Thread: gas?

red
    04 pontiac gto

gas?

i was just wondering what type of gas everyone uses? reg,super,premium etc...with gas prices never seeming to be going down well at least in my neck of the woods prices are as follows $2.39 for reg $2.49 and $2.59 and fuel injector cleaners good or bad and how often u use em?

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

I'm using super unleaded. The amount of money I'd save using regular unleaded isn't worth the decrease in performance and wear and tear on the engine using a non-recommended fuel. BTW, off the shelf octaine boosters are crap (all of them) and will screw up your plugs and O2 sensors.

I use a can of BG44K fuel injector cleaner at every oil change (every 3,000 - 3,500 miles). It helps keep my intake and injectors nice and clean. I also do a hardcore fuel injector cleaning every other year.

Marc

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

You can use regular gas.....however you need to get a power programmer first...which costs about $400. But there are other benifits to PP that make it worth it.

Speaking of injectors, keeping them clean is key, not only for gas mileage but to prolong engine life. I had an injector fail on an IROC-Z, totally different engines but simular type fuel injection setup to the LS1. Just bought the car with only 78,000 miles, a month later an injector quit at full throttle and scortched a cylinder. Engine had to be replaced. There was so much tarnish on the injectors, I was amazed that they lasted 78,000 miles.

red
    04 pontiac gto

where do i find that brand of fuel injector cleaner and what do u mean by cleaning the injectors once a yr

Thread Information