Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black on Black "BOB"
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk

Future value of 2002 Trans Am Firehawks?????

Any one care to share there thoughts on the future collectability of the very last 2002 Firehawks? I am the original owner of a Firehawk with just over four thousand miles on it. Plan on keeping the mileage under ten thousand miles for the next ten years or so?

Just dreaming that value will increase?????

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I don't see our anniversary cars really starting to go up in value until they become more like classics. With that said, I'm saying it's going to be another 15-20 years.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

I agree with Jon. You better be a very young man if you have visions of great capital gains. Remember you have to factor in your costs of insurance, maintenance, storage space. Even if you never drove it you would have a tough time getting top dollar with dried out tires, rubber seals that cracked not to mention the engine and drive train need to be exercised regularly. Historically, for most cars excluding exotics, the money you paid for your Fire Hawk would accumulate greater if put in the right interest bearing investment for 20 years. I say all this because I would encourage you to drive and enjoy your ride while you can. I also bought an ultra low mileage 02 WS6 in brand new condition. I've highly modified the entire suspension and am now tweaking the motor. I'm going to drive the wheels off it. I personally don't care what it's worth in 20 years because I'll be 87 years old, if I make it. I refuse to sit back in my rocker and tell everyone, who"ll listen, how I had the nicest Trans Am, but like a fool I never enjoyed it. Of course by that time gasoline will be $20 a gallon and the electrics/hybrids will dust off an ancient so called muscle car without breaking a sweat. Enjoy your ride. It has to be a beautiful example.
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear
    Bilsteins w/Strano Springs Conti Super Contacts
    TuneByFrost MSD Wires
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic

Black on Black "BOB"
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk

Just curious about the value of the Pontiac Trans Am since there is no more Pontiac. Just wondering if it makes the 2002 T A 's more desirable ?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Just enjoy your vehicle while you have it. I have a 30k 02 SS 6M and I am not worried about future value because it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I have seen some really nice muscle cars with almost no miles go for original sticker price at the Barrett Jackson auction. Drive and enjoy them while we still can. Obama may outlaw gas vehicles if he has his way.

Black on Black "BOB"
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Just enjoy your vehicle while you have it. I have a 30k 02 SS 6M and I am not worried about future value because it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I have seen some really nice muscle cars with almost no miles go for original sticker price at the Barrett Jackson auction. Drive and enjoy them while we still can. Obama may outlaw gas vehicles if he has his way.

Yeah I here ya.... Don't even get me started about Nobama!!!!!!!!'

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Wonder if my 2000 hawk will be worth money....hrmmm

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    nikki
    2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a 2002 Camaro SS 35th LE with 23K miles on it. It's mint and has about 23K in parts on it. I'd say it's worth about 25K, if that. If I put it back to completely original, it might be worth 20K.

The market is weak, very weak. You can find these cars (non special editions) all day long for sale and for under 9K with relatively low miles and in decent shape.

It takes a specific buyer (collector) to have any interest at all in a LE or special edition vehicle. These cars are only 10 years old so it's not really that difficult to find them yet.

I will say that if you are buying a car as an investment tool, it's probably the worst investment you can make.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Yeah I never understand the concept of have a car as an investment. I say buy a brick of gold and toss it in your closet, it will appreciate better, take up less space, and require far less maintenance... While it's nice to get some money back out of a car when you're done with it, you really can't count on it...

That being said, you did make me curious so I went a browsing. I looked for 1977 TAs figuring that's a good one to use as an example as it's a popular model. I see them in various conditions and states of nonstockness going for about 25k to as much as 60k. I have no idea what they cost in 77, somewhere around 10k or less maybe? So in those terms, a 10k car going for 60k 35 years later is pretty good. But I have no idea how much was spent in upkeep and modifications on those. I certainly can't imagine an 02 Firehawk being worth 600% of it's original price anytime soon, even with Pontiac and the Firebird being gone. And I think the guy above me is right, in that it will be a LONG time before they really become rare enough and hard to find to the point that prices really start going up. Personally, I don't think it's worth it to have that sweet car and not drive it hoping that the price will go up. But to each his own, certainly. If you do decide to keep it relatively undriven in hopes of future sales, I wish you luck. But I still think you'd be better off with a gold brick in the closet...
    Last edited by Schmalgar; 04-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am Firehawk

I drive mine just not to work becuase the parking lot is so busy and i work with a bunch of women who just fling their doors opeb. Its a 2000 with 69k miles on it.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

i got a 98 z bought it cash for 3800 off the lot 3 yrs later im at 172k mi and i dont regret it...im gonna enjoy my car till the wheels fall off(metaphorically) that would be a terrible incident

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by firehawkchick View Post
    I drive mine just not to work becuase the parking lot is so busy and i work with a bunch of women who just fling their doors opeb. Its a 2000 with 69k miles on it.
    Yeah I had to start parking way out in the back of my parking lot at work for the same reason. In the first week that I was there, I had six new scratches and dings of varying sizes on my doors. SIX! No matter how well I parked... Oh I was FURIOUS. So yeah, I park way out back now away from everyone, and certainly in corner/buffer spots as well. Actually it worked out better anyway, as the back of the lot is a deck so the car is now covered and out of the sun and I can leave it open. But still furious...

Sorry, not trying to go off on a tangent from the topic, but had to comment on that one... People suck...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Im a teacher so we have limited parking for staff but i do park against a curb so only one person can park next to me.

Black on Black "BOB"
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk

You guys and gals are giving me the itch to get out and drive the ole 02! Just put in a fresh AC Delco battery ,ready to turn 4751 miles on it. LOL maybe I will drive it to the parts store and buy some more fuel stabilizer?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Firehawk View Post
    You guys and gals are giving me the itch to get out and drive the ole 02! Just put in a fresh AC Delco battery ,ready to turn 4751 miles on it. LOL maybe I will drive it to the parts store and buy some more fuel stabilizer?
    I wish i had low miles

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Bah, low miles = not nearly enough fun. I average about 15k miles per year with absolutely no regrets...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Firehawk View Post
    All the way to the parts store?? Now now, don't go getting all crazy!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It's actually more bad than good to continue to take a car on short trips like that continuously as opposed to longer trips.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Driving mine to Florida this weekend! Gonna be a road trip
    2002 Camaro SS Black Betty
    Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Driving mine to Florida this weekend! Gonna be a road trip
    Attaboy! Have fun with it!

Yeah I love the road trip too, though I haven't taken any as long as yours will be, but I drive everywhere in the south, from Atlanta to Tampa FL, N. Carolina, Tennessee, and Mississippi regularly...

Thread Information