Thread: Good buy?

mcG

Good buy?

A friend of mine is considering selling me her car. It's a black 2002 WS6, t-tops, 6-spd, leather, loudmouth exhaust, chrome wheels, and has 12,800 miles. She hardly ever drives it and says its basically brand new (she bought it new). The only problems I remember her having was with the shift fork. She said she would probably sell it to me for a little over 20k.

I have always loved ws6's. I've previously owned an 82 t/a with the Knight Rider exterior conversion, and a 97 v6 firebird. I just graduated and am working full time and want to buy a nice car (all of my cars have had over 100k miles on them lol).

Sound like a good buy?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

jesus- 12k on the clock and she has a shift fork problem!?!?!? was she off-roading for the last 3 years? Anyway, at 3 years old is it still under warrenty?

mcG
    not yet sure of the details, but i think there was some kind of problem with the shifter from the factory. not sure about the warranty either i'll have to ask about that as well.

mcG
    she got the shift fork replaced by the dealer a few years ago. the only problem she says is that when it's really cold out it will be hard to shift, but after about 10 minutes the problem goes away.

hopefully going to go drive it this weekend.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Formula hardtop

eh, i think thats a bit on the pricey side. i bought a 2002 Camaro SS w/ t-tops and 9k miles on it for $19k, in march 2003, from a dealership. granted, WS6 T/As are generally more expensive than Camaro SSs, but you can get a better deal.

today, i wouldn't pay more than $16-17k for any 98-02 f-body unless it was either an EXTREMELY low mileage car (talking less than 3k miles), or a fully loaded, low mileage, great condition firehawk or collector edition TA. it's not extremely difficult to find an LS1 f-body with 12k miles or less.

Thread Information