Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White
    1999 Transam WS6

The Glory Of Owning A Firebird!

I've had my car for 1 week and 2 days and within a week of owning it I had a run in which would make anyone feel proud to own a Firebird; an American legend.

A couple of nights ago I was cruising with the t-tops off in my WS6 from my uncles house along with my father in the passengers seat. A bit in front of me I saw what looked like a c4 corvette. As I drove closer my assumptions became a reality. Nice looking red c4 corvette with very thick ass rear tires and a nice toned exhaust, but not loud. As I near him a red light turns on in front of us; a nameless SUV, corvette, and me in a row. Before closing the distance to the SUV the corvette changes lanes into the right one and stops about 1 car short of the red light in order for me to line up with him.

I gaze over at the corvette as I near closer and closer to the SUV and then I spot the driver of the corvette, an older looking man, surveying my car. After a couple of seconds at looking over my car the man looks over at me and gives me a smile which is respectfully returned as I drive off as the light had turned green. The corvette driver waits for me to go ahead of me as he turns into my lane most likely wanting to get a view of my rear and to turn.. As I drive away proud to own a transam I see the corvette driver turn left as we part ways.

A speechless encounter of two mutually respected American icons.
    Last edited by Aetos; 07-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Very nice! Feels great when people give your car the respect it deserves dosent it. Tonight my buddies and I were out side the local brewery we always go to and a lady walking by asked whos Trans Am is that since we were standing next to it. I said it was mine and she said that she had a 98 non WS6 and loved it but sold it. She said it was her baby and the next car she gets will be another one. She was hot too

pewter
    2002 firehawk

countless times I've had people stop and talk to me about my car and I f-ing love it.....

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I've had my car for 1 week and 2 days and within a week of owning it I had a run in which would make anyone feel proud to own a Firebird; an American legend.

A couple of nights ago I was cruising with the t-tops off in my WS6 from my uncles house along with my father in the passengers seat. A bit in front of me I saw what looked like a c4 corvette. As I drove closer my assumptions became a reality. Nice looking red c4 corvette with very thick ass rear tires and a nice toned exhaust, but not loud. As I near him a red light turns on in front of us; a nameless SUV, corvette, and me in a row. Before closing the distance to the SUV the corvette changes lanes into the right one and stops about 1 car short of the red light in order for me to line up with him.

I gaze over at the corvette as I near closer and closer to the SUV and then I spot the driver of the corvette, an older looking man, surveying my car. After a couple of seconds at looking over my car the man looks over at me and gives me a smile which is respectfully returned as I drive off as the light had turned green. The corvette driver waits for me to go ahead of me as he turns into my lane most likely wanting to get a view of my rear and to turn.. As I drive away proud to own a transam I see the corvette driver turn left as we part ways.

A speechless encounter of two mutually respected American icons.
    just wait til you go cruising with 1 or 2 more other ws6s =)

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I have people talk to me all the time about mine "Is that your Trans Am"
    Wait till 5 ls1 f-bodys are cruising together and happening to find 5 more that are cruising around.

Bricks Will Be Shat!

White
    02 WS6

That's awesome!! I had a guy the other day wait for over 15 minutes for me while I stood in line buying beer. I know he was waiting for me, 'cause I saw him pull up. He was in a 99 C5. We ended up BS'ing for about another 15 minutes.

dale

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

feels really cool when the older guys in the vettes give you respect. most of my friends that drive cool cars are into mustangs so i am the black sheep. the faster black sheep though

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by red99ws6 View Post
    feels really cool when the older guys in the vettes give you respect. most of my friends that drive cool cars are into mustangs so i am the black sheep. the faster black sheep though
    Know how you feel so are mine and they still cant keep up to my stock WS6 in there modded Mustangs.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

That's great.
    On the way home today I was driving my pewter T/A and I see a pewter vette of about the same year up ahead . I get about a car behind him and see another pewter vette vert (same model) two cars up. So we all got side by side in pewter ls1's down the three lane highway and gave a thumbsup. It was pretty kew.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yep.. I've only owned F-bodies.. (6 so far) Love getting compliments, as well as cruising with other f-bodies. Great feeling indeed!
    Last edited by Silver Streak; 07-03-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

White
    1998 Trans Am m6

I own a 98 TA and a 95 vette, get more comments on the TA from strangers.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mellinger View Post
    I own a 98 TA and a 95 vette, get more comments on the TA from strangers.
    I think it may be because 'vettes are a lot more common than T/As are, at least in my parts. A day doesn't go by where I don't see at least 2-3 corvettes, but I can go for a long long time without seeing a Firebird, let alone a ws6, besides my own that is. The T/A, more specifically the WS6, is alot more unique than most cars on the road, its not as common on the roads and it has a unique aggressive nostrily look.

Again, this is just by going by my views around my parts; NYC, Queens borough.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

I think I get more dirty looks than smiles when I cruise the TA.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

f-bodies man! i had a 92 camaro before my t/a, i've always got compliments on my cars, feels great!

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

and t-tops are just straight sexy

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

its great to have people stop in there tracks and stare. i get it alot when im out in mine. it gets beter whene your with a bunch of f-bodys

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

People around here couldn't care less about a WS6. It's not that I bought the car just to look cool but people don't seem to care anymore about a Trans Am than they would a civic. Now if you have an oversized SUV with tints and chrome deuce deuces then you'll get some looks around these parts.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

its all about the respect, thats the best part

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

On my way home with my car the first time. I saw a vintage GT500 (or look alike) and we gave each other the thumbs up sign... it was awesome.

Lots of other moments since. met a couple very cool GTO owners who got our cars pictures taken together.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I think it may be because 'vettes are a lot more common than T/As are, at least in my parts. A day doesn't go by where I don't see at least 2-3 corvettes, but I can go for a long long time without seeing a Firebird, let alone a ws6, besides my own that is. The T/A, more specifically the WS6, is alot more unique than most cars on the road, its not as common on the roads and it has a unique aggressive nostrily look.

Again, this is just by going by my views around my parts; NYC, Queens borough.
    Yep. Firebirds are a dying breed.

Becoming more rare everyday, and while that is a shame, its a good feeling indeed to be able to pull mine out of the garage and show it off from time to time!

Thread Information