Thread: Fta

Fta

I have a 2001 formula trans an white hard top it has only fta on title any information on this vehicle how many made is the hardtop rare and what's the difference please help with any information

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

Here is some model year info: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/differe...y-years-27512/

This one will help you decode the VIN tag on the end of your driver door: RPO Production Codes

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Formula transam 2001 View Post
    I have a 2001 formula trans an white hard top it has only fta on title any information on this vehicle how many made is the hardtop rare and what's the difference please help with any information
    FYI, all "Trans Ams" in 2001 had T-tops. The only way you could get a hard-top is in a V6 Firebird or in a Formula (which would have RPO W66 instead of Y82 which indicates a Trans Am).

As far as the title goes, depending on the state (and prior owners), it could have just about anything, because a "Trans Am" is merely a V8 Firebird (i.e.: a "Formula") with the T/A trim option added (which swaps the W66 RPO for Y82). It is not unusual for a TransAm to have a title that states it is a "Formula" since nothing in the VIN indicates the car is one or the other.

There were approximately 179 HT Formulas built in '01. Link to production breakdowns in my sig.
    Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 08-29-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Thread Information