Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Getting back into a T/A !!!!

Well hoping to receive shipment of this BAD ASS!!! T/A next weekend. I saw this car on Ebay about 4 or 5 months ago and was in love with it. The owner was trying to get rid of it for next to nothing compared to what he had put into it, over 50k. But at the time I was in my T/A that I had just finished paying off so all I could do is stare at it and wonder what lucky son of a #$#^%@ would be sitting in it in the future. Little did I know at the time that lucky son of a ^*%() would be "ME". If you would of told me that, I would not of believed it!! I find myself filled with excitement as if I were a little kid once again and can,t wait to climb into this beast of a car and fire it up for the first time!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

post a link to it so we can see it

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Yeah. How can you tell us what a heck of a deal you got and not show us any pictures or post specs?

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Sorry, how do I post a link? I got it for 19,500 at a dealer in Michigan were the previous owner traded it for a C6 Vett. And he is a cool guy I've talk to him a few times. It has a new GM 6.0 iron block in it strait from GM and a Griffin blower, roll cage, parachute, 5. Harness, nasscar exahust and so much more. I'll try to find the info on my comp I saved it some where.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

shit so it has a little bit of power then?

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by transamgreen View Post
    Sorry, how do I post a link? I got it for 19,500 at a dealer in Michigan were the previous owner traded it for a C6 Vett. And he is a cool guy I've talk to him a few times. It has a new GM 6.0 iron block in it strait from GM and a Griffin blower, roll cage, parachute, 5. Harness, nasscar exahust and so much more. I'll try to find the info on my comp I saved it some where.

Copy the web address to the website and then paste it here in a reply.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

thread failure

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I want more. Its simple copy and paste.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I think he's f'ing with us...........ha ha. That does sound like a suwheet ride. Wonder if it is a stick shift. And what had to be done to that to let it survive. Not even gonna think about the stock differential!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well, its been 24 hours now. He should have learned how to copy and paste a web address by now.

FAIL

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Well he lives in my town so I must have seen his previous Trans Am. So tell us, what color is your other TA?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Okay reading thru his old posts his old car was wrecked and is being parted out at F Body Central.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've seen a few silver WS6s around Annapolis. Most all have the newer 01-02 WS6 wheels tho.

