Black
    1999 Trans Am

Garage a/c or not? storage time maybe=(

Well I havent had to much luck selling the car, some bites finally this week around town and here, but worst to worst ima have to store the car while im gone so will it matter if the garage has a/c or not? it'll just be sitting for 6 months. ill have my baby when I return is really a good thing cause she's so sexy.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

More important is that you make sure you put fuel stabilizer in the tank and your fluids are serviced. Make sure no food crumbs are left inside or else you'll have some guests. If you plan on getting tires wait till you return, flat spots will develop and depending on the tire may not smooth out. Also they could go and dry rot. Disconnect the battery. I'd take it out of the car. I'd also do a couple of things to prevent some A-hole stealing it by disconnecting the starter and pulling the fuel pump fuse. That's just me. Make sure you lock it tight, even the T-tops. It won't prevent a determine thief but it will slow them down some.

Climate control can help keep it out of the elements. Give the choice I would store it in one. Ask if they are insured? Do they have security? Keep your insurance on the car, if you let them know it's in storage they will reduce your rate and it provides coverage in case of fire/theft/act of God.

Navy Blue Metallic

More important is that you make sure you put fuel stabilizer in the tank and your fluids are serviced. Make sure no food crumbs are left inside or else you'll have some guests. If you plan on getting tires wait till you return, flat spots will develop and depending on the tire may not smooth out. Also they could go and dry rot. Disconnect the battery. I'd take it out of the car. I'd also do a couple of things to prevent some A-hole stealing it by disconnecting the starter and pulling the fuel pump fuse. That's just me. Make sure you lock it tight, even the T-tops. It won't prevent a determine thief but it will slow them down some.

Climate control can help keep it out of the elements. Given the choice I would store it in one. Ask if they are insured? Do they have security? Keep your insurance on the car, if you let them know it's in storage they will reduce your rate and it provides coverage in case of fire/theft/act of God.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

wow i just learned tons, thx man

Navy Blue Metallic

I've had to store a vehicle a time or two probably for the same reasons you are going too.

Another thing if you do leave the battery in place but disconnect the cables put some of that lube for terminals that prevents corrosion. A packet cost $2 at any parts store.

Try to leave it with only a 1/4 tank of gas. Filling it up just gives you more chances of having bad gas later.

When the day comes to take it out of storage.

Check all fluids, stuff leaks. Have a battery charger (or a fresh battery) and a air compressor on hand or accessible in case you need it.

Bring a gallon of gas and oils/coolant/ATF fluids for your car. Again stuff leaks.

Take it easy the first few trips driving it around. After a 20 mile drive I check to see if you have any leaks. Repeat at 50/100/500 mile intervals. Seals and gaskets go bad quick.

Don't be surprise if your car runs like crap for a few days.

It really comes down to how good you take car of your car and how good you prep it prior to storage.

Thread Information