black
    01 WS6

Going crazy over my WS6 "help"

Ok, so i just detailed my WS6, and was planning on bringing it 2 the dealership monday cause its been locking up it first gear alot, now i only have 23,000 miles of the dam thing, so first off what do ya'll think is going on there?? Well now my sister goes and rams my dam car in the driver side!! So now i have 2 bring it 2 the body shop.. So now i'm worrying that if i get only get part of the car painted it will be a miss match r 1 side will stand out more.... So do i need 2 get the hole car painted with a show quality paint job?? Now after thinking it over i have wanted 2 get it painted latey so some good might come out of this.. WHat do u think???

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

that sucks

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

a good body shop, you won't even know the difference.

NBM
    99 TA

on a black car with that mileage, you shouldn't notice the difference. I had my ram air hood painted on my NBM car at around 70,000KM and everyone told me it wouldnt match and they would have to blend the fenders... We put it on and it was perfect!

I wouldnt worry about it, dont go spending 3000+ on a new paint job (unless of course your sis wants to pay for it )

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Had my 3rd gen Camaro painted from the doors forward.. he used the stock color and you can't tell a thing... said those paints don't fade (It was 13 years old at that point with 130+k miles. If its a decent shop.. you'll be fine. Sorry about your luck though.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Red
    '02 WS6

I believe the bigger issue is the transmission, A4 or M6?

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Jims455 View Post
    I believe the bigger issue is the transmission, A4 or M6?
    m6.... I just got back from the dealer ship, and they said i need a master cylinder and a slave, i also needed my driver side window fixed.... Said it would be 1,250 for parts and install, sounds alittle high 2 me?? Like i said it locks up when i try 2 back up, and jumps alittle and dies, and sometimes in first,but when i'm going down the road its fine, i just can't trust a dealership for the life of me

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

That is high. I got master, slave and a new clutch installed for 1200 including parts.

Red
    '02 WS6

Dealerships will generally be a lot higher then yuor run of the mill garage, but then you may get what you pay for also. Ask around town for an individual or a dealer mech that could do the work on the side.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Thats because they get the parts at retail, but charge "List Price" instead of retrail.. (I work at a part store) So the prices are already inflated at the stealerships....

black
    01 WS6

Well i went ahead and told them 2 fix it.... Now i have not made it 2 the body shop yet, but do u think i'll be able to get a new driver side door being that this one has holes in it, cause if thats the case i need to tell the dearship to not fix my driver side window if i'm getting a new door, shit for 6 years its never even seen a shop, and now its all at once... That GTO sitting on the lot is looking better and better, lol!

black
    01 WS6

So where in the hell is my body shop going 2 find me a new door?? I've been looking around the net and can't seem 2 find 1..

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

They may not replace the whole door, depending on how much damage was done. If they're only going to replace the outside panel, then you'll still have to get the window fixed. If they're going to be replacing the entire door, then of course don't waste the money at the dealership for getting them to fix the window.

If you haven't dropped the car off at the dealership yet and if it's still driveable, take it to a body shop and see what they think of the door. Get them to give you a printed quote, and that will tell you what parts they think need to be replaced (as far as the door goes). At that point you can decide if you want them to go ahead and do it or if you just want the dealership to take care of everything while they have it.

If your car is at the dealership already being fixed, I'd call up and ask whoever's working on it if they think the entire door needs to be replaced or not.

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99_natural_beauty View Post
    They may not replace the whole door, depending on how much damage was done. If they're only going to replace the outside panel, then you'll still have to get the window fixed. If they're going to be replacing the entire door, then of course don't waste the money at the dealership for getting them to fix the window.

If you haven't dropped the car off at the dealership yet and if it's still driveable, take it to a body shop and see what they think of the door. Get them to give you a printed quote, and that will tell you what parts they think need to be replaced (as far as the door goes). At that point you can decide if you want them to go ahead and do it or if you just want the dealership to take care of everything while they have it.

If your car is at the dealership already being fixed, I'd call up and ask whoever's working on it if they think the entire door needs to be replaced or not.
    thanks for the info, yea it is already at the dealership, and they said if i were 2 get a new door they would take all the parts out of the old 1, now he could be just blowing crap up my ass, but i told him 2 fix it...

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I personally would have chopped off my sisters head and then sold her car. 2 birds,1 stone!!!!

As far as the door situaton goes. Let the body shop look it over first. If you simply need a door skin then also let them know about the window problem so that it can be fixed while the door is apart. Question them to see if they have experience with puttin on door skins on these doors. I have seen many skins that have been reglued and done very wrong. If you are in need of an entire door, they can take care of your window problem at the same time also. As they will be swaping the parts into the new shell. I would not worry about the paint, as they will blend it into the fenders. Just be sure to use a quality body shop.

Sorry to hear you took your car to the dealership for your mastercylinder problem. That would have been an easy inexpensive fix. Dealerships have a habbit of throwing parts at a problem, when all you may have needed to was to bleed your cylinder.

Good Luck on your door, hope everything comes out well.

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by anniversary30 View Post
    I personally would have chopped off my sisters head and then sold her car. 2 birds,1 stone!!!!
    Well i was going 2, but we made a deal, that in a few years she will get me a new paint job, My car is black and is 6 years old, so for its 10th b-day I'm getting her painted Red and sending the bill to my good o'l sis

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

1. Why change the color? Iknow black is a pain to keep clean, I have had 5 black cars.A clen black car is like a sore dick....you can't beat it!Plus if you going to paint it,it's going to cost a load of cash if you plan on doing everything so when you open doors,hood and hatch you don't see any black.Good luck with the paint though,red looks good if kept clean.

2. Start saving your money now cause in a couple of years when it's time you probably won't have the guts to ask her for the money if you get along with her or you'll just end up asking her to help out just a little bit.I say stick with the black and save some money unless you are an anal retard like me and don't want any tape lines,then red or black ,it's going to cost you.

Thread Information