'm retired Air Force. Mine's the dark blue TA in the pics. I work construction and most of our jobs are on the bases here and my retiree status gets me on and off, etc. Yep, in my opinion Guam is the best kept secret west of Hawaii. Been here going on three years and I don't think I'll ever leave. The car is the last I'll ever have and is a restoration soon to be in progress. I'm not a spring chicken, neither is she but she can be made prettier, I can't, lol. The guys and gals here are great and there are a LOT of nice cars here. Muteki chased me down one day (easy to do, my fuel pump is going out) and we talked about getting together and lo and behold, there we were last weekend. It was great, I really enjoyed it and I think the others did, too. When we went for the Hotel Road run thru Tumon, I think for once, more pictures got taken of our cars by the tourists than the coconut trees!

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

i bet it is great living there,how expensive is the real estate

Dark Blue
    1998 LS1

Stangslayer,

(like that name!) Real estate is slowly going up due to the military expansion planned over the next few years. A better person to ask would be Muteki, he is really into the real estate stuff here.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, I got a few pieces of property and considering getting my real estate license, since I seem to always be 'hooking my friends up'....lol

It really all depends what you are looking for. If you want something that is an average 3 bedroom house with a decent travel time to the main cities, you are looking at about $120k~$160k, expected to go up about 20% by 2012 when the marines are relocated to Guam.

Now if you are looking for cliffline ocean view...the sky is the limit. I got a steal on my property, due to a near forclosure and in the right place at the right time. But, I have seen lots in upwards of a million and that is just a lot without a house or amenities. Its a small island so the choice lots are usually a wallet battle especially in our tourist area. If you are serious, PM me and let me know what you are thinking and your budget. If I have my license already, Ill help you out. If I dont have it, I will introduce you to a friend of mine, she is a doll.....and hot! heheh

black
    1998 trans am

nice flock of ta's..good to here its going to be a american muscle car club... me and my friends want to start a club but we are gonna accept anybody that wants in,dont matter wat car they drive ..its gonna be my ta,a 74 ss nova, 99 z28 camaro, and 03 cady cts.. but we still need to think of a name good look w/ the club man

Thread Information