BLACK
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Sorry guys not able to be on here every day. The link is no longer on Ebay. I have pics of the car saved on my computer where can I post them to show every one? This is what the previous owner had on Ebay that I saved to my computer. 1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Street Legal 200 MPH Plus Race Car 1,000 HP at Motor, 750 HP to the Tires & 620 Ft/Tq to the Tires This is at 15psi of boost Motor & Blower is Capable of 30psi 365CID LS1 Blower Motor Fully Professional built all receipts and documents will go with car when sold. Full NHRA Certified 10 Point Roll Cage / Through Dash not in front / Full top Halo bars – T-Tops still go on and off no Problem This is my 1999 Trans Am I have had since 2003 and many modifications later this is what I have today. The Car is set up for the Street Legal Standing 1 Mile land speed race. That takes place at Maxton air force base in North Carolina for the East Coast Timing Assoc. This car is capable of 200 plus MPH and is no joke. It is street legal all lights, wipers, blinkers all work. The only thing that might cause a fuss with the cops is the parachute on the back and the NASCAR style exhaust that is retarded loud. The car makes the best sound I have ever heard from the front it sounds like a jet coming at you with the blower sucking away and the exhaust sounds like none other around. I would no change the tone for nothing write me the ticket I don’t care. I was told by the shop performing work to the car that if you were to change the gear ratio and some suspension tweaks there would not be a problem getting into the low 8’s with this car. I have well over $50,000 in the car not including the car itself. I am not selling the car because I need money. I am selling the car because I am not happy with it. I don’t like crawling in and out of the roll cage I don’t like the 5-point harnesses. Everything that was done was my idea and I thought I would love it. I am just to the point where I do not drive it and I see it as a waste sitting in the garage when someone would love to have it. This car is 100 % done to most people but myself I still have a lot I want to do to it but see it as a waste to put more into when I don’t enjoy it the way I thought I would. I have thought about selling for the past 6 months but never could, but I now decided to prob. buy a corvette or something fast but yet easy to drive. Engine / Fuel: GM iron 6.0L block, right from GM not from a used truck! Eagle Steel Crank – 3.625 Stroke Eagle Steel Rods – 6.200 Long JE Pistons – 4.005” bore forged dished 9.5:1 CR JE Pins – JE Ring Set Federal Mogul Bearings Comp Cam Duration: Intake – 214 Deg @ .050” Exhaust – 224 Deg @ .050” Lift: Intake - .601” Exhaust - .601” Lobe Center – 115 Deg ATI Dampener GM H.D timing Chain Set ET Performance Heads – 245cc 2.055” Intake / 1.60” Exhaust Titanium retainers Dbl Valve Spring - .625 Lift Max ARP Head Stud Kit ARP Engine Bolt Kit ARP Balancer Bolt All Components are new from oil pan to front cover nothing was used from the original engine Power Mater XS Torque Starter Fast – 65lb hour Fuel Injectors Full Race fuel system from Speed Inc. Twin Walbro inline fuel pumps #6 and #8 Fuel and return line High Flow Billet Fuel rails All AN-10, AN-8, AN-6 Fittings Blower: ATI – D1sc serp race kit Full front mount griffin intercooler Blower support link ties blower to chassis ATI race pop valve (very loud when no boost goes to engine) All tubing is powder coated with T-Bar clamps Transmission and Driveline: The trans is a reworked stock T-56 with steel 3/4. - 1/2. Slider and new syncro kit. All the though trans in not rated for the power it has no issue’s for what I was using it for if you where to hammer gears on the track you might have a prob? McLeod clutch with adjustable master cylinder Upgraded H.D Slave cylinder Pro 5.0 Short shifter with stops Mosher 12 Bolt Rear DTS Stress/Torque Cover Suspension and Steering: QA1 coilovers at all 4 corner 12 way adj up front and 24 way adj at rear, yes on the rear they are coilovers the stock springs and shocks are gone. Front has BMR K-Member, upper and lower control arms, and massive Hotchkiss sway bar BMR weld in Sub Frame Connectors Alston Adjustable Torque arm Rear has BMR adjustable control arms and Pan hard bar Hotchkiss Sway bar on rear also Turn One Power steering pump New GM Rack n Pinion Detroit Speed & Engineering Braided Stainless P.S Lines Exhaust: Ceramic coated Custom Stepped Edelbrock Headers with 3 1/2” collectors Dr Gas exhaust components 4” oval exhaust pipe 2 custom 2” spin tech pro street mufflers Exhaust goes from the collectors to oval pipe to muffler right out in front the rear tires. The exhaust is very short and very load…I love it Interior: The inside is still pretty stock other than a roll cage and mounted seats. The seats are Sparco Evo 2 weight about 5 pound and have a exo skeleton built around then to mount to the floor and the cage. Simpson certified Harnesses in both driver and pass seats Dash is stock I did remove the radio because it was hard to hear and all wiring is there if you wanted to put something back in. The rear seat was removed but can be put back in if you chose to. Body and Styling: I left the basic style alone because I think it is a beautiful car. I did buy a GM Firehawk hood for it I had it all painted with the front end and fenders to blend it all together. Of course the Simpson parachute is a little other than stock. I have been through 5 or 6 sets of wheels before I found a set I really like. So these are CCW SP20 wheels 18 X10 front and 18 X 11 rear and Nitto Invo tires 275/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rear with the right offset rear wheel and the 295 rear tires these are equal to a 315 I am sure I forgot to add things so please contact me with any questions and I will answer them.

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Well he lives in my town so I must have seen his previous Trans Am. So tell us, what color is your other TA?
    My other 01 T/A was black and I had all the work over the years done up at F-BodyCentral and that is where it is curently at being parted. Before the rebuild it put 410rwhp after it was even louder and had 430rwhp. I go to Cruisin O.C. both shows every year and the UPS show in Laurel in Oct. so I don't know if you had ever seen me around or not in the area but we can hang this spring and summer, just let me know where there are so meets or something. I went to Bowie one time to Glory Days I think it was called.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Ya I did the Glory Days thing once, I usually don't get off work early enough to make it. I'm at Capitol Raceway pretty much every Friday night for test and tune when they open. Bring your car up there sometime when you get it. Cheers.

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Ya I did the Glory Days thing once, I usually don't get off work early enough to make it. I'm at Capitol Raceway pretty much every Friday night for test and tune when they open. Bring your car up there sometime when you get it. Cheers.
    Yeah not much of a track person don't mind going up to watch but don't know if I would run this car up there when I get it seeing how its not set up for the track. I joined your FQuick page its cool how you can set up a garage with pics and all, so I did if any one wants to go to that site and check out some pics. You have never gone to the Cruisin O.C. ? If not you have to. Look it up on the Internet.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by transamgreen View Post
    Yeah not much of a track person don't mind going up to watch but don't know if I would run this car up there when I get it seeing how its not set up for the track. I joined your FQuick page its cool how you can set up a garage with pics and all, so I did if any one wants to go to that site and check out some pics. You have never gone to the Cruisin O.C. ? If not you have to. Look it up on the Internet.
    I go to the track every Friday to watch. I only race maybe twice a year. I never been on the OC cruise cause my work situation but alot of guys on EFA go. If your not on EFA then join (local board). http://easternfbody.com/easternfbody/ We need more guys that actually have f bodies now. Lol. Most have sold for Vettes already.

Pewter
    1999-TransAm LSX

Cool I'll check it out. If you come across any one that needs anything off an 01 please let me know, the engine is awesome!! I would of been putting it in something if I didn't pick up this monster car that I am getting.

Thread Information