Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

G8 GXP vs. 02 WS6

I have an 02 TA but am in love with the GXP!! I have 2 kids but the TA is the greates car ever(untill possibly the G8). With the financing available right now i dunno if i wanna pass it up what do you guys think???

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

it really depends on what you want out of the car. In my opinion i wouldn't pay for the gxp strickly for the performance to cost ratio. People will probably argue this till they're blue in the face but motor trend clocked the gxp at 13.0 in the 1/4 and i'm sorry but stock ls1's can do that. For me balls out acceleration is pretty much the most important thing to me. I just don't see paying the much for an ls3 with 415hp that runs just as hard as mine. But for comfort and the better suspension it might be what you want.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by peteyp22 View Post
    I have an 02 TA but am in love with the GXP!! I have 2 kids but the TA is the greates car ever(untill possibly the G8). With the financing available right now i dunno if i wanna pass it up what do you guys think???
    I plan on buying one for my wife.....we'll leave it at that......
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

GXP is more practical if you only want one car. or you could keep the TA and buy a nice used family sedan and still be money ahead.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I would NEVER trade a future american classic car for a sports sedan headed for the chopping block. Dont' get me wrong, i'd pimp a G8 in a heart beat for the right price-but never trade my bird in.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I would NEVER trade a future american classic car for a sports sedan headed for the chopping block. Dont' get me wrong, i'd pimp a G8 in a heart beat for the right price-but never trade my bird in.
    Ditto with my SS.

2000 Trans Am

I know that WE ALL consider them to be american classic car on this forum but honestly how long does it take until the collectors truly consider them that?

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I know that WE ALL consider them to be american classic car on this forum but honestly how long does it take until the collectors truly consider them that?
    Probably around the same time liberals realize they're communists.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Probably around the same time liberals realize they're communists.
    LOL nice

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL, i think in about 10 years or so. I mean, a car is considered "antique" at 25 years and we're nearly half way there. Don't forget, talk to ANY old gearhead and the first thing they'll tell you is "man do I wish I had kept my 19xx suchin-such"

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

LOL, i think in about 10 years or so. I mean, a car is considered "antique" at 25 years and we're nearly half way there. Don't forget, talk to ANY old gearhead and the first thing they'll tell you is "man do I wish I had kept my 19xx suchin-such"
    A wise man once told me, "don't sell anything." Same goes with musical instruments.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

When there are no pony cars left, and this time (from 98 to present) is seen as the last era of the musclecar, then they will start to rise sharply in value.

As long as Challengers, Mustangs, and even the new Camaro if it makes it out to the dealerships, are being sold, we do not have anything special.

This is why the 1989 Turbo Trans Am and pretty much all other 3rd gens have no collectibility (I love them, but...) the 4th gens were faster, and thats why no one cares about them.

2000 Trans Am

if are cars are not truly a ws6 will that make it depreciate?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if are cars are not truly a ws6 will that make it depreciate?
    nope, just like a base model 1967 firebird has as much retail value as a 73 SD. they are classics. Our cars will someday be there.

2000 Trans Am

nope, just like a base model 1967 firebird has as much retail value as a 73 SD. they are classics. Our cars will someday be there.
    Even if we added the hood and airbox.....and don't have the original rims etc etc etc........

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Even if we added the hood and airbox.....and don't have the original rims etc etc etc........
    I would think original parts would be preferable, from the viewpoint of a one day car collector. I may be wrong though.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i dunno man-are you really gonna sell your car after 30 years? what would the point be?

2000 Trans Am

i dunno man-are you really gonna sell your car after 30 years? what would the point be?
    To get millions of dollars duh.........i probably will end up giving it to my children anyways........but i'm only 26 so anything can happen......

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

To get millions of dollars duh.........i probably will end up giving it to my children anyways........but i'm only 26 so anything can happen......
    I'm going to set my car on fire when I'm on my deathbed. When I go, my car goes.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I'm going to set my car on fire when I'm on my deathbed. When I go, my car goes.
    Viking funeral!!

Man, I like that. You've got to be in the car though (and preferably already dead).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information