Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Going to look at a ws6 tomorrow!

Ok guys heres the deal, Im going to go check out this ws6 for sale about 3 hours away from my house! I Spoke to the guy on the phone earlier and the car is great looking inside and out he says, pictures say so too. The owner said he had it 3 years and only put 5k miles on it, it was his project car. It has 115k miles on it and he said straight up, that it hasnt been started in awhile, im thinking a month or 2. What do i need to be looking for/checking on this car to make sure its in good condition to work, and to drive back (thats my biggest concern). What should i check inside, outside, under the hood, etc... If this thing is a go im going to be taking it home with me! Cant wait.

black with silver
    2001 pontiac trans am ws6

check the struts and make sure they are original and not welded. also make sure they're not rust.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Guide to Buying a Fbody

I would like to add some things to that list, but its an old thread. Thats a pretty good starting point for you though. Good luck

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

thanks i just read all through that. if i go and pick that car up tomorrow its going to be driving back a good 250 miles, i dont want it to break down or anything go wrong, should i look or listen for things while im test driving it to make sure?

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Question

So how'd it go....Did you buy it?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Never went, the plans fell through so we are going friday morning now. We were gunna put it on a flat bed and haul it back but those plans fell through also lol. So we have to drive it back 200+ miles. I think it should be ok

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Since the car has been sitting, look for dry rot on the tires. Don't want to drive too far with that...

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

thanks, were going to go over every little thing on it before we drive it back

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

so we went down yesterday and checked it out.. we ended up leaving with it!!! The car is overall in good shape and we got it for 8k. It needs a little bit of TLC, front bumpers cracked, parking lights are cracked, one headlight flickers, right rear light has water damage. Those are the small things, a few kinda more major things are the rear end is seeping a little and the right rear suspension or something over there is messed up, when u go about 50+ it starts shaking like hell, we had to stop and switch it back to the stock ws6 rim and tire and it still shaked like hell... It has lowering spring, corvette wheels, pacesetter headers and hooker exhaust. Other than that its a nice car. The interior is basically flawless that was one of my likes. The exhaust isnt very loud though, u can only hear it when u get on the gas. Would a cattlytic converter make it a little louder and make an x pipe?? need some help im not to up-to-date on my car stuff yet.

Edit : o ya it sounds like it has a nasty exhaust leak too. We are going next week to get it checked out, in the mean time, wash and wax
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 03-20-2010 at 06:51 AM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    Would a cattlytic converter make it a little louder and make an x pipe??
    Congrats on the car!! No a cat won't make the exhaust louder and a cat won't make an x pipe ???
    I'm not sure what you were meant by make an x pipe? Must be a few words missing

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Congrats on the buy. What year is it? Shouldn't take to long to get it back to perfect.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

haha sorry about the typo, i meant to say "maybe an x pipe" instead of make, haha. Its a 2000. I cleaned it up inside and out and in the engine bay today real nice, im going to clean the engine bay some more tomorrow. Thanks guys

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Congrats on the purchase
    You can only do an X pipe if you have true duals. As for the shake, is there any kind of aftermarket suspension other than the springs? Check all the bolts. Sometimes people don't use loctite when they put on aftermarket equiptment, and bolts will shake loose.
    Is there a crack in the lens with water damage? Post up some pics of the problem areas, and we can walk you through it

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

ok gotcha i understand the x pipe now. Theres isnt a crack on it thats noticable but ill look again and ill definately get some pics up soon, thanks man!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Heres the light, its the right one obviously..

And here is the car.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Okay, judging by those pics, you have some issues. First off, something seems to be missing in the hatch area. I'll compare it to my car when I get home, but I don't recall a gap over my tail light housing. Also, the rear bumper is a little off where it meets the quarter panel, but this can happen on it's own over time.
    The other concern is the driver side bumper gap at the fender. It's hard to tell for sure without seeing it in person, but is there a half inch gap there?
    And on a monor note, level your exhaust tips
    Overall the car seems pretty straight, but if you can't line the panels up on your own, you may want to have a local shop throw it on a frame bench and pull some measurements. Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

red
    1999 trans am ws6

sweet!!

I hope u get it bro!! There's nothing like a ws6.. I'm 16 and I got one for my 1st car. Its a thrill to drive n a beautie in the garage.. Just make sure u check to see if its totalled (if you care).. If so, long as its in good shape. Good luck, hope you get it

Blackshirt Member SactownHuskers's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sloner2 View Post
    I hope u get it bro!! There's nothing like a ws6.. I'm 16 and I got one for my 1st car. Its a thrill to drive n a beautie in the garage.. Just make sure u check to see if its totalled (if you care).. If so, long as its in good shape. Good luck, hope you get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    so we went down yesterday and checked it out.. we ended up leaving with it!!!
    Think you might have missed a post or two... lol
    Half cocked, Full Throttle!
    2001 Black Trans Am WS6 M6
    1986 383 Stroker Red Chevrolet Camaro
    2006 Blue Kawasaki ZX6R 636

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Okay, judging by those pics, you have some issues. First off, something seems to be missing in the hatch area. I'll compare it to my car when I get home, but I don't recall a gap over my tail light housing. Also, the rear bumper is a little off where it meets the quarter panel, but this can happen on it's own over time.
    The other concern is the driver side bumper gap at the fender. It's hard to tell for sure without seeing it in person, but is there a half inch gap there?
    And on a monor note, level your exhaust tips
    Overall the car seems pretty straight, but if you can't line the panels up on your own, you may want to have a local shop throw it on a frame bench and pull some measurements. Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
    yes i kno its missing some king of plastic piece because the other side has one.. i didnt notice the rear bumper thanks lol. and the reason that big gap is on the bumper to the fender is because the front bumper is cracked and torn in mutiple areas, easy fix. thanks tho man i really appreciate it! I need all the help i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by SactownHuskers View Post
    Think you might have missed a post or two... lol
    haha ya it looks like he didnt read all the way through

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Looks pretty good to me! Now more more more more pics! Congrats!

Thread Information